Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48300 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Baradine shall SMITE THE PUDDINGS WITH HIS FIERY BLADE

Rorrim shall . . .

Kick the nearest book and grab one at random before rushing outside and examining the place, perhaps going over to where that longsword was.

Get sword back. (1d6=5)
Baradine looks to where he dropped his sword. Doesn't seem too far away, and it seems it has cooled down enough to hold. He makes a quick dash towards it, going down into a roll to grab it, and slices several times at the wounded slime as he gets back up...
Slice pudding; pudding defense (1d6=6, 1d6=1)
... and as the slime droplets start to fly away, he slashes around seemingly at random, but sizzling noises reveal that he actually destroys these droplets as well, killing the first of the slimes. Then he twirls around the sword and sheathes it.

----

The clanging you heard leads you to believe that Baradine may have dropped his sword just a bit ago. Perhaps you can get it before him? Before that, you go grab one of the books...
Grab book (1d6=1)
"On the care and feeding of dralthas"? Of course you'd get a fiction book. Well, the clanging came from the circular room, so it's time to clean up this mess just a bit.
Get back into the circular room (1d6-1=5)
You clean away the debris and right parts of a shelf, and the door is passable once again. Oh, well, looks like Baradine already picked up his sword again.

READ A BOOK
Read a book (1d6=2)
You grab a random book. Apparently it is about bunnies? Odd, what's left of the writing and the illustrations suggests something else entirely...

----

((I should probably remember to stand up sometime. Well, that or master the art of Sloth Fighting.))

Get to feet. Club slimes if there's time.
With the immediate thread gone, you manage to get up unimpeded, and charge at the remaining slime to club it.
Attack pudding/pudding defense (1d6=2, 1d6=2)
You ineffectually bonk the creature on the top.

The slime then forms a pseudopod to bludgeon Zalgus.
Attack Zalgus/Zalgus defense (1d6=3, 1d6=1)
The pseudopod ends up being quite weak, and only bruises the necromancer. (2 damage)

Enemies - 1 black pudding

Black pudding 2 - 20/25 hp -  Melee to Zalgus, close to Baradine, Rorrim, and Rorgrin, not visible to Trael

----

>Go down stairs. Go up other stairs. Go through door. Confront whatever's on the other side.
"Do you think we're lost, Larry?" 
"Without a map of this place, there's no way we are lost."
You've barely stepped onto the sand as a different voice rings into your mind.
Servitor of the Bald One. Like your predecessors, you will perish. You will not reach the Terror of Bloodstained Dreams.
In the middle of the room, something starts digging out of the sand...

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Circular room, in a slime: A rock
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (26 - Domino Day!)
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2012, 02:58:16 pm »

Sacrifice my AP to deliver hell on that Pudding!

Baradine shall...coat all our weapons with heat!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

READ MORE BOOKS

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Bludgeon!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

The digging in the sand seems to get more impatient.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Bald One?" The skeleton halted in his tracks, thoughtfully raising one bony hand to poke at the few shreds of scalp remaining on his skull.
"Huh. I've still got some hair..."

He gave a small grunt in his dead voice and straightened up, assuming a ready stance with his sword as he eyed the sand.
"Are you the one who summoned me, who called me here? I know not who this 'Bald One' is, nor what you mean by 'Terror of Bloodstained Dreams', but if you're why I'm here, let's have it out then, shall we?!"
Trael seemed quite eager. He cared not if this thing defeated him, honestly, for un-live or die he would be released from his torment soon enough. Hopefully... A niggling voice in the back of his mind (other than Larry) was rather doubtful about that, but Trael wasn't listening.

>Say my piece, then charge towards the movement in the sand, striking downwards with my trusty sword!

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (29 - ???)
« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2012, 03:31:06 pm »

Sacrifice my AP to deliver hell on that Pudding!

Baradine shall...coat all our weapons with heat!

Attack pudding/Pudding defense (1d6=4, 1d6=6)
You attack the black pudding, but it slides away with surprising speed. It's really more of a tumbling. Did it just dent itself a bit? (1 damage to the slime; 2 ap used)

Improvise spell (1d6-2=2)
Baradine considers his firebolt maneuver that heated up his sword before. A more controlled version would be quite useful, wouldn't it? Too bad he can't figure this out on the fly.

Bludgeon!
Bludgeon slime;slime defense (1d6=5, 1d6=1)
You bludgeon the tumbling pudding for full effect, causing a surprising amount of damage. (5 damage)

Enemy - 1 black pudding

Black pudding 2 - 14/25 hp -  Melee to Zalgus, close to Baradine, Rorrim, and Rorgrin, not visible to Trael

----

READ MORE BOOKS
Read books (1d6=4)
"A Short History of Evil Towers"
Apparently, this keep used to be a tower. Well, you knew that part. Apparently, the mountain's genius loci one day decided to bury the tower. Well, it had to become a keep somehow. Apparently, something called the Dance of Souls might be important to this place. Well, that was vague. Apparently, something called the Terror of Bloodstained Dreams dwells far beneath the tower. Well, thats... what in the Abyss is a Terror, anyway?

----

"Bald One?" The skeleton halted in his tracks, thoughtfully raising one bony hand to poke at the few shreds of scalp remaining on his skull.
"Huh. I've still got some hair..."

He gave a small grunt in his dead voice and straightened up, assuming a ready stance with his sword as he eyed the sand.
"Are you the one who summoned me, who called me here? I know not who this 'Bald One' is, nor what you mean by 'Terror of Bloodstained Dreams', but if you're why I'm here, let's have it out then, shall we?!"
Trael seemed quite eager. He cared not if this thing defeated him, honestly, for un-live or die he would be released from his torment soon enough. Hopefully... A niggling voice in the back of his mind (other than Larry) was rather doubtful about that, but Trael wasn't listening.

>Say my piece, then charge towards the movement in the sand, striking downwards with my trusty sword!
"If the voice wants you dead, I doubt it was the one who summoned you."

Attack Gildengleam (burrowing);Gildengleam defense (1d6-1=3, 1d6=1)
You rush at what may be the center of the digging, and strike down your sword. As you draw it back, some black goo drips down.

Then, a golden pole-like thing rushes out of the sand, and shoots a gray substance towards the ceiling. You jump away as the sand beneath you gives way, and an golden, oval body emerges, soon hanging from the ceiling with the gray thread from one of its four legs. These legs, and small eyes between them, are aligned radially. And a larger eye sits on the top of the oval body, bleeding in the same black goo that drips from your blade. If it weren't for that goo, you'd almost think this creature to be mechanical.

Enemy - 1 Gildengleam 3 damage dealt.

On the floor:
    Circular room: A rock

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2012, 04:58:23 pm »

"Almost!"

Bludgeon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2012, 06:14:46 pm »

Trael focused his entire being on watching that thing; whatever it was, it was bound to be designed entirely to cause his destruction. He would let it make the first move, and hope he was able to react in time.

>Wait for the strange creature to move towards me, then sidestep it and attack! Try to hack bits off of and immobilize it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2012, 06:40:25 pm »

"Hey anyone know what a dance of-

If it weren't for that goo, you'd almost think this creature to be mechanical.

-Stop reading.

Attach an end of rope to the dagger."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 21, 2012, 08:47:02 pm »

Baradine shall...just splatter that Pudding with a flame strike!

Rorrim shall back that necromancer up by spending all his APs on another blunt strike.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (30 - Yummy necro)
« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2012, 11:05:01 am »

"Almost!"

Bludgeon.
Bludgeon/Defense (1d6=4, 1d6=5)
You almost bludgeon the floor.

Baradine shall...just splatter that Pudding with a flame strike!

Rorrim shall back that necromancer up by spending all his APs on another blunt strike.

Firebolt/Defense (1d6+1=5, 1d6=6)
Baradine fires a bolt at the pudding, but its strange reflexes cause it to quiver away, leaving Baradine to scorch the ground. (1 ap used)

Improvised attack/Defense (1d6-1=2, 1d6=3)
You move to try and help the necromancer, but your attacks keep falling short.

Improvised attack/Defense (1d6=5, 1d6=1)
The ooze finally manages to engulf Zalgus (6 damage, Zalgus is at 10 hp; additional hits while engulfed cause 2 more damage).

Enemy - 1 black pudding

Black pudding 2 - 14/25 hp -  Melee to Zalgus, close to Baradine, Rorrim, and Rorgrin, not visible to Trael

----

Trael focused his entire being on watching that thing; whatever it was, it was bound to be designed entirely to cause his destruction. He would let it make the first move, and hope he was able to react in time.

>Wait for the strange creature to move towards me, then sidestep it and attack! Try to hack bits off of and immobilize it.
As you watch the creature's every move, you notice the eye wound getting smaller and bleeding less (1 damage regenerated). It rises up its gray thread, then shoots another thread from its currently lower leg, and swings into your direction.
Focus on counterstrike (1d6=4)
Attack/Defense (1d6=5, 1d6+1=4)
Although you feel ready for the creatures assault, you are still a bit too slow to avoid it crashing into you (3 damage), but now you retaliate.
Attack/Defense (1d6=2, 1d6=1)
Unfortunately, the creature's hit left you somewhat dazed, causing you to attack at a bad angle. (2 damage)
Enemy - 1 Gildengleam 4 damage dealt. [total 5 damage]

----

"Hey anyone know what a dance of-

If it weren't for that goo, you'd almost think this creature to be mechanical.

-Stop reading.

Attach an end of rope to the dagger."
Attach rope to dagger (1d6=5)
Yes, that worked perfectly. Even if you went and narrated your forays into handiwork.

On the floor:
    Circular room: A rock

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:09:06 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2012, 12:01:27 pm »

"Oh...dear. That is quite the predicament.

"HOLD ON NECROMAN!"

Rorrim apparently couldn't find the name of the person embellished in calcium...

Baradine! Heated double palm strike to that pudding!

Rorrim! Use search-that-library-on-something-about-pudding, and not the cookbooks! Wait...fine, even those!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2012, 12:08:44 pm »

Run closer to the giant shiny thing trying to eat Trael..

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2012, 12:36:22 pm »

((I probably should point out that you have no idea where Trael is, much less what is attacking him.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45