Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Staggering Wizards RTD: Turn 7: Saving Lives of Rats and Renegades  (Read 20720 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

Staggering Wizards RTD

Spoiler: Introduction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolls and Magnitude (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wounds and Healing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skill Levels (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Schools of Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Players:
1. dermonster - Derm
2. Spinal_Taper - Mehrik
3. Caerwyn - Murkal
4. Dwarmin - Del Vundi
5. IronyOwl - Vira
6. Orb - Ardimis Maximus
7. Talarion - Nathair Siliar
8. anailater - Bruce Grothinime

Waitlist:
1. Tiruin - Reilin Valinus
2. Theifoftreams - Artr Arctus
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:29:47 pm by HmH »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Staggering Wizards RTD: Join Now!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 05:34:01 pm »

Name: Derm (Who woulda thunk)
Bio: A new wizard, he scoffs at the human form and desires to surpass its current limitations. He took to jogging during his apprenticeship. and is a little faster and healthier than his comrades.
Suppressed Desire: Wants to ascend to a higher state of existence. (EX: Become genetically perfect, and probably ageless in the process.)
Apprentice Skill: Flesh Magic
Novice Skill: Water magic.
Trait:-2 to fisticuffs, +1 to movement, +20 health.
Inventory: Robe of +5 Swag, Spiffy hat. Book entitled 'Guide to the alteration of chromosomes, By R.M.' Ancestral dagger made of magically sensitive metal.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:46:24 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 05:39:17 pm »

Reserve me a spot please.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:39:08 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 05:54:38 pm »

Name: Murkal
Bio: Murkal has the attire, and attitude of a beggar. He wears raggedy clothes, and is more than willing to do a dirty deed for a quick coin.
Suppressed Desire: The ability to control the rules of the universe. He wishes to bend things to his will, do the impossible and tear down any barriers in his way.
Apprentice Skill: Air Magic
Novice Skill: Soul Magic
Trait: Murkal is a pretty calm dude.
Magiaka Extraordinaire: Murkal has a certain affinity for magical gear. Whether it be rings, stones, swords, armor or twigs, he has easier times than most enchanting them, potentially to very lethal levels. He can imbue magic, temporary or permanent, into any such sort of usable object. Potions ahoy! +2 to Enchanting.
Rogue Golems: Sometimes, when Murkal creates a golem, it will go rogue, potentially injuring, or killing, anybody nearby. They can also develop a sort of intelligence, and use this to extract vengeance on all living creatures.
Inventory: Well-made, yet raggedy clothing. A few coins, and a book labelled "Advanced Golemistry for the Apprentice Wizard." His comfy, slightly-enchanted (Just to keep them unscratched and on his face) glasses...Oh, and a bottle full of very fine spirits.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:35:21 am by Caerwyn »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 05:56:52 pm »

Name: Del Vundi
Bio: Del looks to be a medium height male, with bushy brown hair and blue eyes. He seems fairly well travelled-a heavy green cloak and hood covers his fit body, and he carries a roughly mended wooden hilt sword hung on his left hip, and a fiddle on his back. Has all the looks of a vagabond traveler.

Personality wise, He seems to enjoy debate and wordplay-one could say he has a problem with talking too much, and not noticing his surroundings. Del is also something of a charmer-he always seem to have a flower and a song for a pretty lady.

Suppressed Desire: Love
Apprentice Skill: Earth Magic
Novice Skill: Instrument (Fiddle)

Trait:
Charming/+1 Diplomacy
Foolhardy/-1 Perception

Inventory:
Heavy Cloak with Green Hood, open throated white shirt, thick leather pants, high boots with wooden buckles, tri-corner hat.
Old Sword on hip
Rucksack
-Half Eaten Loaf of bread
-Empty Waterskin
Runed Fiddle and Bow (Del uses is much like a wand would be as a magic focus, but with a more effort, and dramatic effect)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:28:35 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 06:12:26 pm »

Name: Vira
Bio: A young witch leaning more towards outright necromancy. She's ambitious but cautious, good traits to have given Soul Magic's limitless potential for both weal and woe.
Suppressed Desire: Servants
Apprentice Skill: Soul Magic
Novice Skill: Flesh Magic
Trait: +40 HP, -2 Grappling
Inventory: Witch Dress, Witch Hat, Gnarled Staff, Black Grimoire of Unpleasant Things, Medical Supplies
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:19:53 pm »

Name: Ardimis Maximus
Bio: Ardimis had always wanted to be a hero. The guy who slays the dragon, frees the town, and has his statue erected in the town plaza. The guy who drinks alcohol all night in the town bar, forms a party that morning, and slays ultimate evil by afternoon, while still under a buzz. He wanted to be that guy.

Unfortunately, he's a little...off. He doesn't always think things through. Old lady's cat in the tree? Burn the tree down. Rat problem? Burn the house down. Insect problem? Burn the field down.
Suppressed Desire: Ardimis wants to be the greatest hero of all, to be admired by all the peasant folk in the land. He wants to slay the biggest dragons, meet with the greatest kings, and overall be known throughout the world for his exploits.
Apprentice Skill: Fire Magic
Novice Skill: Earth Magic
Trait: Heroic: When Ardimis is below 50 HP, he becomes inspired and filled with unnatural determination. He gets a +1 to all rolls that don't involve magic
Socially Oblivious: Ardimis always talks in a low, booming voice, even while inside a closed area. His method of speech is ridiculous and usually tries to emulate stereotypical heroes. "Fear not citizen, Ardimis has come to save the day!" -1 to interaction with NPCs.

Inventory: Blue Cape, Slightly Burnt Clothing. A Bag of Charcoal for Fire Magic.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:14:21 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 06:29:28 pm »

Would like to reserve a place.

Spoiler: Changed Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 04:35:27 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 06:57:48 pm »

Reserve please on kindle will do it in morning, will places be decided by speed or quality?

Or i could ignore myself and do it anyway.

Name: Bruce Grothinime
Bio: Wears glasses, younger than he looks, lost his love when pushed towards magic though he dose love magic too.
Desire: his lost true love.
Apprentice Skill: Fire magic
Novice Skill: Air magic
Traits:
Potty mouth: -1 to speech
Stealthy: +1 to stealth
Grey haired: -1 with the ladies
Agile: +1 to movement rolls
Not street smart: - 1 to intuitionish rolls.
Book smart: +1 to intellectish rolls
Inventory:
Clothes(Robes)
House keys
Unkown address
Frying pan
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:22:23 pm by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »

FFF-

8 reserves already?!

IN//WAITLIST//RESERVE

Until ~5 hours later for mine sheet.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 07:27:24 pm »

Probably watching.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:34:38 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 01:35:48 am »

Hmm. Going to point out a couple issues before I finalize your choices:

1) Caerwyn, your choice is not overpowered: there are very few Luck-based actions. The only reason the characters get a 1/6 chance to fumble every action is because they're drunk and hungover. Your bonus will affect your gambling, choosing where to go and other little ways in which gods may help you out, but not much else.

2) I have counted 6 characters with Fire Magic, 3 with Earth Magic and 1 with Air Magic, none with Water Magic.
I'd like to mention that Fire is good for one thing and one thing only: burning things. Meanwhile, Water can be used to heat things, freeze things, evaporate things, drown things, make things not-drown, et cetera: it's weaker than Fire for the purposes of murderating one's neighbour, but it can also be used for many other problems that Fire is incapable of solving.
Is everyone here absolutely sure about their choice of Fire over Water? I care about it because, frankly, having to describe Fire spells all the time would suck.

3) Four people have penalties to diplomacy and persuasion rolls. Unlike other games, Staggering Wizards will use diplomacy rolls that will save your asses.
If you are caught committing a crime, you will have to either kill all witnesses, which is noisy, bothersome and attracts attention, or persuade them to be silent. When you trade, the prices will depend on your Speechcraft. Getting away with what you did during the Graduation Night will require a bit of persuading unless you enjoy half the city gossiping about you. If you are found hanging from some house's window by your fingers, without your pants, and a couple kids see you, you'll need to explain why they must remain silent.
There are lots of skills you can dump without a second thought in this game. Speechcraft is not one of them.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 01:46:10 am »

I suppose if it really matters I can switch to water.

*Thinks*

Yeah, actually I can think of a few ways that could go really well. I'll switch.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 02:00:21 am »

I can also switch around my character later today. I just thought the idea of a wizard trying to be a superhero, but only ends up burning everything, had the potential to be hilarious.

Yah, I'll switch it up. I have a few ideas already. Just give me about 10 hours to sleep.  :P
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 02:05:48 am »

I can change mine up as well. Are glasses neccesary if air is your novice skill?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16