Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66161 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 1
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 10:56:22 am »

.blackmagechill: If you were a dopp or exterminator, who would you be more inclined to NK: a player currently pressing you, or a player with almost no link to you?
Probably a player with no link to me, so as to give the impression that someone else, like Dustylou2, was controlling the lynch. That guy has some pretty big suspicious while we're still under ten twelve posts.

@Jim: Probably Dariush. He's completely unlikeable.

Hapah:Who do you think would be the most detrimental to town in this game?

Toaster: Which scum do you think is most dangerous, dopps or aliens? Why?

Dariush:Same question, different thread.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 12:06:20 pm »

Shakerag, are you excited to be scum this game?
While I had half a dozen sarcastic replies cross through my mind to give you, I'll just state that I am not scum, and therefore can't be excited to be scum.  What manner of response were you expecting to a question like that?

Shakerag:  If you were an Alien Survivor, what tech would you take, assuming you could not take a shield?
Deadman bomb.  Outside of the shield, seems like the best thing to give you leverage as a survivor. 

Mr. D: Of the roles that could choose one, which role do you think could put a Mind Control Ray to the best use?

Hapah: If you were scum, would you use the fact that PMs are allowed in Paranormal games to spread confusion?  How?

Bookthras: Which tech item do you feel is the most underrated?  Overrated?

Dariush: If you were a Tough Dopp, would you try to intentionally utilize your role's special ability?  If so, how?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 02:06:03 pm »

zombie urist, it's Night 1 and you're the Exterminator. What do you do?
Plasma bomb the hardest to read person.

Bookthras: If you were human and could chose any type of guard to be, which one would you chose?

Shakerag: Would you rather have two small techs or one med tech?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 02:22:07 pm »

Bookthras: If you were an agent operative, what techs would you take?
Bot and scanner. In general, though, for paranormal in particular I dislike RV questions about what tech would one pick, as it is giving free advice to potential Ext/Ext-ops/Dopp-scientists, and their choice of tech is the single most important strategic choice they'll make D1. Let them think of it on their own. (This doesn't apply to agent-op, because they're town.)

Bookthras: Which tech item do you feel is the most underrated?  Overrated?
Underrated, probably the stun bomb. It is quite interesting and I don't think I've seen it used. But that's probably because there are plenty other medium tech items to compete with it. Overrated? Hard to say. The popular items are popular because they work. Perhaps the military scientist's assassin bot, since it seems to kill a townie more often than not.

Bookthras: If you were human and could chose any type of guard to be, which one would you chose?
Vengeful. Because fuck'em.

Votes and questions of my own will come up as soon as I can catch up, hopefully tonight.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 02:50:15 pm »

@ToonyMan: That's not much of an excuse. There's no reason that a town player would act like this; your behavior so far only makes sense if you're some sort of Jester (spore spreader in this case), or scum relying on refuge in audacity to save him. Not going to move my vote until you can get me a better reason, or someone else shows up who is both scummy and not evidently suicidal.
I remember getting lynched as a Spore Spreader in a previous game and that didn't work in my favor at all.  There's no way I would act suicidal.

Dariush.
Looks like we have an asshole here who may be scum or may be town trying to do a quirky gambit. Why are you trying to imitate Nuke?
Well it did make you vote Mr. Dwarfinton.  It must be working.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 03:11:04 pm »

Dariush.
Looks like we have an asshole here who may be scum or may be town trying to do a quirky gambit. Why are you trying to imitate Nuke?

Dariush, because why not?
Looks like we have bandwagoning scum here, Mr.D. While Toony may be town, there is literally no reason town would throw in a second reasonless vote. Go hang.

Hahaha, calm down. It was a joke because Toony started it off with just voting you. You guys take mafia so seriously. unvote

Mr. D: Of the roles that could choose one, which role do you think could put a Mind Control Ray to the best use?

Probably a doppleganger.

Toonyman: Which role do you think is the coolest?
Book: Personal shield or mind shield, which do you choose?
ZU: What type of alien would you want to be if you had to be the alien race? Which one do you think would look coolest?

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard of Yendor hits! You die... DYWYPI?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 03:25:34 pm »

@Toaster: The Xenozoologist looks most interesting, if only because it operates differently than most roles. Hivemind as well, for the same reason.

@Jim and blackmagechill: Apologies for seeming overzealous. Soon as I woke up, I realized that there actually were some reasons for Toony to do this that weren't necessarily scummy (reaction test, trying to end RVS in record time, general screwiness...). I was thrown, if only because I've never seen something like this before and I was eager to point the finger and cry scum. As such, I'll unvote and look for more definitive results elsewhere. Keeping my FoS on Mr. Dwarfinton though, because voting for someone without questioning them after someone else has already done the same to them seems quite pointless. PPE: Okay, it was apparently a joke. Still seems off to me somehow, though.

Shakerag: As town, would you rather be an Agent, Detective, or Telepath?

Bookthras: What do you prefer to play as: town, scum, or a third party?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 04:17:49 pm »

Shakerag: Would you rather have two small techs or one med tech?
I think that would depend on which role I have, but taking your question as a sort of rule-of-thumb thing, I'd say two small.  More options. 

Shakerag: As town, would you rather be an Agent, Detective, or Telepath?
Telepath.  Most 'kill' goal results are anti-town, goes through holoforms, and don't have to worry about PWV effects.

Toaster: If you were an Agent, when would you claim?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2012, 04:22:46 pm »

Jim:  Speaking of Pandar, are you the alien exterminator?

I wish. The game I'm Exterminator is the game where the Exterminator finally wins.

Why? Dopp team needs to know how stiff their competition's going to be?

Petty reasons are dumb. Why'd you pick a dumb and petty reason?

Why?

Shakerag, are you excited to be scum this game?
While I had half a dozen sarcastic replies cross through my mind to give you, I'll just state that I am not scum, and therefore can't be excited to be scum.  What manner of response were you expecting to a question like that?

Basically the one you gave.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 05:01:16 pm »

BMC:
Toaster: Which scum do you think is most dangerous, dopps or aliens? Why?

I'd say the dopp team.  Both the hivemind and exty stand a decent chance of being offed by the dopps, and the others aren't as threatening.  Hivemind/exty both want dopps dead, as well.  The dopps, however, are a cohesive organized group, probably with a decent mix of roles.

Which are you most interested in lynching?

Dustylou:  I see.

Shakerag:  Besides massclaim, when I had something to claim that would make a difference.  Dopp result would be pretty much when I got it.  Alien... if I had a good reason to suspect they were one of the dangerous two (see above) I'd probably go ahead and claim.  Otherwise I'd probably reserve judgment.  Human... probably not, unless they were about to be lynched and I thought it a good idea to claim to save them (and didn't think they were dopp leader et al.)

Jim:  Because someone needed to ask it, silly.

Hapah:  If you were a dopp enchanter, would you force a tie vote to save a scumbuddy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2012, 06:41:52 pm »

As a heads up, I'm going to be busy through the end of the week, and on Thursday through Saturday I will be completely unavailable.

If I get a post in, consider it an oddity rather than the norm.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2012, 07:46:17 pm »

ToonyMan: Which role do you think is the coolest?
Exterminator.

Hahaha, calm down. It was a joke because Toony started it off with just voting you. You guys take mafia so seriously. unvote
I wouldn't joke around in a game of Paranormal.

I was thrown, if only because I've never seen something like this before and I was eager to point the finger and cry scum.
This seems odd to me.  You mean the fact I voted somebody without apparent reason in the 'RVS' was enough for an outcry on your part?  This is why I prefer not giving cookie cutter questions, especially the players who don't even cast votes...

As a heads up, I'm going to be busy through the end of the week, and on Thursday through Saturday I will be completely unavailable.
If I get a post in, consider it an oddity rather than the norm.
Ugh.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2012, 10:26:20 pm »

Petty reasons are dumb. Why'd you pick a dumb and petty reason?
Sometimes I say dumb and petty things. I feel that everybody has at some point, and Dariush was a complete prick in BYOP2. That might not be a whole lot of justification, but he was quite the douche.

Mr.D: Why don't you take mafia seriously? That's kind of part of the game. I mean, maybe not anger and insult seriously, but enough to where you're focused on the game.

ToonyMan: Why are you angry/disappointed that Jim cant post for the next few days?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2012, 11:22:00 pm »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: ToonyMan
Dustylou2: blackmagechill
Mr. Dwarfinton: Dariush
Shakerag : Dustylou2
Toaster: Shakerag

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2012, 11:28:08 pm »

ZU: What type of alien would you want to be if you had to be the alien race? Which one do you think would look coolest?
Exterminator. Don't know.

Mr. D: Why the useless question and why are you laughing your actions off?

Why?
Most people would target a hard to read person and killing a bunch of people N1 would leave town confused.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31