Do you know how to delete a poll?

Yes, message me
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 03, 2012, 10:59:02 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Roll To Adventure!  (Read 38197 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Adventure!
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2012, 06:02:25 pm »

Fekod rolled out of bed, strapping on his gear and heading to the hospital at a brisk pace, which was rather slow.

Go see how Cero is doing, ask if he wants to head back into the cavern to kill some of that crundle's friends.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2012, 06:08:16 pm »

((Errr, are we both awake despite the time being 'near dusk'?  :P))

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2012, 07:35:38 pm »

Rest

((Sinpwn, I'd rather not have a character die... Though Roary didn't make it apparent, Cero is wounded. Sorry))
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2012, 05:40:49 pm »

((Errr, are we both awake despite the time being 'near dusk'?  :P))

Like I said, that thing is for time.

All of you are awake currently, and it is dawn.

Also, there's no rule about training some more in the Adventurer's Guild. :)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2012, 02:25:12 pm »

((Shorten!))

"Gwah!"

Alana instinctively rolled out of the bed and her vision shifted from her sister's face to the firm flooring that was oak. It distinctively snapped her from her dreams and any fantasies as she pushed herself up to glare at her for the intrusion.

"Don't wake me up like that!"
"It's the brink of dawn! Have to see my sis off on her big day!"
"Big d-...oh, mmph."

Alana kneaded her forehead with her hand while getting the early morning dizzyness away. There were many things to normally complain about -- the usual standard in teasing her sister, but they disappeared as the first rays of dawn broke through the leaves, illuminating the room in brilliant yellowish shades on aged wood.

Few minutes passed before the two descended to ground level. "Well, wouldn't want to see you off so early, but I've given all I can give."
"Well, let me return the favor. Have you ever tried fighting before -- in the real, gritty way?"
"Can't say I have. Or did you mean not with someone other than you?"
"Bet you can't beat me in archery!"
"I've learned from the militia as much as you!"
"Bring it on!"

As the two moved onto the training grounds for...archery practice, they both knew that their time was limited -- this would be one hell of a session.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2012, 02:13:07 pm »

Turn 7 –The Second Shopping Spree, The Archery Competition, and The Trip to Araneomu (Part 1)

Granite 2, 251
It is dawn.

”Gwah!!”

Instinctively rolling out of the bed, you shift your vision from your sister’s face to the firm oak flooring - which just became dark.

”OW!! Don’t wake me up like that!”
”It’s the brink of dawn! Have to see my sis off on her big day!”
“Big da– oh… mmph.”

Kneading your forehead, your vision becomes clear. The first rays of dawn broke through the leaves, illuminating the room in brilliant yellowish shades on aged wood.

A few minutes passed before you and your sister descended to ground level.

”Well, wouldn’t want to see you off so early, but I’ve given all I can give.”
”Well, let me return the favour. Have you ever tried fighting before – in the real, gritty way?”
“Can’t say I have. Or did you mean not with someone other than you?”
”Bet you can’t beat me in archery!”
“I’ve learned from the militia as much as you!”
”Bring it on!”

You both move on to the archery grounds.

You use the target grounds for half an hour.

Spoiler: Your Statistics (click to show/hide)

At Nishvukrig, “Trade Drifts”, Mountain Home
Fekod Sladeborn’s POV

Rolling out of your bed and strapping on your gear, you head to the hospital at a brisk pace – by your standards. It was rather slow.

”Hey, Cero, you want to head back to the cavern to kill some of those Crundle’s friends?”
”Uh… no… I’m wounded… don’t you know…?”
”Oh well… I guess I’ll kill time with a bit of exercise,” you sigh as you start going around the fort, checking back at Cero every few minutes.

Cero Undulai’s POV

”Hey, Cero, you want to head back to the cavern to kill some of those Crundle’s friends?”
”Uh… no… I’m wounded… don’t you know…?”
”Oh well… I guess I’ll kill time with a bit of exercise,” Fekod says as he leaves.

You rest.

[4]

At Jonicmon, “Basement Holy”, Capital
Gregory Gianovich’s POV

Stretching, you turn to Stalith.

”I’m gonna go get some last minute supplies. I’ll be back soon. Don’t leave without me.”
”Ok then, I’ll be in the Archery Range with this bow, meet me there.”

You buy two rolls of cloth, a spool of thread, two packs of medicinal herbs, and a box of matches.

You go back, finding Stalith shooting arrows at the targets.

”All right, let’s go.”
”To Ara… uh… Araneomu!”

You walk 1,386 metres of 4,800 metres.

Stalith Ngirathil’s POV

”I’m gonna go get some last minute supplies. I’ll be back soon. Don’t leave without me.”
”Ok then, I’ll be in the Archery Range with this bow, meet me there.”

You shoot arrows at the Archery Range.

Spoiler: Your Statistics (click to show/hide)

”All right, let’s go.”
”To Ara… uh… Araneomu!”

You walk 1,386 metres of 4,800 metres.

Granite 2, 251
It is past dawn.

Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chaos Armor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map of the Continent (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map of Jonicmon (click to show/hide)

Include Shorten to make me do what the shorten makes me do.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:14:48 pm by RoaryStar »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2012, 02:30:23 pm »

"Not too eventful, huh? Maybe it is for the best." Stalith remarked, stretching his arms and looking around while they walked.

His backpack ruffled with each step, positioned on his lower back to give a good space for his bow, the quiver itself hanging from a strap on his right hip while the sword was sheathed inside a scabbard by his left side.

Keep traveling, if any potable water source is found, drink from it.

((Shorten.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:14:30 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2012, 04:04:28 pm »

((Shorten

Also, :o

That is a lot of arrows. A hell LOT of arrows. Being an archer myself, I say wow at that accuracy. Range in meters? :3))

"I told you!" her sister said, "Told you I can fight!"
"You didn't beat me, though!"
"Yeah, but at least I didn't have to waste four years in training!"

Alana stopped in her tracks as the pair made their way through the grove. The statement cut through her like a sword, and while it was true that her sister had experience, the regret was there -- years perhaps wasted on formal teaching...

She then felt a hand calmly clasping her shoulder, and saw her sister mirroring her concerned expression.

"I-I didn't mean that. Sorry."

Alana could only nod slowly. They had tried to avoid the matter about the departure and their separation all throughout the session, but the intangible tension was there, and it found a way through.

The adventurer smiled, though. She looked her kin in the eye and slowly removed her hand, holding it firmly. "No, I'm sorry. I should've treated my time better. All those years taken for granted, and all my time, too."

She could still see guilt on her sister's face, and feel her own deep within hers. The solemn walk through the grounds and out into didn't help much, until they came upon a roofed court filled with sparring soldiers and civilians alike.

"Well, as I promised...the dueling grounds." Alana could hear the shift in her sister's tone. Despite herself, there needed to be joy at the hour.

She picked up a wooden dagger as her sister did the same -- one-handed combat with the other tied behind the back, a technique suitable for when an archer is pinned in melee. "Before we start, I'd like to say that it wasn't all a waste. I've grown closer to one of my most reliable allies."

"That would be...your wits? Your flexibility? Your patience?"

Alana laughed. "No, silly!

"You."

She could swear she saw her sister shed a tear as they engaged in the dance of daggers, before any blow was struck.

Duel with the cloak and dagger! Melee with the shortened blade! Knife fight!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2012, 09:37:42 pm »

((Shorten.))
"Hey, we can always find a job where we are going. Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of action soon enough."

Keep travelling and stay on the lookout for ambushes and trouble.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2012, 09:20:53 am »

"Not too eventful, huh? Maybe it is for the best." Stalith remarked, stretching his arms and looking around whle they walked.

"It's bad luck to talk like that, seaweed brain." - Annabeth Chase, to Perseus Jackson

Basicly, if you say that, I'll give you both -1 to encounter rolls, due to overconfidence. :P

That is a lot of arrows. A hell LOT of arrows. Being an archer myself, I say wow at that accuracy. Range in meters? :3))

"I told you!" her sister said, "Told you I can fight!"
"You didn't beat me, though!"

at exact average agility, you shoot one arrow every two seconds, unless you're higher than 5, in which you shoot two arrows at a time, etc. You had 30 min, and you had 120 agility, so you shoot 1.2 arrows every two seconds, and there's  the random stuff.

If you just went by stats, your sister would get more points; but you got lucky there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2012, 09:41:08 am »

((Don't spoil the secrets early. All I wanted to know was the range! XD [But thanks! :3]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2012, 10:52:39 am »

((@GM: And instead of Annabeth, Stalith has Gregory instead. Life isn't fair. :P

Also, please don't do it, Stalith already said that and Gregory answered, I shouldn't edit his words.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:59:18 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2012, 11:46:26 am »

((@GM: And instead of Annabeth, Stalith has Gregory instead. Life isn't fair. :P

Also, please don't do it, Stalith already said that and Gregory answered, I shouldn't edit his words.))

bah, fine. but you might still attract stuff with your talking. :P

((Don't spoil the secrets early. All I wanted to know was the range! XD [But thanks! :3]))

The range dosen't matter, but now, your agility is not at 120, so you can't use that. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2012, 09:28:52 pm »

The range dosen't matter, but now, your agility is not at 120, so you can't use that. :P
((So...skills deteriorate? D:))

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2012, 10:28:20 am »

((So...skills deteriorate? D:))

skills will rust every year if you have not practiced them for the year.
Att's will rust if you don't use them for a week.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12