Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Assuming a session lasting four hours (at a guess), when would be best to start in GMT? Pick any options that work for you.

Remember this thing?
- 23 (46.9%)
It used to be huge!
- 26 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 74

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Waitlist Still Open)  (Read 78078 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Recruiting!)
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2012, 11:46:39 pm »

Bards do cast spells, just a bit less than other casting classes. It was auto-selected because you'd be daft not to remember to pack one! What kind of hero digs around in caves for bat shit and firefly thoraxes, anyway?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2012, 11:48:50 pm »

What's the policy on character names? Can they be kinda goofy, or must they be serious medieval names?

For reference, my bard's working name is Lon Gordi.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:03:58 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2012, 11:49:23 pm »

@Putnam - You should use the calculator for point buy. From my quick check, that's a point buy of 39, when it should have a total point cost of 28. Aside from that, it looks like you know an incorrect number of spells. At level 1, you should know all the cantrips (level 0 spells), 3 1st level spells (+1 per intelligence modifier. 17 is +3, meaning a total of 6 1st level spells.)

Your save DCs at each level are 10+the spell level+your Int modifier. Meaning that with your current stats (that need to be changed) your DC for 0-level spells is 13, and 1st level spells have a DC of 14. As a 1st level wizard, you cast 3 0-level spells per day and 1 1st level spell. With a modifier of +3, you gain an extra 1st level spell for a total of 3x 0-level spells and 2x 1st-level spells. All in all, not a bad attempt. When redoing your stats, I recommend going with a solid 16 in intelligence. It's important for wizards, and you only boost the modifier on even numbers. 18's a little high for 28 point buy, so 16 should do nicely. (While letting you keep the same spell count and DCs that I posted.)

I read this twice and now I understand

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2012, 11:53:05 pm »

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=428968

Changed some starting inventory; someone poke me if I did something wrong. I should be just under the limit for having a medium load, meaning with the Run feat I can still run around at silly speeds.

Edit: helps if I link the right sheet.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:12:46 am by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2012, 11:53:15 pm »

How's this so far?

If it all checks out then when I get my snake familiar I'll have a +12 on my bluff checks :3

I really just threw up my hands and yelled "LIE ABOUT EVERYTHIIIIIIIIING" when making this sheet.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:57:06 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2012, 11:58:56 pm »

How's this so far?

If it all checks out then when I get my snake familiar I'll have a +12 on my bluff checks :3

I really just threw up my hands and yelled "LIE ABOUT EVERYTHIIIIIIIIING" when making this sheet.
Christ...

You: You are a platypus.
Guard: Platypi don't work, to the pond!
*Strolls away*
*You walk into the castle*
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2012, 12:00:34 am »

FORGOT THE EXTRA FEAT FOR BEING HUMAN AND THERE'S ONE THAT'LL GIVE ME +3 ON ANY SKILL.

I AM HAVING WAY TOO MUCH FUN WITH THIS.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2012, 12:02:01 am »

What's the policy on character names? Can they be kinda goofy, or must they be serious medieval names?

For reference, my bard's working name is [img=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Jovi]http://Lon Gordi[/img].

I'd prefer names that weren't difficult to say with a straight face. I'll wait for Scelly9 to throw in his two cents before denying anything.

Also, your BBC code is showing.

How's this so far?

Christ...

You: You are a platypus.
Guard: Platypi don't work, to the pond!
*Strolls away*
*You walk into the castle*

That is fucking awesome. How's your bluff checks work against elementals and golems though? :P 

FORGOT THE EXTRA FEAT FOR BEING HUMAN AND THERE'S ONE THAT'LL GIVE ME +3 ON ANY SKILL.

I AM HAVING WAY TOO MUCH FUN WITH THIS.

You're bluffing! :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2012, 12:03:29 am »

@ epic bluffing abilities: :(

@ Hanslanda: Yeah, I wasn't sure about names. And I have no idea how I f'd up the BBcode so badly O_o

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2012, 12:06:15 am »

@ epic bluffing abilities: :(

@ Hanslanda: Yeah, I wasn't sure about names. And I have no idea how I f'd up the BBcode so badly O_o

Fear not, epic bluffing abilities are only good against opponents that can be bluffed. For things other than bluffing, we have pointy sticks.

And what name were you wishing to use?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2012, 12:06:33 am »

For reference, my bard's working name is [img=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Jovi]http://Lon Gordi[/img].

I'd prefer names that weren't difficult to say with a straight face. I'll wait for Scelly9 to throw in his two cents before denying anything.
I have no real preference.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2012, 12:09:51 am »

:) So as long as you didn't name your character after some of the more unsavory parts of human anatomy, we should be good.
He's fucking with us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2012, 12:12:11 am »

I have so many artificial languages lying around from dwarf fortress modding that I could seriously make 56 different names that mean "dungeons dragons"

(I mean it, I did the math :P)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2012, 12:13:09 am »

Well, it really is up to the DMs, but I was hoping to be a little goofy, both with names (Lon Gordi) and songs ("Thou art nothing but a hound dog, crying all the time...thou hast ne'er caught a rabbit and thou art no friend of mine"). Fear not, I can be more serious and realistic if requested.

And the reason I was sad was because I put maximum points into Bluff, but it looks like I'm going to be outplayed at my own game :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2012, 12:14:50 am »

Hehe, I'm fine with silly names and stuff. However, if you sword falls down a cliff, expect to spend several hour restoring to and un-marked condition.

Also, rust.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 74