Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Assuming a session lasting four hours (at a guess), when would be best to start in GMT? Pick any options that work for you.

Remember this thing?
- 23 (46.9%)
It used to be huge!
- 26 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 74

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Waitlist Still Open)  (Read 78042 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Recruiting!)
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2012, 08:16:11 pm »

Another note for anyone making a character: CONSTITUTION IS IMPORTANT. It gives you health. If you somehow end up with less than 10, it removes health. You need health.

I feel the fact that we had to be told we need health is not a good sign. :D
Really? I find it is a VERY good sign.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2012, 08:16:23 pm »

I would think so, but you wouldn't believe how many Con: 8 casters I've seen from my meatspace group over the years. You'd think they'd put more into it, but the rationale tends to be that if you're a glass cannon already, it couldn't hurt to make the glass thinner in exchange for a little more firepower.  ::)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2012, 08:21:03 pm »

Urgh, decisions. Being a fighter who hits things with a sword.
I want to take Endurance and eventually Diehard(mainly because that was on my old Pathfinder character's list of wanted feats before they got sphere of annhilation'd), and I figured I would take one of them first level as one of my general feats.
But I can't get that, weapon focus, armour prof and power attack. :-\ Which one should get the cut?
Also, I'm unsure quite what kinds of armour each proficiency means. I'm thinking I'll go with medium.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2012, 08:22:09 pm »

So do we PM character sheets, post them, or send them through some third party? I'm working on a Gnome Cleric, since everyone else seems to want to hit things with things.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2012, 08:24:17 pm »

Urgh, decisions. Being a fighter who hits things with a sword.
I want to take Endurance and eventually Diehard(mainly because that was on my old Pathfinder character's list of wanted feats before they got sphere of annhilation'd), and I figured I would take one of them first level as one of my general feats.
But I can't get that, weapon focus, armour prof and power attack. :-\ Which one should get the cut?
Also, I'm unsure quite what kinds of armour each proficiency means. I'm thinking I'll go with medium.

Light armor is everything from particularly tough shirts to studded leather armor.
Medium armor is scalemail, chainmail, splintmail, and maybe platemail, IIRC.
Heavy armor is half plate and full plate.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2012, 08:25:35 pm »

So, since I'm interested in this and my later Sundays are usually open, would somebody like to suggest which of these to adapt? I can adapt the following, though I like the blood magus and the rogue a lot:

Nestren Dustril (blood magus): http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=393183

Destival Dustril (spiked chain dex fighter): http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=373997

Jax Cantron (dual kukri rogue): http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=394048

Menor Atrien (undead-focus cleric of pelor): http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=393898

And yes, these are all from old, dead(ish) games.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2012, 08:26:42 pm »

Okay, I've decided on being a half-elf bard. Cliche, perhaps, but for my first 3.5 game I don't want to get too crazy.

A couple of questions for the good DMs/anyone willing to help:
1): I'm having a bit of trouble with the Pathfinder generator. I'm not sure what the deal is with "Prestige Classes" section is for, or if I even need to worry about it for a level 1 character. If it's entirely optional, I will skip it (unless it offers more pwnage).
2): I'm pretty sure that I'm not allowed to have a familiar as a bard, but could I have some sort of pet? For some reason, I want an owl.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2012, 08:29:38 pm »

Wait. I am a derp. I have armor prof automatically. :P
Guess I can take those other feats, then!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2012, 08:31:38 pm »

Okay, I've decided on being a half-elf bard. Cliche, perhaps, but for my first 3.5 game I don't want to get too crazy.

1): I'm having a bit of trouble with the Pathfinder generator. I'm not sure what the deal is with "Prestige Classes" section is for, or if I even need to worry about it for a level 1 character. If it's entirely optional, I will skip it (unless it offers more pwnage).
2): I'm pretty sure that I'm not allowed to have a familiar as a bard, but could I have some sort of pet? For some reason, I want an owl.

Uh, pathguy generator? Pathfinder is a different game entirely. :P Don't worry about Prestige Classes. They're for around level ten, as Barbarossa said.
And I'm not sure on the owl thing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2012, 08:32:02 pm »

So, level one, 28 point buy, complete ____ ask for, pathguy/mythweavers preferred, right?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2012, 08:32:35 pm »

Indeed.
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2012, 08:33:39 pm »

Uh, pathguy generator? Pathfinder is a different game entirely. :P Don't worry about Prestige Classes. They're for around level ten, as Barbarossa said.
*facepalms*
Yes, Pathguy. Not sure why I said Pathfinder.

Now for skills...good Armok, there are a lot of them. Why are there five different Perform skills? D:

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2012, 08:33:39 pm »

Ok, one kukri-wielder coming right up.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2012, 08:35:21 pm »

*facepalms*
Yes, Pathguy. Not sure why I said Pathfinder.

Now for skills...good Armok, there are a lot of them. Why are there five different Perform skills? D:

Well, performing with a lute is a lot different from performing with a flute, or dancing.
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2012, 08:40:21 pm »

...So, how many skill points do I get? Pathguy says 24, d20srd says (6+INT mod) * 4, which I guess amounts to the same thing. I'd like to be able to play string instruments and sing. Do classes/races start with points in any skill?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 74