Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 5 - That's the last of them. [Game Over!]  (Read 62827 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - Seeing through the Guise [Night 1]
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2012, 08:45:50 am »

Apologies for the delay.

The group gathers again at the central point.  A quick meal is had, and at the end it’s obvious that Urist Imiknorris isn’t showing up.  The group fans out in search of him, and his body is soon found.  A scrap of journal is found on him... it details how he wants someone to be killed by the group and die in front of him, but there’s no name.  Who knows what this strange priest was up to?

Accusations fly and arguments quickly break out, and it’s on again.

Urist Imiknorris has been killed!  He was a Priest (Lyncher).

Day 2 has begun!  Day 2 will last until Wednesday, 8/1 at 11 PM EST.

There are nine items in the Public Pool.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:23:08 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - Priest with a Plan [Day 2]
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2012, 08:57:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2012, 09:25:21 am »

I was away for the better part of yesterday, but I'm glad I came around and voted him. I'll probably not be able to post this weekend, or in the short time I will have I'll it's answer questions.

@UI: D: you died! The repeated failure to deliver got me to vote.

@Book:like you said, a lot of what looked scummy as looked like new tells. After that tantrum about five questions it was clear he had given up covering for himself.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2012, 09:34:03 am »

Correction- there are nine items in the public pool.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:22:52 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2012, 04:42:42 pm »

Huh, guess I was wrong about Mr. D.

Also a Serial Killer and a Lyncher in the first cycle, nice.

Rereading. I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow to actually post something.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2012, 05:28:28 pm »

Scelly: Why did you do no scumhunting D1?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2012, 01:26:59 pm »

Play mafia with me guys...  :'(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2012, 03:46:42 pm »

Play mafia with me guys...  :'(

Nothing personal. It's just the weekend. :P

I actually realized that I probably won't have time for a proper post until Monday or Sunday night at the earliest. I have an annual croquet tournament that I have to maintain my championship in.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2012, 03:50:46 pm »

Quote from: NF
Nothing personal. It's just the weekend.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2012, 03:03:42 am »

Hmmm... While lynching scum D1 is satisfying, his flipping SK was less informative than I had hoped. Specifically, it doesn't clear IronyOwl's attack on him as it would have had he flipped mafia. That still rubs me the wrong way. Specifically, his tone, his insistence on the 7/10 odds thing, whether the ignored questions were five or a hundred, and so on. He said the right things, though, and Mr.D was surely scummy; so not much to hang a case on, but his attitude seemed scummy to me.

Imiknorris flipping lyncher means Toaster got... creative with the alignment distribution. Probably too soon to figure out what that means, though.

I second zombie's request for scelly9 to be more active, explain his actions D1, and answer a couple of questions: other than Mr.D, who was scummy D1? What do you think now of Irony's attack on Mr.D? What's your read on Dariush and Hapah?

NativeForeigner: "Nice"? Odd of you to say that. Why that choice of sentiment? What do you think you've learned from it? You ended the day voting IronyOwl, do you think he's scum?

Hapah:
[Book]I mean, he gives out just about all the resources at hand, explains why what he did was wrong, but then goes on to say that "it's more than he can chalk up to newtells". I'm not trying to discourage you from giving advice, Book (it's good advice!), but your words and your actions don't quite match up to me.
You are deliberately misrepresenting my statements. I clearly said why his lack of knowledge of scumtells was more incriminating (i.e., those who know them know to avoid them). I find it odd that you saw this as significant enough to cast a vote on me when you knew it would have no effect (close to end of day, I wasn't in danger to be hanged); it seems to me instead that you wanted to purposefully distance yourself from voting the more likely targets to hang (Mr.D or BMC) so your vote wouldn't be questioned if they happened to flip town. You basically spent all D1 without committing your vote, and when you did you did it at the last second in a way that you knew wouldn't matter with a made up case. Scummy.

D1 you said "Need hard information to form hard opinions!" Have any yet?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2012, 03:39:35 am »

NF:
Huh, guess I was wrong about Mr. D.

Also a Serial Killer and a Lyncher in the first cycle, nice.
Why did you break the third rule of the mafia? And why did you leave this... feedback if you didn't have time for a proper post, anyway?

Quote from: NF
Nothing personal. It's just the weekend.
You made this post, proving that you were actually reading this thread and hanging around and have been able to make a post, but all that you actually did was quote a crappy excuse. Explain yourself, Hapah.

PPE'd by Bookthras.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2012, 04:09:39 am »

Quote from: Dar
-snip- Explain yourself, Hapah.
Marathon Civ sessions all day. Crashing after this post.

Try to make a post in the morning.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2012, 01:24:49 pm »

Quote from: Book
You are deliberately misrepresenting my statements. I clearly said why his lack of knowledge of scumtells was more incriminating (i.e., those who know them know to avoid them).

If I am misrepresenting them, it is certainly not deliberate. You saw a scum dropping huge tells, I saw a newbie without anyone to keep him in line. I mean, hell, he apologized for an OMGUS and had to ask what the blue text was. I'd say we were both partly right, though you definitely got the better of it.

I find it odd that you saw this as significant enough to cast a vote on me when you knew it would have no effect (close to end of day, I wasn't in danger to be hanged); it seems to me instead that you wanted to purposefully distance yourself from voting the more likely targets to hang (Mr.D or BMC) so your vote wouldn't be questioned if they happened to flip town. You basically spent all D1 without committing your vote, and when you did you did it at the last second in a way that you knew wouldn't matter with a made up case. Scummy.

Any vote I cast at that point would have no effect. I couldn't even tie the vote (and wouldn't want to anyway!) At that point, my options were

A.) Pile another vote onto someone that is almost certain to hang anyway (there was about an hour and a half to go). Not much to be gained here.
B.) Vote no one.
C.) Vote anyone else.

Both B and C are bound to get a response from someone. B could possibly be chalked up to inattention (especially considering my participation up until the end of D1), so I went with C. Considering that it's been Friday and up through now of the weekend and the only pushback I've received was from you and Dar, I'm not quite sure. I was really hoping for a little more discussion.

D1 you said "Need hard information to form hard opinions!" Have any yet?

A couple. I expected some pushback from you, though I didn't expect the vote.

I really don't like that Dar calls out NF for breaking the "third rule" when he did nothing of the sort. How would commenting on the SK we lynched say anything about the night actions? It seems more than a little jumpy on Dar's part.

Dar: Could you comment on the line above? And where is the list of "rules" located? (A quick look around here and on the wiki didn't turn anything up)

I don't like that you and Dar each have a vote and a FoS on me and Native.

And with two confirmed 3rd parties already, you said it best: I'm sure Toaster got creative with the role distribution.

I didn't proofread this one much, so if someone doesn't make sense just let me know.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2012, 06:43:53 pm »

Scelly: Why did you do no scumhunting D1?
I've been busy the past five or six days. Also, every time I did have time to post, it seemed like the arguments I came up with had already been said, and I found no reason to repeat them.

I second zombie's request for scelly9 to be more active
Yeah, sorry about that.

Other than Mr.D, who was scummy D1?
BMC, mostly because of the "We'll never lynch scum first day" attitude and the fearfulness.

What do you think now of Irony's attack on Mr.D?
I think it was a bit of an over-reaction, considering most of his tells where also newb tells. However, it was based on a good case, so it's not a thing I'm worried about.

What's your read on Dariush and Hapah?
Dar seems a bit jumpy, but that could just be his rage. I find that I nearly always see him jumpy. Hapah I think is town, I haven't seen any major scumminess.

There will be more coming soon, once my relatives leave.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 5 - The Crown of the Keeper [Day 1]
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2012, 07:44:08 pm »

Vote Count:

Bookthras:
Hapah: Bookthras
NativeForeigner: Dariush
Dariush:
blackmagechill:
Scelly9: zombie urist
zombie urist:
IronyOwl:

Not voting: Hapah, NativeForeigner, blackmagechill, Scelly9, IronyOwl

Day 2 will last until Wednesday, 8/1 at 11 PM EST.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18