Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Bandit - On hold  (Read 17755 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2012, 10:25:04 pm »

I really want to know who maroon was now.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Bandit - Turn Zero point Three
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012, 01:28:32 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

ORANGE seems to snap out of his trance, shaking his head and taking a defensive stance.  GREEN, meanwhile, is turning to Cyan with rage in his eyes.  "How dare you attack me while I'm fighting!"  [3]vs[3-1] He brings his foot down hard and the floored Cyan is unable to quite roll away in time!  The last thing to go through Cyan's mind as he dies is Green's foot.  A few meters away BROWN is roaring in pain and anger and attempting to rip Blue's heart out!  [1]vs[1] Blue slaps Brown's hand away and it rapidly devolves into a slap fight.
MAGENTA is staying out of the way, trying to defend himself by scaring everyone else away!  With a growl he digs out Pink's heart and takes a bite.  BLUE tries to rush Cyan, decides against it when he sees Cyan die, tries to rush Magenta, decides against that too, and finally decides to try to impale Brown.  [2+1]vs[2] Though Brown makes a good attempt at a dodge Blue swings his stick too fast for him and catches Brown in the side of the head, knocking him down, never to stand again.
YELLOW lets out one final roar, bends down and picks up the largest clump of sand that could conceivably be called a pebble, and throws it high in the air!  Blue looks up [2]vs[6] just in time to catch it and throw it back at Yellow, [4]vs[5] who reduces it back to sand with an irritated swat.
Far above the fighters a regal-sounding voice bellows "STOP!  I grow weary of this game.  Guards!  Let the survivors go.  They've earned their freedom by entertaining me, for however short a time."
On the floor five battered, panting convicts are separated and led out of the arena, out of the city, and each one is tossed out of one of the gates.

Ok!  The anonymous deathmatch has ended.  That was extremely fun to write, and I hope it was as fun to play!  Now Scelly9, borno, ReDeadEr, lawastooshort and Caerwyn get to wait around while I write up Turn One.  Hopefully it'll be up by today or tomorrow, once I've finalized some mechanics.
For those interested, the colours and their owners were
Spoiler: The Victors (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Dead (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 01:43:04 pm »

That was awesome :)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 01:46:07 pm »

The Prince seems annoyed his Father ended the game early, and actually let them go.

Well, my Father obviously has no stomach for games. Oh well, I still won, pay up son. Lunch is on me.

See? I'm an excellent sport.

Where did that Blue Fellow go? I wanted to give him a job...cleaning the Manticore stables, anyway. He'd not complain about it.

What was that, my Dear? Oh, I'm sure we'll never see them again. The Wolves will probably eat them, or they'll be preyed upon by other bandits, or just starve.

No, no. We're perfectly safe. Our Kingdoms brave soldiery will always protect us.

I wanted to watch the next game, but I suppose we could break for lunch before it starts. Fish and chips, I warrant. I don't feel like a fancy meal, no. More wine, yes. I could use a little wine.

More wine, here!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 01:54:47 pm »

Wow...
I died quite late, surprisingly.

Also, question: will those who died come back later, as in, now that we're dead, we're just on the waitlist?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2012, 02:01:35 pm »

Also, question: will those who died come back later, as in, now that we're dead, we're just on the waitlist?
Yep.  Those who died later are higher on the waitlist (except xiphoniii, who idled out and is sitting on the bottom), so you're second behind IronyOwl, who died last.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2012, 03:30:18 pm »

Huh. Xiph was Pink? That actually makes a lot of sense, seeing as he seems to have disappeared about five days ago.

R.I.P Cyan and Brown
Turn 1-Turn 3
"They were almost winners. Almost."

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2012, 05:02:47 pm »

I told you guys that I would win. Also, I really hate the color yellow. Way too hard to see.

Also, it was VERY fun to play. Woo-hoo!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:06:13 pm by Caerwyn »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2012, 07:01:35 pm »

I'm pissed. I totally survived like eight attempts on my life only to die at the very end by being pushed to the front of the Kill Queue by everyone else dying in front of me. >:(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2012, 07:22:16 pm »

I'm pissed. I totally survived like eight attempts on my life only to die at the very end by being pushed to the front of the Kill Queue by everyone else dying in front of me. >:(
Hey, mate. I got killed by someone throwing an arrow. It embedded itself right here.

Let's just hope they die easy, eh?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:28 pm »

Uh... Yeah... I uh, feel your spectral pain, guys.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2012, 10:59:09 pm »

Quiet, you old ghosts.

I am the Prince, quite alive and very much besotted.

...And I'll have none of your spectral treason from beyond the grave.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 05:25:06 pm »

Right.  Let's get this show on the road.  I've pretty much finalized everything, and what's left can be tweaked on the go, so the character sheet template is in the OP now.  Or you can get it right here!

Name:
Description:
Background:

What I'll provide is:

Health: (Obviously, if this runs out, you're dead.  Poison, hunger, and good old fashioned being hurt can deplete this, while it can be restored with time, rest, and/or various treatments.)
Status: (This will be here to answer the age-old question of "Where am I?  What am I doing here?  How hungry and/or tired am I?")
Skills: (Your first skill is provided by me, based on your performance in the arena or your character background.  More skills can be learned over time.)
Inventory: (Similarly, your first piece of equipment is provided by me.  More equipment can be acquired over time, obviously.)
Wealth: (Starts at zero.  Goes up.  Get stolen from or buy something and it goes down.)
Notoriety: (Starts at zero.  Goes up with successful raids, goes down in certain circumstances.  Affects how wanted you are and how well defended targets are likely to be.)

Hopefully that's all plain enough, if it's not, let me know, or consult this post, which is still under construction but will eventually be an encyclopedia of sorts.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2012, 05:34:59 pm »

Name: Rukukin
Description: A young, bald-headed man who's a bit on the short side, and a temper to match. His goal is...Was...To become a martial artist, but somewhere along the way a devious monkey overpowered him! He's now living as a bandit.
Background: Rukukin was born in a village where every child's head is shaved, and they are given small "Star" tattoos on their head, to signify their worth. 7 is the highest honor to receive, and 1 star is the lowest; - Rukukin has six stars.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »

Background: Rukukin was born in a village where every child's head is shaved, and they are given small "Star" tattoos on their head, to signify their worth. 7 is the highest honor to receive, and 1 star is the lowest; - Rukukin has six stars.
Look, no matter how much you try, your first skill isn't going to be "airbending".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15