Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371046 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

((Do eet!))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

Does that poem also refer to the red sphere in here? Maybe me and my fellow mages can investigate that one more closely...
I agree about inspecting the red orb till Solifuge comes back or his screams are heard but I will cast dispel magic on the  black orb before the brave bastard goes through
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:I

Really hoping magic isn't integral to solving the puzzle here. Might've wanted to wait until something horrible and magic happened.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile

Karas Sirenna looks at the 614 cubic yards of smoke. A perfect adventurer's beacon.

stepping past... Things and chalk marks, his eyes see the two archways. Stepping through to the four armed thing, and seeing some people (?) standing around

"I guess you are the brave adventurers?"
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

"Nah, we're the corpse cleaning crew. The adventurers are that greasy smear over there. Who wants to know?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile

"A brave adventurer. This Gargoyle. What does it need?" noting the needy look.

(Any chance for a sprite?)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

*Is in a different room doing dangerous things, but apparently more accessible for exposition purposes than anyone else currently*

"Eh? Someone said something about needing gems for its hands, but I wouldn't know anything about that. Well, I'm going to step through this orb thingy. Good luck with the evil statue!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile

"Good luck with the... evil orbs"

he turns to the gargoyle investigators.

"Here are the Gems you needed."

move to the portal room thingy

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Dem spheres
« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »

Hmm... I cast Wild Magic on the Scarlet Sphere.

Well the scarlet sphere isn't illusionary, but I'd never pass up a chance to roll for wild magic...

[WILD MAGIC: 900] You feel a blush start to rise up in your face, due to your horrible spellcasting efforts. In fact, you'll experience embarrassment whenever you cast any spell what-so-ever. Enjoy!

I step through the bronze sphere and open the door with my weapon readied.

Well, the bronze sphere isn't big enough to step through, but you open the door anyways.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Poke the end of my pole through each of the spheres and see what happens to it. Do so gently and be ready to let go of my pole at a moment's notice.

Kadzar already did that with his torch, remember? And none of the spheres did anything bad to it.

GNHS checks the bright blue sphere- if it's safe, then he steps through after inspecting it.

The bright blue sphere seems entirely safe, so you step through while inspecting it. Well, you climb into it. Behind the bright blue sphere is another crawlway, but you lack any form of lighting to illuminate said crawlway, and obviously the bright blue sphere prevents any light from the hallway of spheres from coming in. Oops.

Get out a pot and make tea while I invite the other meatshields adventurers over for some tea. After the tea and nibbles break I follow GNHS.

Lacking a pot, you borrow Kadzar's saucepan instead.

[4] Unfortunately you've never served tea from a saucepan before, and end up spilling most of the hot liquid on your crotch. What, did you think that you could make tea without a skill roll?

The rest of teatime goes quite well, even if the closest thing to biscuits the party has is hardtack. The cucumber sandwiches were very delicious. Anyways with tea-time over and everything cleaned up nice and neat, you go an join the GNHS in the dark crawlway behind the bright blue sphere.

Anyway, supposing that Black is the Nightiest color... and it was an illusionary orb. Don't like the fact that it's sitting at the feet of a hydra, which is probably the scariest thing on the wall... unless you count the fact that the Scarlet Orb is covering up the Mindflayer's crotch. Staying far away from that.

I'll spike my tea with a healthy dose of brandy and finish it off, and tell Rupert the Raven to stay with GNHS outside the orb until I give a signal. With that, I put on the darkness goggles, draw a handaxe and shield, and duck (if needed?) into the Black Orb at the hydra's feet. Wish me luck, and look after Rupert if something goes awry.

Having finished your brandy-spiked tea (which earns a few snooty stares from Urist) you hand over Rupert to the GNHS in the dark crawlway before running over to the black orb.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I agree about inspecting the red orb till Solifuge comes back or his screams are heard but I will cast dispel magic on the  black orb before the brave bastard goes through

[5 + 5] The power of the black sphere is way too powerful for you to dispel. However Midna has already gone through the sphere, so it's a moot point anyways.

move to the portal room thingy

After going down the fresco corridor, inputting the correct code into the magical arch, exiting the room with the gargoyle statue, and finally talking with the half-dead Hans, you head back through the golden sphere into the statue room. Nobody is investigating the gargoyle at the moment, so you take the mantle of official gargoyle researcher. Your entire life has been leading up to this moment. You'd like to take a moment to thank your mother for her constant support, and your father for exposing you to the great cathedral gargoyles at a young age...

Alright, I'll stop now.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Dem spheres
« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2012, 05:51:57 pm »

I try to feel what's behind the white sphere. Because Slaad = chaos.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2012, 05:54:05 pm »

I try to feel what's behind the white sphere. Because Slaad = chaos.

Why, it seems that behind the white sphere is a wall! Probably because the white sphere is painted onto said wall, and therefore is not illusionary.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 29, 2012, 05:56:23 pm »

...Fine, I try to feel what's behind the buff sphere.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 29, 2012, 06:02:31 pm »

...Fine, I try to feel what's behind the buff sphere.

The buff sphere is also paint, but you feel manlier for touching it.

How about a refresher of the illusionary spheres?

Spoiler: Illusionary Spheres (click to show/hide)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 29, 2012, 06:05:40 pm »

Fine then. Bright blue it is, then.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 29, 2012, 06:09:58 pm »

Fine then. Bright blue it is, then.

You join the GNHS and Urist in the crawlway behind the bright blue sphere. Not only is it getting crowded in here, but nobody has brought a light.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 134