Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 370893 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: NOT THAT KIND OF GAME
« Reply #465 on: September 06, 2012, 02:39:42 pm »

I head to the chest room, guided by my innate sense for treasure.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 06, 2012, 05:03:47 pm »

MaximumClone1, armed only with his furious anger, burning hatred and pants, decides to go into the Tomb of Horrors for a quick vacation. It sure beats the airfare to Sarlona.
Wait, does this mean we're in Eberron? Now I'm tempted to make my next character a Warforged. Although I already have a shtick going here. Maybe it could be adopted? Hmm.

Anyway, I'll now stick my hand into the cubby hole and feel around for anything I can find.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 06, 2012, 07:00:49 pm »

: AGNS makes his way to the chapel room.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 06, 2012, 07:06:12 pm »

Use my stick to move the crystal chest to purposely trigger the trap and not get shot by it. Make sure not to stand where it points.

The dart trap is made up of a gatling gun and an explosive device, since it apparently hits everyone in the room. Of course you only learned this fact after prodding the chest with your stick.

Is there anything in that Urn with the bloodflies? If not, I'd like to check the area around the Altar from the dias-side, and the altar itself (and suggest Hannah scoot away from the main aisle where the lightning happens).

Unless you're interested in what happens to bloodmotes when they're cooped up in a urn for several decades, not really.

[7] Investigating the dias reveals nothing interesting besides a couple of old stains. Shrugging your shoulders, you start looking at the altar proper.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, that was exciting. Return to the Sphere hall, as I originally intended. Stick tongue out at Midna.

Highly excited and/or burnt, Hans returns to the Hall of Spheres where she bumps into MaximumClone1.

If not with the rest of the group, attempt to catch up. If with the group, stick around with the rogues until they pick a fight with something.

Using your amazing powers of telepathy/reading the thread you finally end up in the Hall of Spheres, where you bump into Hans.

Get drunk with Maximum Zero. Remember I am a girl. Do not get drunk.

Midna is the only adventurer who thought to bring some booze, and since you just stuck your tongue out at her I doubt that she'll be giving any of it up. So don't worry. Well, you should probably worry about the Maxclone and his terrible pick-up lines, and the horrible traps littered throughout the place, and the evil monsters that inhabit the tomb...

I head to the chest room, guided by my innate sense for treasure.

: AGNS makes his way to the chapel room.

Guided by Brecan Greene's keen sense of treasure, Brecan and AGNS head into the chest room just seconds after the dart trap went off. How terribly convenient.

Anyway, I'll now stick my hand into the cubby hole and feel around for anything I can find.

Feeling around in the cubby hole, you find what seems to be a handle of some sort.

Oh, I have got to get in on this.

Name: Wall
Class: Guardian(Fighter)
Weapons: Sword
Items: Torch, Rope, Grappling Hook(Don't know if it and the rope count as one or two.)

Wall was created to guard a mysterious treasure. Unfortunately, after 1000 years(Or a week, or five minutes, he's not sure.) he got bored and wandered off. Now he's looking for something to do, and the tomb of horrors seems as good as anything. He's taken hundreds of blows to the head, and talking to him is somewhat like talking to a brick wall, which is where he got his name.

Assuming everything is in order, his first action is to attempt to talk with the monster painted on the fresco in the doorway. If it doesn't respond(because it's painted on, presumably) He loses his temper and attacks it.

Probably due to a general sense of homesickness, Wall wanders into the Tomb of Horrors and decides to check out the sights. It admires the rubble left after the collapsing room trap, and looks on at awe at the compacting trap. If it had a camera it probably would be snapping photos of the fresco chamber, but it doesn't so instead it gets into an argument with the painting of the captured monster. Annoyed at losing this combat of wills, Wall decides to show the fresco how it got its name by head-butting the wall. Bits of plaster go flying in all directions, revealing a hidden door!

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Ahem, are there any magical spheres left to explore?

No, but you can explore what's behind the door that Karas finally opened, or go into the chest room for the gold chest, or maybe even go back into the laboratory. And of course, you can always check everywhere for secret doors (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

Oh boy this is awkward. Maybe I should have stuck with Midna.
Ahem, are there any magical spheres left to explore?
Two of them. On your chest. :P

Oh gods. >.<

I love you guys. :P

Also, in a completely unrelated note: All of my future forum games will be designed for maximum awkwardness between the players. Or maybe gender-bending. Or both! I haven't decided yet.

Maybe you best try that genderbender arch again. Maybe it'll turn you male again and we can put these jokes behind us.

Put these jokes behind us? You must be new here.

Did you really register to play this forum game?

MaximumClone1, armed only with his furious anger, burning hatred and pants, decides to go into the Tomb of Horrors for a quick vacation. It sure beats the airfare to Sarlona.
Wait, does this mean we're in Eberron? Now I'm tempted to make my next character a Warforged. Although I already have a shtick going here. Maybe it could be adopted? Hmm.

Well Acererak was a pretty snazzy plainswalker (and a horrible duelist), so technically this could take place in Eberron. In all honesty though I was just pulling a name from an established D&D setting. I was also going to drop some names from Dragonlance, Spelljammer, Greyhawk and all as well.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 06, 2012, 07:08:30 pm »

Redd moves to the chapel. " All right you lot. Lets Recap what we've found. I want a full description of where we can go from here. And also, Who was that woman out in the hall? "
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:13:04 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 06, 2012, 07:18:28 pm »

Brecan proceeds to check the gold chest for any traps, tricks, tricksy traps or trapsy tricks.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 06, 2012, 07:24:32 pm »

Maybe you best try that genderbender arch again. Maybe it'll turn you male again and we can put these jokes behind us.

Put these jokes behind us? You must be new here.

Did you really register to play this forum game?

Well... yeah. I stumbled onto the thread after I Googled "Tomb of Horrors." (I'm a DM, Halloween is coming up, I'm sure you can see where this is going.) Guess I'll hold off on reading the module for a while.

Anyway, I'm drawing my sword and heading through that door.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 06, 2012, 07:32:04 pm »

Well... yeah. I stumbled onto the thread after I Googled "Tomb of Horrors." (I'm a DM, Halloween is coming up, I'm sure you can see where this is going.) Guess I'll hold off on reading the module for a while.

Damn. That... really made my day. Thanks a lot.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 06, 2012, 07:33:57 pm »

Feeling around in the cubby hole, you find what seems to be a handle of some sort.
I pull the handle.

Well Acererak was a pretty snazzy plainswalker (and a horrible duelist), so technically this could take place in Eberron. In all honesty though I was just pulling a name from an established D&D setting. I was also going to drop some names from Dragonlance, Spelljammer, Greyhawk and all as well.
Ah, I see. Well, either way, my next character is going to be a magic robot adopted into a family that practices culinary-based combat. And carries a literal meat shield.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 06, 2012, 07:38:31 pm »

Damn. That... really made my day. Thanks a lot.

You're welcome. You've been awesome so far.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 06, 2012, 07:50:03 pm »

Redd moves to the chapel. " All right you lot. Lets Recap what we've found. I want a full description of where we can go from here. And also, Who was that woman out in the hall? "

Redd heads into the chapel, where Midna rapidly fills her in on the details or something.

Brecan proceeds to check the gold chest for any traps, tricks, tricksy traps or trapsy tricks.

[12 + 5] You find no traps and/or tricks of any kind.

Anyway, I'm drawing my sword and heading through that door.

Drawing its sword, Wall heads through the prison door. Well it first rips the rest of the plaster off the wall and opens the door, but those are minor details, especially for a magical construct. Behind the door is a twenty-foot corridor leading to another door. Unless you're interested in ancient masonry techniques, the corridor is pretty much empty and boring.

I pull the handle.

Ah, I see. Well, either way, my next character is going to be a magic robot adopted into a family that practices culinary-based combat. And carries a literal meat shield.

Wish and you shall receive.

Kadzar quickly grasps the handle, and gives it a pull.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 06, 2012, 07:55:28 pm »

"I guess we should do something about Hans then. Maybe get one of the 4 wizards we have to try something. or we could just let Him/her suffer. But we should probably stick together, i mean, look at all the traps."

Stay in the chapel/try and gather the party together.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 06, 2012, 07:58:30 pm »

I suppose the next thing to do would be to enter the boring hallway, check the hall and door for traps, then enter that door.
Sword still in hand.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 06, 2012, 08:06:30 pm »

Name: Kadbot (Adopted Son of Kadzar, Brother of the Kadzar Twins)
Class: Battlechef (Fighter)
Race: Warforged

Weapons: Butcher Knife, Large Slab of Meat (Shield)
Armor: Cloth Apron Plating, Chain Hairnet

Items: Roasting Spit, Butcher's Block, 50 ft of Sausage Casing and Grappling Ham (basically just a piece of ham that can get wedged in some places), Cord of Firewood, Flint and Steel, Torches

Kadbot will search for anyone who can tell him about his father and brothers.
Glory to Arstotzka!

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 06, 2012, 08:19:35 pm »

Kadbot will search for anyone who can tell him about his father and brothers.

Wall will helpfully point out the corpses and meat paste he passed on his way in, asking "Could it be them?" then return to his business in the boring hallway.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 134