Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371042 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Dem spheres
« Reply #345 on: August 30, 2012, 04:55:23 pm »

I ready myself for combat in case the thing in the canister decides to strike.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 30, 2012, 06:39:13 pm »

GNHS moves into the room (point) as well, searching for traps and invisible monsters.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 30, 2012, 07:20:13 pm »

((Started a new job this week, working nights so my days afe spent passed out in various states of conciousness, so Ill post stuff when I can.))

I would like to follow Midna into that awesome chapel thingy, Im going sightseeing!

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 30, 2012, 07:41:36 pm »

place Convenient Gems in the hands of the Gargoyle.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Dem spheres
« Reply #349 on: August 30, 2012, 08:02:59 pm »

I put on the Goggles of Night, and see if I can penetrate the magical darkness effect with them.

Your Goggles of Night pierce the magical darkness, but you won't get a fancy picture until you hop over the railing.

Behind the wooden railing is an opalescent blue altar, which is set before a tiered dais that supports a well-carved and padded wooden chair. Two large brass candelabra, each holding five white candles, stand on either side of the dais. Two large white pottery urns, each stoppered with brass, sit in each corner. A human skeleton wearing badly rusted and torn black chainmail lies dead in the southwestern portion of the room, one outstretched arm seeming to point into a mist-filled arch on the southern end of the west chapel wall.

Join Solifuge in the chapel and put some LONG LIGHT on that isht

What is it with the new characters and telepathically knowing everything?

You join Midna in the chapel, but your long light doesn't illuminate anything new, despite its impressive length.

I ready myself for combat in case the thing in the canister decides to strike.

You swing your kitchen knife threateningly, ready to take on anything. Well, anything that isn't a trap, that is. Or anything that kills you instantly. Or a really complex word problem...

GNHS moves into the room (point) as well, searching for traps and invisible monsters.

[9 + 5] You find no traps, or invisible monsters of any kind. You do, however, find a bag full of gems and a scroll of restoration three healing potions! Scrolls of restoration heal ability damage, which is obviously completely useless in this game. Unfortunately you have no room in your inventory for any of these items, so you place them on the floor carefully.

I would like to follow Midna into that awesome chapel thingy, Im going sightseeing!

You join Midna into the chapel, ready for some sightseeing. And as far as sights go... the chapel is pretty lame, to tell you the truth. 4/10 at best, unless you're into dead, rotting people, in which case you'd feel right at home.

You place your three convenient gems into the palms of the gargoyle, and then leap backwards, in case it tries to rip off your head or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I cautiously inspect the canister, wand at the ready in case whatever is in it is hostile.

You're probably wondering why I left your action last, don't you? Well, you were right.

As you approach the jar, it's mysterious fluid begins bubbling as you feel the pangs of a mental lance probing your mind. Hand shaking, you raise your Wand of Lightning Bolt to blast the brain to kingdom come before the one between your ears starts to leak out of your head.

The good news is that your oneness with the universe has abruptly ended (remember that?), so you can lay the smack down on that evil thing.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 30, 2012, 08:09:05 pm »

go talk to the other adventurers in the portal room

"What do you need me to do?"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 30, 2012, 08:09:17 pm »

Dear god man, do you want to die?

Join Solifuge within the chapel. Search the floors and walls for traps while Solifuge tries to penetrate the darkness.

Ninja'd.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 30, 2012, 08:15:09 pm »

Head back outside into the hallway and find someone who has torches.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 30, 2012, 08:17:53 pm »

"Torches? Take one. I stocked up" Handing him a torch

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 30, 2012, 08:38:25 pm »

Kill the brain! Kill it! (GNHS tries to shoot it with a crossbow. He hopes he can avoid Jax's streak of bad luck with such weaponry.)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 30, 2012, 08:42:41 pm »

"Thanks."

See if I can tie my pouch of chalk to my belt and put my lockpicks inside to save on space. If that doesn't work, then give Karas my lockpicks and take a few torches in return. Then light one and go back to explore that place I found behind the red orb.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 30, 2012, 08:54:53 pm »

I quickly stab at the enemy with my knife. Wait, no, it's dark. I try to light a torch as quickly as possible.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:58:20 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TaiwaneseRedneck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ufck that isht!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2012, 09:38:26 pm »

I detect for invisibility, and remove it, if applicable.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 31, 2012, 04:48:11 pm »

go talk to the other adventurers in the portal room

"What do you need me to do?"

Which portal room.

You go into the hallway of spheres and twiddle your thumbs. You know, the bronze and silver illusionary spheres haven't been looked into yet...

Join Solifuge within the chapel. Search the floors and walls for traps while Solifuge tries to penetrate the darkness.

You jump through the black sphere and crawl into the chapel.

[6 + 5] You detect no traps on the floor and walls.

Say, I haven't told you how big the room is, have I? Well, thanks to Midna's Goggles of Night, you now know that the chapel is seventy feet square, with the railing dividing the chapel being twenty feet from the southern wall (thus the northern chapel is 50x70, and the inner sanctum is 20x70).

"Torches? Take one. I stocked up" Handing him a torch

See if I can tie my pouch of chalk to my belt and put my lockpicks inside to save on space. If that doesn't work, then give Karas my lockpicks and take a few torches in return. Then light one and go back to explore that place I found behind the red orb.

Karas goes to hand you a couple torchs but, wouldn't you know it, you have no room in your inventory. You sadly give Karas the lockpicks and replace them with the torchs. Hopefully you'll be able to come back for them later. Thus equipped, you head back behind the red orb.

[3 + 5] You find nothing.

I detect for invisibility, and remove it, if applicable.

[3] Everything is visible as it should be.

Kill the brain! Kill it! (GNHS tries to shoot it with a crossbow. He hopes he can avoid Jax's streak of bad luck with such weaponry.)

You know, I should probably give you a penalty to hitting the target in the dark but...

I quickly stab at the enemy with my knife. Wait, no, it's dark. I try to light a torch as quickly as possible.

After fumbling with your flint and steel you finally manage to get your torch lit, thus illuminating the bloody and misshapen corpse of the GNHS.

You know, he never did tell you his name.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 31, 2012, 05:48:41 pm »

Oh, shit. I run back to the hallway of spheres. I'm not facing that thing alone.
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 134