Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48154 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Happy new year!))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Indeed. Happy New Year everyone.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

"Through the door!"

Happy new years all!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Happy New Year!
So I derped and edited my last action containing dialogue instead of quoting it for the colour tag. Whoops.
I edited it back after, just lettin' you know in case you ever wondered why it was edited. :P))

Trael apparently remembered he did not need an empty mouth to speak, seeing as he didn't need vocal chords, jaw muscles or a tongue, either. He tutted at the creature as he continued to bite at it, and said, "Now, now. Are you going to stop or do we have to get rough?"

>Ensure my sword-grip continues to keep me fastened to the creature!

>If I get a chance, bite it some more! Try to get a grip around the eyesockets of a skull and pull it off.

>If I'm thrown off, keep hold of my sword. If I lose it, dive after it, grab it and keep it between me and the wyrm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (83 - )
« Reply #574 on: January 03, 2013, 04:34:30 pm »

((Baradine's actually back on the forums, albeit temporarily. You could PM him. :P

Otherwise, no idea. Haven't been able to tell him apart from Rorrim for a while now. >_>))

"Ah, fascinating. Likely Sinmara dynasty, based on the thronework.

Ah, but what was this about the Dance of Souls Enamored, Book? What's that ghostly figure playing up there?"

Ask Book, move up to and examine ghostly figure myself.
As the name hopefully suggests, it is another piece of the Dance of Souls, a large harp that can't be played, but plays itself. Normally, it should be surrounded by illusionary flying angels. I guess that winged humanoid is supposed to be one, though it could look more angelic, really.

| You can't really say anything more about the ghostly figure. It could well be an illusion, as the book said.

((Its the colored text Irony XD

Rorrim speaks in my patented Yellowgreen, while Baradine speaks in normal (white for Darklight, black for Core)))

"Its a long way back, doubt I can get to the dryad before more fun happens here. Also, the winged humanoid is intangible, but visible."

"Giant died of old age, battle coming from between his legs, through that door."

Rorrim - examine the markings or any symbols on the door//the throne

Baradine - try to determine whether the ghostly figure is friendly or not, or even noticing them.

| You examine the throne. The intricate gold inlays and subtle flame motifs mark this throne as a belonging of the Sinmara dynasty, definitely, and the door in the throne is... well, actually, it's puzzling. It shouldn't be there - the Sinmara dynasty thrones are supposed to be rock solid! This throne has likely been uprooted, hollowed out, then fused here to the ground in... or wait... the ground here does look as if it is the same rock as the throne, as if it was cut out along with the throne, and then placed in this room, and then hollowed out, but...
This place really makes your brain hurt.

| Baradine approaches the winged figure again. After a few waves in front of (and through) its face, Baradine concludes that the figure is an illusion.

"Through the door!"

Happy new years all!
You go through the door and start following a long corridor. The combat sounds get louder.

----

((Happy New Year!
So I derped and edited my last action containing dialogue instead of quoting it for the colour tag. Whoops.
I edited it back after, just lettin' you know in case you ever wondered why it was edited. :P))

Trael apparently remembered he did not need an empty mouth to speak, seeing as he didn't need vocal chords, jaw muscles or a tongue, either. He tutted at the creature as he continued to bite at it, and said, "Now, now. Are you going to stop or do we have to get rough?"

>Ensure my sword-grip continues to keep me fastened to the creature!

>If I get a chance, bite it some more! Try to get a grip around the eyesockets of a skull and pull it off.

>If I'm thrown off, keep hold of my sword. If I lose it, dive after it, grab it and keep it between me and the wyrm.

| You struggle with the beast, only dealing minimal damage in the process.

| The wurm bucks up and down, and finally throws you off, though you keep your sword perfectly in hand.

Enemies - Wurm of Bones Melee to Trael, 7 damage dealt

----
Level-up for Baradine - I think I have something.

Also, level-up for Zalgus - any wishes? Also, additional rule, a level-up provides an automatic learning success for unlearned spells. Draining weapon is now learned.

Finally, level-up for Trael after the battle... if he survives. :devil:

----

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Run towards the sound of combat, battle ready with hammer in hand!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Hm... not sure what I want for levelups. More draining, better minions, and defensive buffs are usually good...))

"Well then, I suppose that's the three parts to Prodith's plans for world domination. Off we go then?

Oh and book, what can you tell me about fire giants? I'd ask our friend here myself but I doubt he could say much of interest, having been dead so long and so far away."

Continue through doorway.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Also, Action points or Hit points.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Hm... I guess I'll go with AP. Really like not dying, but since I'm all lifestealy with the possibility of minions that might be more efficient...))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Sorry.))

Baradine shall attempt to trace where the source of the illusion is coming from, while Rorrim shall begin prying off a use-able section from the Giant's skeleton as a...'tool'!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (84 - )
« Reply #580 on: January 11, 2013, 05:17:20 pm »

Run towards the sound of combat, battle ready with hammer in hand!
You run into a large room with a huge bone wurm thing. Hey, there's Trael!

((Hm... not sure what I want for levelups. More draining, better minions, and defensive buffs are usually good...))

"Well then, I suppose that's the three parts to Prodith's plans for world domination. Off we go then?

Oh and book, what can you tell me about fire giants? I'd ask our friend here myself but I doubt he could say much of interest, having been dead so long and so far away."

Continue through doorway.
Well, I could tell you about fire giants... or I could tell you to take a gander at the Shield Swarm spell three pages in...

You go through the doorway and down a corridor, the sounds of battle getting louder.

((Sorry.))

Baradine shall attempt to trace where the source of the illusion is coming from, while Rorrim shall begin prying off a use-able section from the Giant's skeleton as a...'tool'!

| Despite illusions not being Baradine's forte, he traces the illusion to the harp. In fact, Baradine thinks he catches a glimpse of a female dwarf, daring him to touch the harp. Surely it isn't trapped like that illusion painting...

| You decide to get the kneecap and a leg bone. One could make a buckler, and the other could do all sorts of work. Lever, emergency club, the possibilities are staggering. Uhm, of course, you've now disturbed the balance of that large skeleton... its probably collapsing soon.

----

Be auto'd (1d6=3)

Trael glares at Rorgrin, in a fashion that only a skeleton can glare, concentrating on defense from the wurm's bite. "About time."

| The wurm's countless eyess light up, and from its many mouths it spews forth a multitude of bone splinters at Trael and Rorgrin. Rorgrin jump back into the corridor, avoiding being hit, but Trael just stands there being pelted by the shrapnel. |

Enemies - Wurm of Bones Melee to Trael, 7 damage dealt

----
Level-up for Baradine (5 ap, Fire Initiate (+1 Fire damage with direct damage spells), Forge of Perfection spell available to learn (removes blemishes of a metal item, might improve the item))

Also, level-up for Zalgus (5 ap)
Potential traits for Zalgus: Skilled Stavesman, Resistant Creations

Potential spell improvements: targets of consult dead may answer with fragmentary sentences of up to five words rather than just yes/no; called shades deal +1 damage; or called shades block +1 death damage

Potential spells: Dust Zombie, Shield Swarm of the Ashen One

Finally, level-up for Trael after the battle... if he survives. :devil:

I'll probably change the workings of level-up in the future.

----

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Lightning trap room: A rock
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Ooh... I will easily take Resistant Creations and hesitantly take fragmentary sentences and dust zombie.))

"Mmm, fascinating, but a bit inefficient, don't you think? I suppose not everyone can drain the essence from their foes like I can, but still.

Also, do you know what would be making that racket up ahead? 'The Dance of Souls Embattled' or somesuch?"

Continue down path.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Seems that the remaining interest is pretty low?))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((ARGH, SOrry for not posting Knight! D:))

[I'll leave Baradine to level his character up...if he ever returns :/]

"Its the harp! The harp is the source of the illusions!"

"That's mighty interesting. Now get away from the skeleton!"

"What?"

"Move!"

Rorrim shall get out of the skeleton's damage zone and try to open the door at the throne if possible.

Baradine shall...err, evade the skeleton if it can collapse that far, and then try to speak with the female dwarf. If no reply, then try casting a spark at the harp.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

JUMP ONTO THE WYRM
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45