Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66187 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Signups [9/16]
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 02:25:20 am »

I don't think I'll make it to Night 1 anyway, because I'm a huuuuuuuge aaaaaasshooooole.  >:3
FTFY.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Signups [9/16]
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 11:06:21 am »

Ugh, just realized: my college orientation is coming up, so I'll be gone all of thursday and most of friday. That's the end of D1 and most of N1, correct? What should I do, stay in and miss ~48 hours? Drop out and join the replacement queue?

Should be fine. You can send in your night action ahead of time.

I'm going to close sign-ups at ~5pm Pacific today. Game will start sometime tonight.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Signups [11/16] - Signups close 5pm PST today
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 09:29:59 pm »

Signups are now closed. I'm working on the set-up now and the game should start in an hour or so.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Signups closed
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46:05 pm »

Venturist Industries, a pioneer is the field of high technology. A good workplace, with lots of perks and good pay. Sure, the hours are sometimes long and the research labs are out in the middle of nowhere, but up until this night it’s been pretty good. And now it might end up as your graves. You were all working late this night when the worst storm in ages rolled in. Flash flooding took out the roads nearby, and the main powerlines went down. Fortunately, the backup generators kicked in, so you do have power. Until the roads get fixed, though, you’re kind of stuck here.

That would be bad, but it was the discovery of three doppelganger pods in the basement that really sealed things. Three of your co-workers are already dead, and monsters have taken their place.

You know what to do. Kill them before they kill you. You really don’t have any other choice.

The game has started. Day 1 will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 1
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 12:07:56 am »

Dariush.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 12:14:53 am »

Dariush, because why not?

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard of Yendor hits! You die... DYWYPI?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 12:23:10 am »

Alright, let's get this started. Or rather, have two posts appear before I post this.

Hapah: Which of the players in this game would you be most worried about being scum? (i.e. 'I would hate to play against ___ as scum because...')

ToonyMan: If you were an agent, would you rather investigate a scummy player or a seemingly town player?
More importantly, why are you voting Dariush with literally no apparent reason? I know it's RVS, but the fact that you vote him with no question seems bizarre to me. Same goes for Mr. Dwarfinton.

blackmagechill: If you were a dopp or exterminator, who would you be more inclined to NK: a player currently pressing you, or a player with almost no link to you?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 01:42:47 am »

Dustylou2: You mentioned reading some games. Which ones?

Jim: If you were an exterminator operative, what techs would you take?

Bookthras: If you were an agent operative, what techs would you take?

Toaster: Would you rather have a mind shield or anti-tech field?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 01:48:10 am »

@UI: Hmm... Beginners Mafia 31+, 22-25 (currently reading the second BM XXV), 1, and 3 IIRC. Also, Paranormal 13, 16, and 20. Several were from the recommended games thread, and I've been reading through many BMs to learn from others' mistakes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 02:58:02 am »

ToonyMan: If you were an agent, would you rather investigate a scummy player or a seemingly town player?
Investigating a player I think is town would lead to a town result, not as useful as a scum result.  Scummy player.

More importantly, why are you voting Dariush with literally no apparent reason? I know it's RVS, but the fact that you vote him with no question seems bizarre to me. Same goes for Mr. Dwarfinton.
I'm a huge asshole, duh.

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 03:10:42 am »

@ToonyMan: That's not much of an excuse. There's no reason that a town player would act like this; your behavior so far only makes sense if you're some sort of Jester (spore spreader in this case), or scum relying on refuge in audacity to save him. Not going to move my vote until you can get me a better reason, or someone else shows up who is both scummy and not evidently suicidal.

Dustylou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 03:11:30 am »

Going to bed now, will post more tomorrow.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 03:34:32 am »

Dariush.
Looks like we have an asshole here who may be scum or may be town trying to do a quirky gambit. Why are you trying to imitate Nuke?

Dariush, because why not?
Looks like we have bandwagoning scum here, Mr.D. While Toony may be town, there is literally no reason town would throw in a second reasonless vote. Go hang.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 04:24:13 am »

Jim: If you were an exterminator operative, what techs would you take?

As far as I'm aware it's impossible to have a solo Exterminator Operative, so my choice of tech would depend a lot on what sort of tactic me and the Exterminator decided to take. Tech is transferrable, so it's better to turn the Exterminator into a Super Exterminator by giving all my tech to him than keeping it for myself.

If we decided to go an offensive build, I'd take a bunch of dead man bombs and maybe the assassin bot. Defensive, personal shields, or maybe a shield and anti-tech field, and combat camouflage along with Exterminator's permanent holoform modulator.

If I were a solo Exterminator Operative (either that's the role I get or the Exterminator suffers from a case of sudden onset shitty Pandarsenic gambit) I'd go with two Deadman bombs and the Assassin Bot, and give Deadman bombs to people being lynched minutes before the deadline. As far as I'm aware, the player you give tech isn't required to accept the tech, it's just given to them.

There are many options.

@ToonyMan: That's not much of an excuse. There's no reason that a town player would act like this; your behavior so far only makes sense if you're some sort of Jester (spore spreader in this case), or scum relying on refuge in audacity to save him. Not going to move my vote until you can get me a better reason, or someone else shows up who is both scummy and not evidently suicidal.

You're jumping to conclusions awfully quickly. I smell scum trying to make a show of having suspicions early in the game.

So how far off the mark am I and why is it dead fucking on?

blackmagechill, if you were scum and could singlehandedly lynch any player, who would you pick and what would your reasons be?

Shakerag, are you excited to be scum this game?

zombie urist, it's Night 1 and you're the Exterminator. What do you do?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 09:06:12 am »

Urist I:
Toaster: Would you rather have a mind shield or anti-tech field?

Probably the mind shield.  Getting blocked is annoying, and the tech abilities generally aren't very threatening- snooper bots, tracking devices, et al.

Jim:  Speaking of Pandar, are you the alien exterminator?

Dustylou:  Which role off the role list looks the most interesting?

Shakerag:  If you were an Alien Survivor, what tech would you take, assuming you could not take a shield?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31