Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335743 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1110 on: August 17, 2012, 06:30:52 pm »

We basically fix whatever the rest of the colony does when it comes to relations to earth. So basically we babysit earth to make sure they don't get stupid and attack us.

I am good at strategy (diplomatic or military), but I cannot speak in front of a decent-sized group of people (read: more than 10).

We are set then. Welcome to P.E.A.C.E.

I probably will have other areas that I will assist at the same time, but I am honored to be in the organization all the same.

I have noticed all of the talk ending at mars, the current destination, but what if we look further.  Specifically, construction of a FTL drive involving magma and elf carcasses to bring us to another star.  Any thoughts?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 17, 2012, 07:22:51 pm »

Do you HAVE a FTL engine? Do you plan to have a cheap design in the next 30 years? I thought not.

Well then, Welcome to PEACE. I would have preffered you be in the military sector, but okay. I will ask ace to add you in to the database.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 17, 2012, 07:26:04 pm »

Do you HAVE a FTL engine? Do you plan to have a cheap design in the next 30 years? I thought not.

Well then, Welcome to PEACE. I would have preffered you be in the military sector, but okay. I will ask ace to add you in to the database.

Wait, military?

I'll go for that instead!
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 17, 2012, 07:26:47 pm »

Wait, military?

Damn another sane person lost to the jobs for the insane...
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 17, 2012, 07:29:32 pm »

Wait, military?

There are sane people?   ???

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 17, 2012, 07:29:43 pm »

Somehow I know someone will attempt this in the future, with the specifications posted by bay12...
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 17, 2012, 07:31:34 pm »

And that someone will be the Bay12 community itself.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 17, 2012, 07:31:47 pm »

I'm sorry Corai, I bet you just had some business cards made too.

I would join you, as I am likely considered sympathetic to the earthings, (I would prefer takeover to destruction) but my current duties must take precedence.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 17, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »

Wait, military?

Try making PEACE sound more interesting. Offer them cookies or something. Your fighting against a sector with asteroids in the shape of a middle finger. Possibly something about how diplomats get all the earth ladies?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 17, 2012, 07:34:28 pm »

Wait, military?

Try making PEACE sound more interesting. Offer them cookies or something. Your fighting against a sector with asteroids in the shape of a middle finger. Possibly something about how diplomats get all the earth ladies?

When this all goes to hell and we get our asses kicked, we will be the only Bay12ers NOT to be shot on sight.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 17, 2012, 07:36:29 pm »

Somehow I know someone will attempt this in the future, with the specifications posted by bay12...

All we should need to do is find a wormhole and make it stable.  Bonus if we can change it's state at a whim.

Wait, military?

When this all goes to hell and we get our asses kicked, we will be the only Bay12ers NOT to be shot on sight.

You forget that I we would not be stupid enough to build a way out.  Possibly through the wormhole.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:39:30 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 17, 2012, 07:42:58 pm »

Corai might be right though, what if Toady and Threetoe do not wish to come to mars?  Obviously in that case destruction, or even war would be out of the question.  Then what?

We need options, and some of those options need to be possible without the destruction or hostile takeover of the Earth.  Diplomacy may be the only way!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:45:59 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 17, 2012, 07:45:21 pm »

Corai might be right though, what if Toady and Threetoe do not wish to come to mars?  Obviously in that case destruction, or even war would be out of the question.  Then what?

Simple, we avoid where they live.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 17, 2012, 07:49:41 pm »

Wait, military?

Now see, this is why we will have self-destruct function. lure the Terrans in, and BAM, die in a blaze of glory. I for one plan to commit suicide by jumping off my waterfall. ahh, the mist...

Actually, as prime minister, I bet I get arrested for warcrimes.

If he had a serious problem with it, he would have told us. As of right now, its approval by lack of resistance. I do wonder what he thinks of us though...

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 17, 2012, 07:54:37 pm »

I am against any form of weapons of mass destruction, on earth or on our territory. If you are all gonna kill yourselves when we get our asses kicked, use a gun. Not a giant nuke that will destroy the solar system.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 192