Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687577 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

Okay, thanks guys!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Edit: While I have a recent post here, are people able to see these things?
ᚳᚣᚠᚢᚦ
I can't.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

ᚳᚣᚠᚢᚦ
I can't.

That's kinda disappointing. Well, thanks.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

how awesome General Lee was
Well, he was, kinda. He just was awesome for the wrong side, and narrowly at that, IIRC.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Eh.

It's only the "wrong" side because the North won.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

ᚳᚣᚠᚢᚦ
I can't.

That's kinda disappointing. Well, thanks.
I, on the other hand, am fairly sure I can.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All I see is little boxes.

Am I meant to see little boxes?

'Cause I see little boxes.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... though, as the not-so-token southerner (there's a handful of us floating around the forum) I'll add to baffler's observation by noting that while the ones that fly the flag explicitly for racism is fairly minor, most of the group in question is still pretty damn racist. It's significantly rare that you run into someone flying the battle flag that's not using it as a bell whistle to other racists as a secondary factor. Folks that aren't, usually aren't so damned willfully delusional about what the flag means.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I see letters which vaguely resemble LotR moon runes, or elf runes, or whatever those were called.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Eh.

No, I'm fairly sure that the one side that openly fought for slavery in several documents issued by them is morally in the wrong regardless of who won.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

I see letters which vaguely resemble LotR moon runes, or elf runes, or whatever those were called.

The first two are from the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc, the rest are from the Elder and Younger Futhark. I was trying to figure out if there's default support for runes, for reasons, but I'd gone out of my way to get support for literally everything at some point in the past and couldn't tell on my own. The answer seems to be "sometimes."
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh.

No, I'm fairly sure that the one side that openly fought for slavery in several documents issued by them is morally in the wrong regardless of who won.

If the south had won, would you be citing those documents (because by now slavery probably would have been renounced in the Southern states as a consequence of huge peer pressure from within and without,) or would you be talking about the morally wrong, land grabbing North?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Eh.

If the south had won, would you be citing those documents (because by now slavery probably would have been renounced in the Southern states as a consequence of huge peer pressure from within and without,) or would you be talking about the morally wrong, land grabbing North?
'By now' is entirely relevant. If they were in a position to even want to renounce it pre-war, there wouldn't be a war. And what they would do later would not be taken in consideration in regards to what they fought the war for. And considering the Reconstruction, they weren't particularly keen on keeping it illegal *despite* immense pressure, I doubt they would be keener when they had the political power.

As a non-American, it's not like I have any particular favoritism for either side inherently.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Of course don't forget that if the South had of won it would have codified a state's right to secede from the Union, so it would be an open question if there even would be a United States of America by now.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

The first two are from the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc, the rest are from the Elder and Younger Futhark. I was trying to figure out if there's default support for runes, for reasons, but I'd gone out of my way to get support for literally everything at some point in the past and couldn't tell on my own. The answer seems to be "sometimes."

Well, they work for me.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 637