Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371089 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: So many balls...
« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2012, 11:40:22 pm »

GNHS inspects the back wall for any means of passage.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 28, 2012, 01:17:52 am »

Time for a crossover, with an expendable clone of my favourite Ralkarian Assassin!

Name: Karas Sirenna
Class: Assassin (Rogue)

Items: Convenient Gems, Rope.
Weapons and armor: Rapier of unknown make, Dagger, 1-hand Crossbow (30 Bolts) Black Cloak and hood, Leather and light metal armour

Hopefully this is legit. Is it?

I would take more items, but otherwise it should be fine.

Anyways the next update is going to be delayed as I rethink Kadzar's failed willpower save.

Like what? I can't think of anything else.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 28, 2012, 01:20:35 am »

Rope
10 ft pole
Torches
Rope
Small cage with a bunch of rats in it
Rope
Flint, steel and tinder
Firewood
Lantern and oil
Oil
Spears
Daggers/knives
Seriously though, get some rope. :P You'd be surprised how often it comes in handy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 28, 2012, 01:28:13 am »

I did get Rope. And can't I only carry 4 items, as I am a rogue?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 28, 2012, 02:27:36 am »

((Perhaps some lock picks or trap disarming tools? A light source would be REALLY handy too.))

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 28, 2012, 02:44:54 am »

((PTW))
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 28, 2012, 02:52:09 am »

Items: Convenient Gems, Rope, Trap disarming Kit, Torches
Weapons and armor: Rapier of unknown make, Dagger, 1-hand Crossbow (30 Bolts) Black Cloak and hood, Leather and light metal armour

Updated! Hopefully this will do. Does it?

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 28, 2012, 03:22:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ok, map is updated. Distances are approximate :P

I'm gonna walk down the corridor, checking carefully for anything magical in nature that may be a threat, as well as any potential traps. I wanna try to illuminate the corridor a little further on.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: More archways than you can shake a +1 club at!
« Reply #293 on: August 28, 2012, 06:05:28 pm »

I'll continue checking the other spheres, unless I can't reach them or something, in which case I'll climb into the orange sphere.

You proceed to check the other spheres, including the new ones that you can see that I forgot to tell you about.

To keep things simple, here's two lists. The first one shows you which spheres were illusionary but had no harm to the torch. The second one shows which ones were illusionary and harmed the torch. Sound good?

Err, change mind halfway there as Kadzar says that, and instead be content to observe Kadzar's experiment.

You observe Kadzar's experiment. Gah, this is boring. Let's stick things where they don't belong, shall we?

Avoid the bright blue sphere, instead go place a hand through the bronze sphere.

You shove your hand through the bronze sphere. Luckily the DM has already made his inappropriate comment of the day, so you're safe. Anyways behind the bronze sphere is what appears to be a door, unless Acererak is just shoving random handles onto walls for fun. I wouldn't put it past him.

Search along the length of the hallway carefully, tapping everywhere with the pole as I go along. Make sure to ask the mages where the magic parts are first and avoid those places.

[18 + 5] You search the entire hallway very carefully, but find nothing. At the southern end of the corridor you find...

A mist-filled stone archway lies at the end of the wide hall of colored spheres. Three large stones are embedded in the arch. Each has a different hue—olive on the lower left, russet at the top of the arch, and citron on the lower right.

That's right, it's another misty archway! Oh, and for some reason the number of spheres isn't large enough to go to cover the entire hallway, so the last thirty feet is covered with... cloaked cultists apparently worshipping the archway. Yeah, that sounds good. The cultists contain representatives from all the races, including some of those animal-human hybrids from the fresco corridor. All the cultists on the western side are male, while those on the eastern side are their female partners, though it's hard to tell with some of the animal-people.

Anywhozits, I cast Wild Magic upon myself, just because. Either I'll go out with a bang, or do something awesome. Or just stupid. Either way.

[WILD MAGIC: ???] Ah, another result to keep to myself... Err, you feel a slight tingling in your extremities, like somebody was stabbing you with tiny needles. It's not a very pleasant feeling. In fact, it's kinda annoying.

See if I can discern anything about the nature of the sphere's magic.

It's illusionary magic, so obviously the spheres must be some kind of illusion.

GNHS inspects the back wall for any means of passage.

[9 + 5] You find no secret passages.

I'm gonna walk down the corridor, checking carefully for anything magical in nature that may be a threat, as well as any potential traps. I wanna try to illuminate the corridor a little further on.

Well you lack detect magic and McDermeth has already searched the entire corridor for traps and illuminated the rest of the hallway so... You twiddle your thumbs I guess. Ho hum.

Items: Convenient Gems, Rope, Trap disarming Kit, Torches

The amazing assassin Karas Sirenna, attracted by the giant smoke cloud spewed up by Nambul, investigates the entrance to the tomb of horrors.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Ok, map is updated. Distances are approximate :P

Ah, I must not have been specific enough. Let me (try to) fix the map.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Hmm... I cast Wild Magic on the Scarlet Sphere.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

I step through the bronze sphere and open the door with my weapon readied.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

If you do not stop that, I will throw you into the first trap I find.

Poke the end of my pole through each of the spheres and see what happens to it. Do so gently and be ready to let go of my pole at a moment's notice.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Poke the end of my pole through each of the spheres and see what happens to it. Do so gently and be ready to let go of my pole at a moment's notice.

What? I'm just staying in character.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

GNHS checks the bright blue sphere- if it's safe, then he steps through after inspecting it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

What? I'm just staying in character.
I don't care, your actions will be the end of us/create a massive hinderance for us to get past. For all you know, you could create molten lava out of nowhere!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 134