Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Assuming a session lasting four hours (at a guess), when would be best to start in GMT? Pick any options that work for you.

Remember this thing?
- 23 (46.9%)
It used to be huge!
- 26 (53.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 74

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Waitlist Still Open)  (Read 78074 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game (Recruiting!)
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2012, 12:16:59 am »

And the reason I was sad was because I put maximum points into Bluff, but it looks like I'm going to be outplayed at my own game :(

After the Snake Familiar I'll have +15 on my Bluff check. For comparison, an insane lies gives the bluffie a +20 boost to sense intent.

I like those odds.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2012, 12:18:07 am »

:) So as long as you didn't name your character after some of the more unsavory parts of human anatomy, we should be good.
Well there goes my backup character.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2012, 12:20:09 am »

And the reason I was sad was because I put maximum points into Bluff, but it looks like I'm going to be outplayed at my own game :(

After the Snake Familiar I'll have +15 on my Bluff check. For comparison, an insane lies gives the bluffie a +20 boost to sense intent.

I like those odds.
Well, I also have lots of Diplomacy and Disguise abilities, so I'm slightly more versatile.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2012, 12:25:12 am »

Hehe, I'm fine with silly names and stuff. However, if you sword falls down a cliff, expect to spend several hour restoring to and un-marked condition.

Also, rust.

This.

I like those odds.

Do not taunt the RNG, for he is fickle and prone to cruelty.

I like those odds.
Well, I also have lots of Diplomacy and Disguise abilities, so I'm slightly more versatile.

Versatility is good.

Also, I don't know if this went without saying or not, but I will give experience for role-playing your character. Try to keep this in mind.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2012, 12:27:35 am »

Also, I don't know if this went without saying or not, but I will give experience for role-playing your character. Try to keep this in mind.
So, if my character is, theoretically, a garden gnome brought to life by the almighty power of an ascended Billy Mays.... do I get experience for trying to sell people OxyClean?
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2012, 12:28:45 am »

Total Hit Points: 6
Oh dear. I didn't take any points out of CON either. Hell, I brought it from 8 to 10.

ETA: Also, in the Mythweavers page, what do all the checkboxes in the Skills section indicate? By default, all but the various knowledge skills are checked, which I'm pretty sure is not right.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:50:11 am by Sirus »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2012, 12:56:49 am »

So, if my character is, theoretically, a garden gnome brought to life by the almighty power of an ascended Billy Mays.... do I get experience for trying to sell people OxyClean?

Theoretically yes, as long as you do it AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS LIKE THIS.

Total Hit Points: 6
Oh dear. I didn't take any points out of CON either. Hell, I brought it from 8 to 10.

ETA: Also, in the Mythweavers page, what do all the checkboxes in the Skills section indicate? By default, all but the various knowledge skills are checked, which I'm pretty sure is not right.

Another note for anyone making a character: CONSTITUTION IS IMPORTANT. It gives you health. If you somehow end up with less than 10, it removes health. You need health.

:D

Also, I believe the little checkboxes by the skills indicates they are cross class skills. This is not good. Check the SRD and see what your class skills are, and uncheck their boxes. Otherwise you only get half the effect from the points you put in. I'm not an expert on Mythweaver though, so we might oughta ask Barbarossa.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:59:41 am by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 31, 2012, 12:59:36 am »

I also am done

I couldn't find the prices for some things, please take a look and tell me how It looks.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 31, 2012, 01:02:34 am »

Do bards need wisdom at all? Perhaps I'll cut a couple points out of that and stick them in CON instead. I don't want just 6hp!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 31, 2012, 01:04:37 am »

Finally, someone that isn't a bard or sorceror. :P I think you're doing okay. SRD has prices:

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/equipment.htm

@Sirus the Ninja-bard: Not really. Wisdom is more for cleric spells and spot and listen checks. So, you'll be kind deaf from all the music, but you'll be able to stand in a stiff breeze without keeling over.
He's fucking with us.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2012, 01:04:37 am »

Theoretically yes, as long as you do it AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS LIKE THIS.
Excellent. Realmfighter, I'm going to need to borrow your bluff score. We've got some products to sell. :P

In all seriousness, I kind of want to know what deities the setting has so my gnome can actually be a cleric of something.

Other than that, I'm pretty much ready to roll.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2012, 01:06:31 am »

I was going to assume typical DnD deities, but you can go ahead and make one up if you want. Dwarmin has the Raven God, which seems to be some sort of god of death, so if you want to make a gnome god of shinies and fancy swag, that'd be cool too.

Or if you're feeling lazy, I can pull a list of dieties and their powers out of my... Hat.
He's fucking with us.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2012, 01:06:53 am »

Finally, someone that isn't a bard or sorceror. :P I think you're doing okay. SRD has prices:

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/equipment.htm

@Sirus the Ninja-bard: Not really. Wisdom is more for cleric spells and spot and listen checks. So, you'll be kind deaf from all the music, but you'll be able to stand in a stiff breeze without keeling over.

I noticed some differences between that SRD site and the pathguy site,
like patguy says the dwarven waraxe is d10 but srd says it's d8, which should I use?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2012, 01:07:53 am »

you should list Armok as your Deity

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 74