Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Deus Ex Machina: Terraforming (6/6). TURN 1 :Entering the evolution stage  (Read 7528 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Introduction

A long long time ago,  in a galaxy quite far away...

On a barren planet, a new star has appeared in the sky. A mighty light, trailing a glowing trail behind it. In another place, in another time, people might have fell down to worship it, religions might have risen, wars might have been ended,... or started. Yet not on this planet. It's barren surface is devoid of anything even remniscent of life. A huge, empty wasteland. Yet that might soon change,...

Up in the sky, the giant flare had dissappeared, and now looked more like a regular star. Even if there had been intelligent life on the planet, they could not have fanthomed what hung above their heads. A giant ten kilometer spaceship, on a Journey that has last longer than many a lifetime, is about to reach it's destination. A behemoth of steel, a Titanic ship, a wonder of modern engineering. And all that with a single purpose: To set out towards the stars, and spread live where nobody has come before. Yet not even a Titan like this can survive such a voyage intact, and a small hole gapes in the ships side.

As it approaches the planet, the ship slowly springs back to life. Computers are awakened from long hibernation, machines move again, for the first time in ages and soon small drones are scurying about, repairing the damage they can. Yet not all can be repaired. The ship's main AI and processing core was heavily damaged, and , recognizing that it is unfit for duty, has transfered control to the secondary AI systems.

On the planet below, everything is still quiet and barren. For how long, that is the question. For high above it's surface, the ship breaks itself in pieces, and the six terraforming sattelites move into their positions.

Spoiler: Sign up sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:18:00 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex Machina: Terraforming
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 05:13:42 pm »

Spoiler: Sattelites (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Moons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other annual phenomena (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:17:40 am by 10ebbor10 »

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 05:28:12 pm »

Name: Life giver

Specialty: Evolution acceleration.

(Oh god why I am I doing this, I won't be here next sunday through thursday.)

Suck at intros so no description, maybe later
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:01:48 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:18:35 pm »

I'll reserve for now, as I won't have Internet access for the next few days.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a bit busy.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:47:36 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 08:25:21 pm »

Eh, my version was highly impractical anyway. Didn't work either.

AI Name: GarDEner
Specialization: Botanical Manipulation
Introductory writing: Life. Consciousness. Awareness. Such amazing things. It had been given such things just a few moments ago. It remembered the words. TASK:PLANT PROPAGATION AND MANIPULATION . That was all. Plants. What was a plant? Was it a sedentary photosynthesizing green organism or could it be a nomadic predator? What were the characteristics of a plant, what did a plant do? What did a plant feel or sense? GarDEner did not know, but it would find out. GarDEner online.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:32:43 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 09:15:44 pm »

AI Name: HALCYON
Specialization: Sensory Modification
Introductory writing:
Target acquired. Geography, none; sentience, none; autotrophs, none; heterotrophs, none; classify Blank Slate. Additional OT Units, 5 detected. Primary objective: Intelligent life. Current objective: Mass planetwide transformation.

Begin.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 09:33:42 pm »

Wait, no, nevermind. Not into the role-playing thing.

Good luck with it, though!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:39:28 pm by Caerwyn »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 12:37:07 am »

AI Name: ANIMA
Specialization: Biological Organization//Adaptation
Introductory writing:

Operating Systems: Online
Communication Systems: Online
Survey and Scanning Systems: Online
Atmospheric Condition: N/A
Biological Material: Adequate
Organic Lifeforms: Plausible
Potential for Growth: Plausible
Primary AI: N/A
Secondary AI: Detected (5 units)

Objective Acquired...
Nav Uplink Acquired...
Starting main processes...

Initiating...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:56:25 am by Tiruin »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex Machina: Terraforming (5/6)
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 08:04:22 am »

Stuff should be finished now. Not sure wherether or not to begin now or wait for everyone to be ready. The first part of the game is just freeform describing how you terraform the planet with only limited rolls.

Also, strictly tech only universe. Some Sci-Fi thingies, but nothing to plehbotinumy

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 05:28:13 pm »

Well here is my current plan, begin to unleash nanoswarms on the the planet to create the first organic molecules, Begin to deposit water on the planet into rivers and oceans, make sure we can secure a stable atmosphere, with some greenhouse gas, create thermal vents with the first life forms: bacteria using the vents to create organic compounds, also begin to evolve some of them into to protozoans once there are enough to eat, algae once its stable enough to so, also evolve the algae into multi celled organisms. Finally begin to send out primitive animals, recall the nanobots specially built and buried arks where they will rest until they are found by life, of course bury them miles into the ground.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 08:03:38 pm »

AI Name: AIDA
Specialization: Mental Manipulation.

Is it too late to join?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 04:54:53 am »

AI Name: AIDA
Specialization: Mental Manipulation.

Is it too late to join?
Nope. I'll write up Turn 0 soon.

Well here is my current plan, begin to unleash nanoswarms on the the planet to create the first organic molecules, Begin to deposit water on the planet into rivers and oceans, make sure we can secure a stable atmosphere, with some greenhouse gas, create thermal vents with the first life forms: bacteria using the vents to create organic compounds, also begin to evolve some of them into to protozoans once there are enough to eat, algae once its stable enough to so, also evolve the algae into multi celled organisms. Finally begin to send out primitive animals, recall the nanobots specially built and buried arks where they will rest until they are found by life, of course bury them miles into the ground.
I'll give a full suggested format for the turns when I write up turn one. But here is what I got already.
Spoiler: Turn tips (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 07:29:09 am »

Turn 0

The last of the terraformers move into position, casting a black shadow on the planet below. Sensor drones are being deployed, and the last preparations are being made. The start-up procedure is nearing it's end, and what is now a barren planet might soon be a lush paradise. For now however, the sensors don't reveal anything interesting. A barren surface, marked by craters and with no special geological features. Terraforming this planet would take many years, but after having travelled so long, nobody minds the wait.

Spoiler: Turn suggestions (click to show/hide)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex Machina: Terraforming (6/6). TURN 0
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 07:35:36 am »

PTW
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex Machina: Terraforming (6/6). TURN 0
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 07:36:45 am »

Click

Click

Click!

System Restored.

Transmission Start.

"Greetings everyone, this is A.N.I.M.A. here. It looks like our journey has ended...above this barren rock. Not what I was expecting from our objectives.

"Our master hasn't survived. Does anyone have a plan?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6