Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371021 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Dem spheres
« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2012, 06:43:41 pm »

Fine then. Bright blue it is, then.

You join the GNHS and Urist in the crawlway behind the bright blue sphere. Not only is it getting crowded in here, but nobody has brought a light.
I will follow behind them with my torch.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2012, 07:01:04 pm »

Kadzar III will bring us luck! I'll go first, him second in line. I think the family deserves to avoid another loss for a bit.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2012, 07:03:43 pm »

And I'll stay in the back. Because squishy wizard is squishy.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2012, 07:09:24 pm »

I'll shout "Hello?" as loudly as I can, to see if anyone can here me while I'm inside this orb tunnel. This tunnel maze might just be a trick on my mind... or I could actually be lost way down in somewhere. In either case, I probably should've left a spool of rope or something as I went in here.

For now, I'll try to press on, and take a gander around the abrupt end of the tunnel to see if I can keep going, or can find anything else of interest down here. If there's a door or fake wall or something I'll venture on, and if I don't find anything I'll turn back. In either case, I'll try to score a handaxe mark into the right-hand wall of the tunnel every 30 paces or so, to mark where I've been.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2012, 08:58:13 pm »

Cautiously feel around what's behind the red sphere for traps and the like, slowly moving forwards to see what's behind it as I clear it of traps.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2012, 09:04:18 pm »

Scurry away from the bronze sphere, find a corner, and petulantly shout, "Medic!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:43 pm »

go back and heal Hans while telling him this is why you souldn't go alone
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

TaiwaneseRedneck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ufck that isht!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2012, 09:13:31 pm »

oh ufck yes I am totally getting in on this

GENERIC CHARACTER CREATION TIME, TONIGHT!

Naj
Male
Mage
Armor: Red Mage Plate
Melee: Spiked Mace
Ranged: Needle Crossbow + 40 Needles
Items: Liquid Pitchblende, Rope
Spells: Long Light (No one thought of this?), Lightning, Cause Wounds,  Detect Invisibility, Remove Invisibility

If any of this is too overpowered, let me know.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2012, 09:17:05 pm »

DAMMIT START MAKING CORPSES ALREADY!
Also I hope the GM rolls the Singalong for wild magic sometime.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:24:41 pm by Geen »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 29, 2012, 09:19:34 pm »

Thank Urist profusely.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 29, 2012, 09:34:42 pm »

nearly dying is a big part of the job and FUN!!!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 30, 2012, 02:24:34 pm »

Fine then. Bright blue it is, then.

You join the GNHS and Urist in the crawlway behind the bright blue sphere. Not only is it getting crowded in here, but nobody has brought a light.
I will follow behind them with my torch.

Everybody in the crawlway awkwardly shuffles around as Urist goes to heal Hans and Kadzar joins the group.

Kadzar III will bring us luck! I'll go first, him second in line. I think the family deserves to avoid another loss for a bit.

And I'll stay in the back. Because squishy wizard is squishy.

Having finalized the marching order, the party crawls further down the tunnel. Reaching the end, the GNHS stick his head into the room.

Dust covers the remains of a wizard’s storeroom like snow. Fallen shelves, smashed crockery, glass shards from dozens of smashed potion vials, and corroded
alchemical tools litter the floor. However, in the northwest corner of the room, something gray and shriveled sloshes within a grimy glass canister.

The room is twenty feet by twenty, and smells like somebody had a party in a chemical factory. Kadzar's torch also appears to be burning with a blue tinge.

I'll shout "Hello?" as loudly as I can, to see if anyone can here me while I'm inside this orb tunnel. This tunnel maze might just be a trick on my mind... or I could actually be lost way down in somewhere. In either case, I probably should've left a spool of rope or something as I went in here.

For now, I'll try to press on, and take a gander around the abrupt end of the tunnel to see if I can keep going, or can find anything else of interest down here. If there's a door or fake wall or something I'll venture on, and if I don't find anything I'll turn back. In either case, I'll try to score a handaxe mark into the right-hand wall of the tunnel every 30 paces or so, to mark where I've been.

Your cries reverberate throughout the tunnel, but nobody in the hallway of spheres hears you. Unless you can get lost on a single pathway the tunnel isn't much of a maze, but you mark the passageway anyways, in case Acererak is up to his old tricks again.

[15] Wait a second, isn't there a secret door here? Why yes, there is! Excited, you quickly open it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cautiously feel around what's behind the red sphere for traps and the like, slowly moving forwards to see what's behind it as I clear it of traps.

[19 + 5] Detecting no traps behind the red sphere, you crawl into it. Cursing at your lack of foresight and illumination, you blindly stumble forward until impacting against a stone wall about forty feet in. Flailing around with you ten-foot pole, you determine that this must be the end of the line.

Scurry away from the bronze sphere, find a corner, and petulantly shout, "Medic!"

go back and heal Hans while telling him this is why you souldn't go alone

Urist, hearing your calls, rushes forward and casts a healing spell.

[15] You feel much refreshed, and even that odd twang in your leg seems to be gone.

Thank Urist profusely.

You thank Urist profusely, and even suffer wordless through his monologue about not going off alone.

oh ufck yes I am totally getting in on this

GENERIC CHARACTER CREATION TIME, TONIGHT!

Naj
Male
Mage
Armor: Red Mage Plate
Melee: Spiked Mace
Ranged: Needle Crossbow + 40 Needles
Items: Liquid Pitchblende, Rope
Spells: Long Light (No one thought of this?), Lightning, Cause Wounds,  Detect Invisibility, Remove Invisibility

If any of this is too overpowered, let me know.

Naj... Yeah, I got nothing. Naj just kinda wanders over to the fresco'd entrance to the tomb of horrors, just like that. He probably wants to nick the furniture or something.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

DAMMIT START MAKING CORPSES ALREADY!
Also I hope the GM rolls the Singalong for wild magic sometime.

The Hallway of spheres is more of a... hallway than a trapped-riddled corridor. It does, however, lead to traps...

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2012, 02:27:09 pm »

I cautiously inspect the canister, wand at the ready in case whatever is in it is hostile.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2012, 02:49:10 pm »

I put on the Goggles of Night, and see if I can penetrate the magical darkness effect with them.

TaiwaneseRedneck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ufck that isht!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 30, 2012, 03:16:22 pm »

Join Solifuge in the chapel and put some LONG LIGHT on that isht
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 134