Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 7: Saving Lives of Rats and Renegades  (Read 20762 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 5: Crimes Against Nature
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2012, 03:54:07 pm »

"I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE!"
Use flames from nest eliminate rats, If we win grab the staff.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 10, 2012, 04:00:55 pm »

Murkal will try and stand up, and then stagger on-wards...Tentacle demon-women are NEVER a good thing.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2012, 04:22:30 pm »

"Sorry. It's your crime against nature, I'll leave it that way."

Block the rats circulation by expanding the blood vessels with magic. Take those bodies and stick them on the cat, for later use.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2012, 04:06:00 pm »

Use Water magic to cool down the water! Atleast, attempt to do such. Spontaneous Magic is so much fun!

Sorry for my lack of posting, been busy with RL stuff >.<
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2012, 04:32:36 pm »

"You hound! You demon! You shall pay for imprisoning these innocents and setting them alight!"

Ardimis, in his ignorant ways, fireballs the Water Mage. Again.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:43:26 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2012, 04:36:24 pm »

Shurale's Touch the fire mage.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2012, 11:06:45 am »

~Bump~
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2012, 09:51:39 pm »

PAWNCH Bump.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2012, 05:15:49 pm »

One last bump.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 6: Run, Murkal, Run
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2012, 10:01:18 am »

[Turn 6: Run, Murkal, Run]

Del was patient. Things could change here...

But he didn't want Raven to be hurt if they didn't. There was some part of him-not even being controlled-that didn't want that to happen. Maybe it was hope. Hope she could be...that they could be...once he was free...

Action: Prepare to defend Lady Raven if the deal goes sour. Concentrate on countering all attacks against her or myself.

The drunkard gives a long, shrill scream and sprints up the stairs. [Del: 3] [Raven: 1] vs. [Murkal: 5] He is running fast. Very fast. Dangerously fast, even. Raven's new tentacles seem to get in her way of moving, and you lose sight of the guy after he pulls off the crazy trick with leaping off the bar stand and pulling himself to the second floor.

By the time you ascend the stairs to the second floor, your target has already disappeared in one of the rooms, and you're not sure in which one. [Perception: 5] One of the doors is slightly open. You peek through the crack, and sure enough, the guy is sitting in the branches just outside, unaware of you.

Spoiler: Dwarmin/Del Vundi (click to show/hide)

Murkal will try and stand up, and then stagger on-wards...Tentacle demon-women are NEVER a good thing.

[Roll Against Mind Control: 6, 4] [Staggering Onwards: 5] You try to keep your cool and slowly but surely walk away from the woman, very careful not to break eye contact... nah, just kidding.
Half-mad from the fear of what tentacle demons usually do to their victims, you turn around and blindly sprint to the first floor. This time, you seem to reach the top of the stairs just fine; hell, by the time you've ascended you have enough momentum to leap onto the bar stand and from it - straight to the second floor. Another mad dash and a short flight from the window, and you're safely sitting in the branches of the same tree you used to get inside.

Fresh air has never tasted so sweet before. You'd hang around some more and catch your breath, but the tree is starting to smolder where the orange stains touch it and you think you need to get going before the tentacle witch finds you. Where will you go now?

Spoiler: Caerwyn/Murkal (click to show/hide)

Did my cat seriously get five extra magnitude levels? AWESOME.

Did you just make him lose his cactusy powers? NOT AWESOME.

My cat now has regeneration? AWESOME.

"The hell was that for?! Put the needles back! The name loses the pun otherwise!"

Put the needles back.

Nidle: Fury swipes!

[Derm, Flesh Lv2: 6; 3] A touch of your magic seems to trigger Nidlle's "needles-out" response, and his skin instantly becomes as cactus-y as it was before.

[Niddle, Claw Lv1: 6; 1] vs. [Rat, Lv1 Bite: 4] The rat Niddle's fighting grabs another bite out of him, this time biting off the front paw. [Roll to Chew Needles And Spit Threads: 3] It doesn't seem to mind the stingy consistency of his flesh. It then passes out, but you think that's more due to Mehrik's spell rather than your cat's needly awesomeness.
[Regeneration Lv1: 4] Nidlle's front paw grows back - slightly lighter-colored than it was before, but still functional.

Spoiler: dermonster/Derm (click to show/hide)

"I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE!"
Use flames from nest eliminate rats, If we win grab the staff.

[Bruce, Fire Lv2: 2] Unfortunately, your attempt to turn the nest into an impromptu flamethrower barely produces a harmless sputter of flame in their general direction. Because of that, you don't feel like yelling about HELLFIRE just yet.

[Roll to Get Ye Staff: 5] You snatch the iron staff from the burning pile of trash. Surprisingly enough, the metal's not blisteringly hot like it should be, but the crystal gives you a painful zap when you try to wipe it against your robes. [Lore: 2+1] Seems like the rod's heat and the crystal's charge are somehow magically connected; however, you're not at all sure how and why someone would do that.

"Sorry. It's your crime against nature, I'll leave it that way."

Block the rats circulation by expanding the blood vessels with magic. Take those bodies and stick them on the cat, for later use.
[Spellcrafting, Flesh Lv1: 5] You develop an exceptionally strong spell to , something that can affect several targets at once and could even kill things outright if made powerful enough.
[Mehrik, Flesh Lv1: 6; 5] Unfortunately, you - completely unintendedly - pour just a tiny little bit of an enormous excess of energy into the spell, and it spirals out of control, nearly killing the rats. They look like they'll die very soon if they don't get some healing.

Rats 2, 4 now Unconscious, with Lv1 Internal Wounds, and stuck onto Nidlle's needles.

All rats defeated!

Spoiler: Spinal_Taper/Mehrik (click to show/hide)

Use Water magic to cool down the water! Atleast, attempt to do such. Spontaneous Magic is so much fun!

Sorry for my lack of posting, been busy with RL stuff >.<

[Spellcrafting, Lv1: 3] [Nathair, Lv0 Water: 5] You cause the water to splash out of the cauldron and smother out the fires, and then force some of its heat into the air. The cauldron should be as hot as a freshly-made bath now.

Cauldron Totally Cool, Man.

"You hound! You demon! You shall pay for imprisoning these innocents and setting them alight!"

Ardimis, in his ignorant ways, fireballs the Water Mage. Again.

[Ardimis, Fire Lv2: 6+1-2] You suddenly feel an absolutely agonizing itch in your lower back, but your amazing heroic willpower allows you to finish the spell and throw your fireball with dignity.
It strikes the thrice-damned water mage straight in the face and explodes with the sweetest, most delicious-sounding 'KABOOM!' you've heard in a month, wreathing both him and his witch companion in bright yellow flames.

[Roll Against Wounds: 1] Ouch. Ouchouchouchouchouch! Your being on fire is now starting to be really painful! You think your hair is on fire, too.

Spoiler: Orb/Ardimis Maximus (click to show/hide)

Shurale's Touch the fire mage.
[Vira, Lv1 Flesh: 5] Your spell works beautifully, nearly compelling the burning mage to scratch his butt, but instead of doing so he makes a funny face and throws another fireball, a bright yellow one, at Cohen.
The fireball pops open and the flames break out of it with a deafening roar. You, unfortunately, are hit by the explosion every bit as hard as Cohen is.

Now Apprentice Flesh Mage

Spoiler: IronyOwl/Vira (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Burly
Oh, this tricky son of a bitch! Carve him u- OH SHIT TENTACLES! Forget the mage, counter-attack the source of the tentacles!

[Flesh Golem, Lv1 Grappling: 4] vs. [Burly, Axe Lv3: 3+2] Another batch of tentacles shoots out of the doorway and wraps itself around the mighty warrior's leg, but Burly chops them off with a swing of his axe. Some blood starts leaking out of the stumps, but not nearly as much as you'd expect.

Spoiler: Burly (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Cohen
Heal myself and request extraction ASAP.
[Healing Potion Lv3: 4] Your hand finds the healing potion in your pouch and you drink it as soon as you can. The wound on your leg mends and you feel some of your organs start working again.

Alright, this has gone on for too long. You'll need to get out of there, fast.
Cohen: "Morul, we need rescue NOW! The invaders- AAAAAAAAUGH!"
A fireball strikes you in the face and cuts you off mid-sentence. It feels like even your glasses are melting from the heat of that explosion; your goatee is definitely a goner.
Morul: "Ouch. Even I felt that. Already on my way, will pick you up in a minute."
Well, thanks, you guess. You'll just try not to die before he does.

Spoiler: Cohen (click to show/hide)

I believe I owe you guys an apology. Despite all the bumps in here, I wasn't so sure if I was up to the challenge of getting anywhere near the RTD subforum AND getting away from it for long enough to actually study, so I tried not to participate in any RTDs at all.

Then Irony hosted his Doomed Wizards and I found out that, in fact, I had no choice in whether to kick the addiction or not. So... studying-related fear of having no time will (probably) no longer prevent the players from having their turns. Let the games begin! Again!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:13:46 am by HmH »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2012, 11:47:16 am »

Clead off Nidle. To the pub!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2012, 11:49:19 am »

"Mwhahahahaha"
Point the staff at the dead rats, put some heat into the staff and see what happens.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:06:07 pm by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2012, 11:55:59 am »

"Bruce! You moron, don't shoot Derms cat!"
Take the rats off, with the help of Derm. Create a small blood clot in each of their brains,then let the nutso fire Mage do what he wants. Follow Derm.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2012, 12:57:53 pm »

Clead off Nidle. To the pub!

[To The Pub: 2] The pub... oh, you're kinda indecisive about this. After all, what pub would you go to?
There's an expensive drinking house called "The Smashed Dragon" close to the Library. Unfortunately, it's mostly populated by the magical equivalent of noblemen, who are too haughty and self-righteous to pay any attention to a Graduate.
There may be a few more-or-less affordable pubs for wage mages and small-time arcane shopkeepers somewhere around the Arcane District, but you'll have to put some effort into searching for them before you find one.
And finally, if you're looking for the sort of a tavern that adventurers would gather in, your best bet would be looking somewhere in the Port District, since this is where most cheap stay-a-night taverns are located.

"Bruce! You moron, don't shoot Derms cat!"
Take the rats off, with the help of Derm. Create a small blood clot in each of their brains,then let the nutso fire Mage do what he wants. Follow Derm.

[Mehrik, Lv1 Flesh: 1] You pluck the rats off of Nidle, but fail to magically euthanize them. They seem to be close to death anyway, so you put them down for Bruce to finish.
On related news, a small mole appears on your left hand.

"Mwhahahahaha"
Point the staff at the unconscious rats, put some heat into the staff and see what happens.

[Bruce, Fire Lv1: 4] This time, your attempt to manipulate fire works quite well: a tongue of fire drags itself out of the burning nest and wraps around your rod like a flamey hurricane.
[Bruce, Staff Lv1: 3] When you point the crystal end of the staff at the rats, nothing happens. When you try to poke one of them, though, the rat jerks with an audible 'bzzt' and stops breathing. That said, the other rat stops breathing too, even though it didn't get zapped.

Giant Rat 2 electrocuted. Giant Rat 4 magically strangled to death.

Iron Staff property revealed: Turns heat into electrical charge and stores it on the crystal, for up to 2 Wound Levels worth of charge. Will discharge when used for attacking; if and only if the attack connects, inflicts the stored Wound Levels onto the target.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2012, 01:02:00 pm »

Just up and haul everybody off to the Port district.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16