Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335721 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1095 on: August 17, 2012, 01:50:45 pm »

So...call it, around $1.5 million for a round-trip from Terra to the 12th Bay Lunar Resort (which also happens to have a secret base underneath it), plus lodging, food, activity, and other such costs; or, for the more impoverished, $499,999 to take a spaceplane JUST out of the atmosphere! (Minimal or no cargo.)

Great, all we need now is the reusable spaceplane, the Lunar base, and the fuel. And advertisement.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 17, 2012, 01:51:23 pm »

Agree with extautionate prices. If people pay $1.5billion to fly round the moon (and they are, takeoff in 4+ years if you're interested), they can and will pay $20 to drink juice on the moon. Ditto with coffee shop on Mt. Everest.

That's just for a few hours orbiting.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:55:18 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 17, 2012, 01:59:11 pm »

Agree with extautionate prices. If people pay $1.5billion to fly round the moon (and they are, takeoff in 4+ years if you're interested), they can and will pay $20 to drink juice on the moon. Ditto with coffee shop on Mt. Everest.

Hm, so maybe the round-trip would be $1,999,999.99, not counting lodging and such. It'll be a bargain! Then we gouge them with the souvenirs, food, maybe a time-share presentation or a request to help find the Martian colony project, and we're good. Maybe throw in some advertising deals with Terran companies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 17, 2012, 02:04:16 pm »

I'd go for 1.5 billion a day. Possibly a bit less though. Maybe half that.

We should also bring back and export moonrocks(in limited quantities). Don't mind the fact that they cause a variant of asbestosities(Yup, portal was right. Moon rocks are poisonous.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 17, 2012, 02:45:18 pm »

I'd say $2mil for travel, plus a certain amount (probably in the tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars per day range, possibly varying based on accommodations) for rent, plus food expenses, plus they'd want to get plenty of souvenirs.
Sig

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 17, 2012, 04:34:38 pm »

How do we incorporate space cows and cheese into this? Also I strongly agree with the secret base under colony plan.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 17, 2012, 04:51:44 pm »

Technically, it's a secret base under a RESORT.

The spacecows should be smaller and have a higher milk yield. That way, we need less pasture for more milk. Perhaps they should also have shaggy fur, so that we can shear them and sell Space Cow Wool Sweaters. Or maybe that's just silly.
Maybe what we need is, not space cows, but space GOATS.
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 17, 2012, 05:02:18 pm »

I want to join this endeavor.  It's crazy enough to work.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 17, 2012, 05:15:12 pm »

Yes, propaganda campaign is working. Please, choose a position in a new or already exisiting department, and I or DZA will sponser your appointment.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 17, 2012, 05:20:01 pm »

Join P.E.A.C.E. I need people that are not insane drug addicts.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 17, 2012, 05:23:18 pm »

Your choice:
Whichever is trying to revise or break the laws of physics,
Whichever is working with computers,
Whichever is working with Military strategy,
Whichever is working with Diplomatic strategy,
or I can join the modding department.

Join P.E.A.C.E. I need people that are not insane drug addicts.

What does it do?  May add to list above.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:29:14 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 17, 2012, 05:24:32 pm »

We basically fix whatever the rest of the colony does when it comes to relations to earth. So basically we babysit earth to make sure they don't get stupid and attack us.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 17, 2012, 05:28:21 pm »

We basically fix whatever the rest of the colony does when it comes to relations to earth. So basically we babysit earth to make sure they don't get stupid and attack us.

I am good at strategy (diplomatic or military), but I cannot speak in front of a decent-sized group of people (read: more than 10).

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 17, 2012, 06:23:26 pm »

We should also bring back and export moonrocks.
The moon is a harsh mistress. Exporting rocks one slingshotted boulder at a time and letting the earths gravity do the rest.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 17, 2012, 06:25:33 pm »

I am good at strategy (diplomatic or military), but I cannot speak in front of a decent-sized group of people (read: more than 10).

We are set then. Welcome to P.E.A.C.E.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 192