Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 41 - Delays and Some Gameplay Overhaul  (Read 42878 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 20, The Dance Off!
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2012, 06:01:28 pm »

Hastily go to the Mage's Guild.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »

Read How to save a man from death.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2012, 11:05:25 pm »

"Hello, pal.  I think I will name you....  Ricky.  Now, let's go."

Head off to the library to see if I can dig up anything on "Reddrick" and his band of merry bandits.

"Hopefully our commander won't be too upset with this little delay, Ricky."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:42:01 am by Morelli »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2012, 03:39:37 am »

Kira glanced at her staff, before looking back at Djork with a smile.

"I accept!"

Yes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2012, 04:42:24 am »

"Er, sorry. Better too much than too little though, right...?"

Relocate Dorian's shoulder.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2012, 08:09:03 am »

"Nothing here- let's get out of here.  Since there's nothing more at the other house, we should head into town.  We'll have to poke around where James works and lives to get any more.  We'll need evidence to confront him."

Head to town and gather information on this James.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage 2.0 - Turn 22
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2012, 03:42:47 pm »

Turn 22

Hastily go to the Mage's Guild.

You get to the guild in no time flat, and you are given the introductions, the whole shebang.  What will you do now?

Read How to save a man from death.

You pick How to Save a Man From Death|  The knowledge is very technical, and quite a bit of it goes over your head.  Hell, barely get to the tenth chapter before nothing makes sense anymore.  However, you gained an incredible deal of knowledge from the part you did understand.  Coming back to this book later would be worthwhile.

You gain +30 experience to Ianus Resarcio!  You gain the meta magic Ianus!  You gain +15 to Ianus Resarcio!  You gain +5 to Mind magics.  You level up in Ianus Resarcio!  You level up in Ianus!  You gain the title Terrible Doctor!

"Hello, pal.  I think I will name you....  Ricky.  Now, let's go."

Head off to the library to see if I can dig up anything on "Reddrick" and his band of merry bandits.

"Hopefully our commander won't be too upset with this little delay, Ricky."

|  You learn absolutely nothing.  He's barely been a bandit for a month, after all.

Kira glanced at her staff, before looking back at Djork with a smile.

"I accept!"

Yes.

He smiles and says, "Good.  First off though..."

He makes your Ebony Sword dissapate, and he takes your staff.

"I will hold on your staff.  This weapon... it's a bit too powerful to be left in your hands.  I don't doubt your maturity, but you need to be able to succeed through your own abilities before you can use this weapon.  If you keep using it while you are weak, it will become your crutch.  A weapon must supplement you, not become who you are.  When you become a Grand Myrmidon, I will believe you are ready for this weapon."  He vanishes Van.

"Now, the first thing you must do is go on a few more missions.  I will give these to you personally, and you shall report only to me.  After each mission, I will teach you, and then we shall train.  This will be our little ritual."

He smiles at you, and says, "Of course, this doesn't mean you can't have any weapon at all.  Anything you can think of, I'll make it for you."

Choose a weapon.

((I apologize for taking Van away.  Don't worry, because you will be getting him back.  And believe me, I didn't take it away because I thought it was too strong of a weapon for you.  I took it away because that is how the character I have created, Djork, would train you.  So blame the plot.))

"Er, sorry. Better too much than too little though, right...?"

Relocate Dorian's shoulder.

You go to relocate his shoulder, but he stops you and says, "No way!  I think I would prefer I have a professional do this.  You'll just break my arm, somehow."

Well, that's that.  What to do now?

"Nothing here- let's get out of here.  Since there's nothing more at the other house, we should head into town.  We'll have to poke around where James works and lives to get any more.  We'll need evidence to confront him."

Head to town and gather information on this James.

| You are about to tell that this place is just a red herring, but she says, "Hey, I found something!"

Deciding to humor her, you go into the room where she is, and she is holding in her hand a book.

"It's his diary," She says. 

"I bet we can find something about the kidnapping in here."

So you both look through the diary, and there is nothing unusual except for the last entry:

Dear Diary,

Today, we're going to finish it.  Either we go down, or he does.  The reign of Becker has gone on long enough.

The date was the day that they were kidnapped.  Although, it seems that a kidnapping is not all that went on here.

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: He's looking at the back area

Dislocated Left Arm: Any rolls with the left arm are auto fail.

Janna: She is looking in confusion at the diary entry

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Also inside the Mage's Guild.

Spoiler: Perks (click to show/hide)

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  Inside the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, outside the house of Bale Withersnake.

Leo Morelli (Morelli)

A Male Human.  From the Summoning College.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  Inside the Archaeological Guild.

Okay here are the main changes.  I haven't finished it completely, but you can see the changes through the character status part. 

1st:  There is no 1/10 anymore for skills.  There will be no cap.  Exp stays the same, though.

2nd: Spells will hit 10 exp, and then any exp that would have gone to training that spell will no go into the main skill that spell uses.  You can specifically train spells past 10 exp, but some spells have no extra bonus that comes from a higher level of mastery.

3rd: Spell casting itself has been changed.  All spells that label Instant will now work like this:  You cast the spell, and because it was instant, you have time to cast one other spell, be it instant or no.  This effect can only happen once per turn.  Gaining higher level of mastery for some spells will unlock the Simultaneous Cast label.  Spells with the label Simultaneous Cast may be cast along side one other Simultaneous Cast spell, or another regular spell.  This works the exact same as the instant label, except that there are perks that allow for extra Simultaneous Casts to be made.  In example, it would work like this:

You six spells.  Three of them are Simultaneous Cast, two are Instant, and another is just a normal spell.  You have a perk that allows you to cast three spells with the Simultaneous Cast tag at once.  These are the combinations of spells you can do in one round:

(S= Simultaneous Cast, I= Instant, N= Normal Spell)

S,S,S
S,S,I
S,S,N
S,I,N
S,I,S
S,I,I
I,I
I,N
S,N
I,S
N
S
I

Note the order.  You have to cast the Simultaneous spell first in order to link.  So you couldn't go SNI, whilst you could go SIN.  The S would allow you to link to the Instant, whilst the instant could be linked to either a normal spell, instant spell, or S spell.  However, you could only have up to a max of three spells at any time.  If you started with I, you could only link to one other spell.  If you start with N, you couldn't link to anything.  You may not think that order would be important, but your order of spells would be very important.  For example, it would be best to stun the opponent and then hit them with the slow moving spell, instead of the other way around, no?

4th: Endurance will now determine how many spells you can cast without needing a break.  I haven't the logistics quite figured out yet, but that's how it's going to work.

And that's all, folks.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:35:08 pm by Baradine »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2012, 04:24:23 pm »

((Do I still have the dream robe, or did I regain my starting equipment?))

Head to the library and look for more Inficio Ignotus enchantment spells.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2012, 04:28:26 pm »

You have your starting equipment, I just haven't gotten around to changing it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2012, 04:36:36 pm »

((I completely understand.))

Kira stared on as Djork grabbed Van from behind her, and *poof*'d it into thin air.

She was lucky to have masked her emotions with a straight face.
But in truth, she also thought of what weapon she would be good at. Her wind spells would take advantage of range and distance, and projectile weapons were of little harm to her, physically.

Something that could penetrate armor, and be drawn easily in a narrow fight. So that meant no shield, and perhaps something that could be wielded equally in both hands as in one.

"How's about an Estoc?"

Tell.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2012, 04:37:28 pm »

Frown at this slight to my doctoring abilities. Attempt to venture and see what's past the shiny trap treasure room, retreating if I can't contain my need to touch things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2012, 05:56:29 pm »

Leave to go meet my two companions, and then make the trek to Vergesh to hunt down this outlaw.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2012, 08:19:25 pm »

"Well, that's something.  Becker must be the real names of this James fellow.  Does the name Becker mean anything to you?  Clearly the three men were going after him... and failed.  We better be ready for a fight if we find him.  Is there anyone your father worked with that may know more?"

Ask, then eitherhead to town and gather information on this James Becker or meet up with her suggestion, if any.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2012, 08:36:31 pm »

Now look for a water magic book, preferably centered on offense.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2012, 08:37:18 pm »

Also, the title says turn 20, while we just passed the second turn 21.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21