Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginners Succession Game  (Read 34393 times)

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Succession Game
« Reply #330 on: April 08, 2010, 03:46:17 am »

So we all need to know who it is since dusty isn't responding  :(
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 08, 2010, 07:09:43 am »

Alright guys, downloading the file now...

I'll see what I can do about our situation
Ahem...
Derp.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
  • The one, and only, Beadra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 08, 2010, 08:32:10 am »

Well dusty made a response that he was taking his turn so he has 7 days to finish were only on day 4.

god damn , i am only gone for some weeks and.....

i got skipped , i can't even use the god damn save anyways

Yes you got skipped, you didn't respond for two days once it was you're turn. Yes you can use the save. I'm guessing the error is cat_Mouth something or another? That issue is easy enough to fix if you just download maydays fully packaged game from his site and put the save in there. Otherwise edit the cat_mouth tag in the files to how it is supposed to be.
We all die eventually, though more so for dwarfs.

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard of Yendor hits! You die... DYWYPI?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 08, 2010, 09:42:12 am »

Sorry about the lack of updates, more should be coming later today.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 08, 2010, 09:55:53 am »

Sorry about the lack of updates, more should be coming later today.
Cool. Will be eagerly awaiting your update. =)

An insane child kills the remaining group of spine injured dwarfs shortly before starving to death himself. Thus ended Weightknives. May the souls of the fallen rest in every level of Armok's 1000 hells.

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 08, 2010, 08:11:08 pm »

More, from Dusty's Journal!

-20th Felsite-
Finally got around to recruiting those inept peasants. Gave 'em some crossbows and armor, and away they go. As for me, I've been trying to help the booze situation, but I'm afraid that we'll have to be sober til we get better farms.

-11th Hematite-
Noticed mildly unsettling fact: new recruit is unhappy. Because he hates Fire Snakes, of all things. How he even saw the one near the pipe is unknown... maybe it needs a roof, the imps scared some civilians earlier.

-16th Hematite-
Curses! A Gobbo Ambush. Total of...7. To our "military" of five depressed nincompoops who barely know which way to point a crossbow; the best of which is merely a "Marksdwarf".
Sounds like a fair fight to me!
-17th Hematite-
An herbalist died, too stupid to go indoors. Luckily, he had absolutely no relations except to his god, who I bdoubt will smite the goblins for him.

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 08, 2010, 08:31:41 pm »

-17th Hematite-
Heh. A 'Wilidlife Dwarf' shot down one of the goblins from the wall, then calmly walked off, avoiding all counterfire. His ranger buddy, not so much. Have changed his job title to "Semi-Badass".
As for the 'official military', they're still gathering their stuff, or going across the exposed walls to reach their posts...

-17th Hematite-
What do you mean, "Urist McCoward cancels Pull Lever: Forbidden Area"?!

-18th Hematite-
Lost a recruit... we now have an unhappy legendary woodworker - the same one who had a fell mood and made a toga from it. And he's BUFF. Makes me a little nervous, along with my failtastic military. Noticed that 4 more gobbos dead, but no sign of bolts on their bodies. One more drowning in a pond, and the last one ran off.
-Battle Report-
Casualties: ~4 Wounded, 2 dead: 1 Unimportant Herbalist, and one lame recruit
Kills: 2 To the Semi-Badass, 1 to the Unhappy soldier (Who survived), 1 to a pond. All others unknown.
~~~~~~~~
As for that Semi-Badass? He's now sitting on the wall, having booze. His only wounds are moderate spinal, which he already had. His awesome is probably equal to both FDR's and Teddy Roosevelt's combined. Someone must draw this scene of him gazing joyfully at his crushed foes. (Just realized: He was only wearing clothes.)

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 08, 2010, 08:48:52 pm »

-21st Hematite-
In the aftermath of the battle, I have begun construction of a massive floor on the level of the walkways, to cover the lava pipe. Those imps will bother dwarves no more!
-26th Hematite-
Just noticed that a completely separate ranger from Mr. Badass or his dead buddy has brain damage, neck damage, and a missing eye. I just noticed because he fell unconcious in the hall. Great.
-1st Malachite-
That one suicidal kid finally died of thirst. Better make sure the parents are extra happy.
-8th Malachite-
Olon Kinkol, Semi-Badass, has been promoted to Sheriff status.
Tut tut tut Put, 351 days in prison? At least you're not as bad as Asmel... over 400 days for him.
Everything After this was lost. I have preserved it in a spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Okay WTF, it deleted most of my edits: important stuff: We got a legendary chest, and we pwned a few gobbos. No one died, but Phil is incredibly hungry.
-17th Limestone-
NOOOOO
Phil has starved to death. The others refused to feed him in prison... poor phil... now what are we gonna do? Also: Argh another ambush. Hope the caravan saves us
-20th Limestone-
Holy crap. I just recruited a random herbalist, and now he's destroying the goblins with no training, with his bare hands. He just chokeslammed a goblin off the wall and piledrived him!
-22nd Limestone-
All the goblins are dead now. It seems like a third of our fort is incapacitated, so work is slooow.
-1st Sandstone-
Phil's successor as broker has just buried him in his tomb, how appropriate. Meanwhile, I have promoted myself as manager, and some random dude is now bookkeeper.
-18th Sandstone-
The mass butchering of the animals has begun...
-23rd Limestone-
The dwarves next year want: Maces, armor, plants, blocks, shields, meals, cheese, amulets, legwear, large gems, and crowns.
-28th Sandstone-
Yes! Migrants have shown up, despite the "Danger". In all, 11 came here. Not bad.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:07:25 pm by Dustylou2 »

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 09, 2010, 03:25:45 am »

dammit it crashed? I always save after every 2 months or so... but you can still lose a lot of progress in crashes

Well at least we got the ball rolling again and I like you writing style, short fast updates for every few days, keep it up!  ;)

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 09, 2010, 04:47:49 am »

Boo I'm unhappy.  WAIT you replaced me? YOU OUTSOURCING BASTARD WHO IS IT? IT'S AN ELF, ISN'T IT!?

:P

also, if worst comes to worst once my arm is healed you can always put me in the army-I probably will have LEET SKILLZ from all the...counting and stuff...

one barrel of dwarven wine!
two Barrels of dwarven wine!
Three! three barrels of dwarven wine! AH ha ha ha ha.
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 09, 2010, 05:32:50 am »

i could't use the save , since the ASCII DF 40D and Maydays DF 40D is different(due to that economic stone and what not) and Mayday's DF40D doesn't have a proper resolution for my computer

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 09, 2010, 10:45:37 am »

Put, 351 days in prison?

I had a bad day.

Set_Beadra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 09, 2010, 08:18:55 pm »

Well ze-spy it all worked for me. I changed to maydays saves just fine from normal and back.

So how many dwarfs do we have total and how many are still tantruming and being pissy?

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 09, 2010, 10:09:21 pm »

No one has tantrummed while I've been playing, and only 1 or two are unhappy. Even then, they quickly become "Fine" or even "Content". :)

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 10, 2010, 04:06:57 am »

new maydays out (even though I can play the normal version)

This fortress is recovering from DOOM
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28