Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371090 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Actually, if I remember that correctly, I have a 1 in 10000 chance of making the nearest star going supernova with Wild Magic. And geez, man, relax. Some of us are trying to have fun.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Well, I just don't like having someone near us using wild magic is all. It's too unpredictable to use properly, if at all.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

That's kind of the point. I like the unpredictability. And don't worry, I'll lay off the Wild Magic after this turn. For a while, at least.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: On Wild Magic (click to show/hide)

Anyway, got to catch up for a bit... uno momento, por favor.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

Get out a pot and make tea while I invite the other meatshields adventurers over for some tea. After the tea and nibbles break I follow GNHS.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

GNHS seems to be one of the more meatshieldy of the rogues. Probably due to his generic nature.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Indeed. I don't feel very meatshieldy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I survived 2 could've-been crushings, some poison, and a drop into a spiked pit. Suppose I'll invite myself to Meatshield Tea.

While we're relaxing, I'll take a moment to review what we know about this place:
- The walls of this place seem to regularly glow with Conjuration magic, no matter what room we're in.
- The Green demon mouth in the entry hall appears to eat things and glows like Necromancy.
- The walls were decorated with a wizard's library and lab, a scary monster-behind-a-barred-door fresco, and a bunch of animal-human hybrids.
- There's now a second Misty Arch with 3 differently colored gems.
- The illusionary circles in here seem to have things behind them.
- Acerak left a cryptic note for adventurers.

I'm thinking that the first bit of the note relates to the colored orbs in this room. Thoughts?
ACERERAK CONGRATULATES YOU ON YOUR
POWERS OF OBSERVATION. SO MAKE OF THIS
WHATEVER YOU WISH, FOR YOU WILL BE MINE IN
THE END NO MATTER WHAT!
Go back to the tormentor or through the arch,
and the second great hall you’ll discover.
Shun green if you can, but night’s good color
is for those of great valor.
If shades of red stand for blood the wise
will not need sacrifice aught but a loop of
magical metal—you’re well along your march.

Two pits along the way will be found to lead
to a fortuitous fall, so check the wall.
These keys and those are most important of all,
and beware of trembling hands and what will maul.
If you find the false you find the true
and into the columned hall you’ll come,
and there the throne that’s key and keyed.
The iron men of visage grim do more than
meets the viewer’s eye.
You’ve left and left and found my Tomb
and now your soul will die.

To keep things simple, here's two lists. The first one shows you which spheres were illusionary but had no harm to the torch. The second one shows which ones were illusionary and harmed the torch. Sound good?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:27:24 am by Solifuge »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

*gasp* Logic! Yeah, I think they mean that a warrior should go through the nightiest-looking orb.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Since GNHS and the others seem to know what they're doing, I'll join them and help with the meatshielding.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll join them and help with the meatshielding.

Kadzar, promise me your next character will literally have a large steak strapped to their arm.

Anyway, supposing that Black is the Nightiest color... and it was an illusionary orb. Don't like the fact that it's sitting at the feet of a hydra, which is probably the scariest thing on the wall... unless you count the fact that the Scarlet Orb is covering up the Mindflayer's crotch. Staying far away from that.

I'll spike my tea with a healthy dose of brandy and finish it off, and tell Rupert the Raven to stay with GNHS outside the orb until I give a signal. With that, I put on the darkness goggles, draw a handaxe and shield, and duck (if needed?) into the Black Orb at the hydra's feet. Wish me luck, and look after Rupert if something goes awry.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I'll join them and help with the meatshielding.

Kadzar, promise me your next character will literally have a large steak strapped to their arm.
That is the best idea, and I indeed do promise it will happen.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((Godspeed, you brave bastard you. Let us know what you find.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

((Godspeed, you brave bastard you. Let us know what you find.))

((Or at least scream REALLY LOUD.))
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile

Does that poem also refer to the red sphere in here? Maybe me and my fellow mages can investigate that one more closely...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 134