Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Bandit - On hold  (Read 17761 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 04:39:17 pm »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Zero point One
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 01:03:50 am »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

RED and ORANGE take defensive stances as MAROON takes the first swing of the bout!  He targets the nearest competitor, who happens to be Red!  [3]vs[4+1] Red's defensive stance allows him to easily block the weak blow and maintain his stance.
YELLOW backs off and tries to avoid confrontation by skirting the edge of the arena.  Meanwhile, MAGENTA swings a haymaker at Maroon, [4]vs[2] connecting with his nose and knocking him to the ground!  As Maroon lies on the ground BLUE runs up with one of the pointed sticks and [5+1]vs[6-1] cuts a long cut on his cheek!  It bleeds heavily.
BROWN lunges at Orange, [3]vs[4+1] but Orange knocks him away.  NAVY bends down and picks up some sand and throws it at Brown, [3]vs[1] blinding him, before taking a standing leap at him and [1]vs[3-1] falling on his face.  LIME GREEN hangs back, meanwhile, before going after Maroon with [2]vs[1] a glancing kick to the nuts.  Maroon finally dies.
CYAN, PINK and GREEN stand around drooling.

Three people didn't submit their actions in over a day, so they're getting auto'd.  You know who you are.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:07:32 am by Remalle »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 01:54:13 am »

The Prince applauds the first death somewhat sarcastically. He takes a long draught of wine watching the man with the maroon rag die on the floor of the arena, with little emotion..

"...Well, seems they ganged up on the Maroon fellow who took the initiative. Poor form, but smart strategy, I guess. My man Blue is still in the game, anyway. Did you see that hit he made? He's good, I know.

What are those other ones doing...standing around, waiting for the numbers to even out? That's not a good show for the audience! We could order the archers to motivate them a bit, maybe?

Yellow is certainly being true to his color! Look how he sneaks around the arena, trying not to fight. He'll have to be braver than that if he wants to win-none of them are getting out of here, if they don't win the crowd...well, I'm sure they know that. Right?

Honestly Darling, don't cry for them, the battles just begun. I hate to see a pretty girl like you so bereaved.

...see, they're just peasants-and bandits, at that. They have done crimes, and must pay. Would they really prefer to rot in some prison, or die helpless and bound at the end of a noose, to the laughter of an uncaring crowd? No, my Father has granted them a rare mercy. He has given them Hope of freedom-and, even a false hope, is better than none at all. See how the crowd cheers for their favorites? For this moment, they are not bandits...they are heroes-to the mob, if no one else.

That's a good girl, dry those tears.

Navy has something going for him-he's certainly got experience fighting dirty. Ha ha? Get it? I know! Because he threw dirt-and then he fell in the dirt. That's the joke.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 03:11:40 am »

Gosh, I wouldn't like to die of a glancing blow to the nads. Awesome.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 04:35:36 am »

Wow, Maroon...

Maroon did not die well. He died pretty much the opposite of well. In the dirt, ganged up on, and stomped in the nuts.

R.I.P. MAROON
Turn 1-Turn 1
"He sure was maroon."

An ignoble death for a... well, I dunno. He died before he could acquire any distinguishing traits or a name. We will probably completely forget about him.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 04:39:16 am by ReDeadEr »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 04:40:43 am »

Wow, Maroon...

Maroon did not die well. He died pretty much the opposite of well. In the dirt, ganged up on, and stomped in the nuts.

R.I.P. MAROON
Turn 1-Turn 1
"He sure was maroon."

An ignoble death for a... well, I dunno. He died before he could acquire any distinguishing traits or a name. We will probably completely forget about him.
Who are you talking about again?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Zero point Two
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2012, 11:36:01 am »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

BROWN lunges at Navy, [6]vs[2] and grabs him, lifts him high in the air, and throws him at Yellow!  [6]vs[6] Yellow dodges and Navy hits the far wall, exploding in a shower of gibs!  LIME GREEN uses the cover of the rain of gore to grab the second sharpened stick, and attacks Brown!  [3+1]vs[6] Brown grabs the stick out of Lime Green's hand and throws it away.  YELLOW picks it up and takes a defensive stance.
Meanwhile, RED pulls out the longbow he smuggled into the arena (don't ask where) and shoots an arrow at Brown!  [1]vs[5] Brown catches the arrow and throws it back, sticking Red between the eyes!  BLUE runs up while Brown is distracted and [6+1]vs[4] sticks him in the pancreas.  Brown is bleeding heavily.  Blue turns to the largest chunk of Navy he can find and says "Come, my fellow blue brother!  Let us team up and stick Brown in the organs repeatedly and with extreme prejudice!"  MAGENTA strikes up a defensive stance as he says this.
GREEN snaps out of his stupor and glares at Lime Green.  He looks around for a pointy stick but since they're being used he runs up to Lime Green with naught but his fists, [5]vs[1] punching him until there's nothing left but a smear.  CYAN snaps to attention as well, lunging for Green and [1]vs[4] being punched to the ground, hard, for his trouble.
As PINK continues to look blank, ORANGE abruptly stops fighting and stands still with a vacant expression on his face.  As the crowd boos at Pink, who hasn't moved for the entire battle, the men stationed around the arena floor level their crossbows at him, and fire until he looks like a human porcupine.

Sorry for the delay.  Two people didn't submit their actions this time around, even with the extra time they got, and since one of them didn't submit an action the first time around, DEAD.  Also, there was a pleasing amount of gore this turn, and everybody had it out for Brown.
Edit: Just two or so more deaths to go!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:42:08 am by Remalle »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2012, 01:11:46 pm »

So, which characters are dead?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2012, 01:23:15 pm »

Maroon, Navy, Red, Lime Green, and Pink.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2012, 01:47:23 pm »

The Prince seems to be counting the Crowns he's going to win already. He frowns, as the royal cleaning brigade scrubs the mesh from the viewing area of Navy chunks.

Brown certainly has a good deal of strength, doesn't he? Perhaps that man has Ogre Blood! He reduced Navy to dogfood- but, I doubt there will be even enough of him to feed the hounds after this is over, mores the pity

Red has a bow...and he died. Sad. Lucky we're behind this arrow-proof mesh. I wouldn't blame him taking a shot at me. I was scared there for a moment. More wine, anyone?

No, no. My dear, I would parry the arrow in twain from the air if one of those blaggards tried to shoot you. I am that good. I love you too...but don't be so clingy, I'm trying to watch the fun...

Guards? Please, kill the fellow in Pink where he stands. He's not playing the game, and I am not amused.

Thank you. He was such a bore. I hate being bored...no my dear, with you, I'm never bored.

Green is amazing! Look at him go, with the punching.

He's like a Barbarian, or something. I half expect him to use the mans leg as a club.

I mean, that would be interesting to see. Them using each others body parts as bludgeons.

But, um, very sad the whole affair, loss of life unavoidable and tragic.

Gods forgive them for entertaining us so much. Truly a sin. *laugh*

More wine, servant girl. I've barely gotten a buzz so far, and most of them are already dead. We have more another set of criminals right? I heard they were going to feed some of the smaller ones to a Manticore.

If Blue actually wins, maybe I can convince my father to let him go free, maybe I can have him as a slave...sure I'd find a use for him. We'll see.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2012, 01:53:39 pm »

Hehehe, this is awkward.  Thanks to human computer error, I've lost my record of who Orange is.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2012, 02:41:43 pm »

R.I.P Navy, Red, Lime Green, and Pink
Turn 1-Turn 2
"At least they died better deaths than Maroon."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2012, 04:11:12 pm »

"Curses!

"Bloody curse and bloody curses!

"You people idle while we die?! KILL THE IDLERS!

"I'll not rest unt-AARGH!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2012, 08:18:47 pm »

Wow, Maroon...

R.I.P. MAROON
Turn 1-Turn 1
"He sure was maroon."

Maroon the forgettable.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »

Y'know, I've been thinking. Generally, in fiction, it's the evil empire/monarchy/dictatorship/what have you that has people fight to the death for their amusement and lets convicted criminals go free.

We might be able to pull off being the good guys just by being less evil. Or we could go down the good ol' Looting, Pillaging, Terrorizing Helpless Peasants route.

I'm fine with either.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15