Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Zombies and huskification and things  (Read 6198 times)

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
Zombies and huskification and things
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:48:49 pm »

So... I just fast-traveled into town and apparently didn't notice the foul fog I walked through. Now my entire party and I are foul fog zombies, spreading fog and turning more humans into zombies as they attack us. And, honestly, while the whole "being undead and opposed to life" thing could put a damper on peaceful loot collection, I am currently in a massive melee of zombies with limbs flying and nobody bleeding or feeling any pain and all I can think is that this is the most metal thing I have ever seen.

So, can someone fill me in on the disadvantages of being undead? I know all undead syndromes are a little different, but I think most things are the same.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Zombies and huskification and things
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:32:39 pm »

As one of the husk/thrall/zombies from a fog/mist/dust/etc., you can only be killed by a few things. Your most likely cause of death would be decapitation or bisection, followed by being frozen in a river. You no longer need your brain to survive.

If you can shove any items that have contamination on them from the fog into a container where they are safe from the rain, you could return with a future adventurer and get the option of choosing to become a foul fog zombie. This is similar to the "waterskin of vampire blood" tactic. You'd be able to train attributes as a living person, and become undead whenever it becomes necessary.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:41:48 pm »

Hm... interesting. Thanks, I guess that isn't so bad!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 10:04:15 pm »

I'm not sure if anythings changed since DFVD but the most extensive husk science I've seen suggests you are now basically the literal manifestation of fear and pain. Your attributes are all buffed and you are no longer capable of feeling pain, the effects of blood loss, or even having your brain destroyed. It's very likely your army of husks is the single most deadly thing in your world. 

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 07:01:07 am »

I'm not sure if anythings changed since DFVD but the most extensive husk science I've seen suggests you are now basically the literal manifestation of fear and pain. Your attributes are all buffed and you are no longer capable of feeling pain, the effects of blood loss, or even having your brain destroyed. It's very likely your army of husks is the single most deadly thing in your world.

If this isn't a counter to being OHK by crossbow-wielding bastards, I don't know what is.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 12:29:41 pm »

Hm. I've been trying to play a zombie-hunting paladin rp-type character. I genned a pocket world that was mostly evil, set up a "paladin sanctuary" fortress and abandoned it, and sallied forth, not quite realizing that all the "zombies" genned by an evil zone would actually be husks. Hoshit.

I eventually got turned by wandering into a cloud, and let me tell you... it took 3 huskified camels kicking various parts of my body off - I don't think I had any limbs left at the end of it - before one finally took my head. Dear christ are husks tanky.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 02:14:44 am »

If this isn't a counter to being OHK by crossbow-wielding bastards, I don't know what is.

I think husks can't be killed at all by enemy archers.

I've never found a husking cloud as an adventurer (or any evil weather, for that matter), even when wandering in evil regions. Any tips?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 05:45:35 am »

I've never found a husking cloud as an adventurer (or any evil weather, for that matter), even when wandering in evil regions. Any tips?

Advanced worldgen lets you set the number of evil weather, cloud, and regional interaction (zombie everything) types. Setting the others to 0 means all evil regions will have thrall clouds.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 12:26:45 pm »

a tip from the story of Salore Flowerpetals, Werelizard Husk.
hide in a murky pool and wait for the mist, take a test subject Companion to see just what the mist does.

(can you be a were-necro-vampire-thing?)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

weedeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 02:44:26 pm »

I know that you can become a vampire necromancer, although I think it is important to be a vampire first? Interactions between different night creature afflictions have not been documented, as far as I know.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 06:11:08 am »

No joke. Ramp up the max velocity of a crossbow till it serves as a sub orbital ion cannon, and the husks still get back up.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 07:59:54 am »

I wonder if you could do that.

I suddenly feel like making a metal 5 times as massive as slade, and 10 times as sharp as candy.
Then making an arrow out of it, and firing it from a crossbow at point blank range.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 10:06:17 am »

The +stupidnamium bolt+ strikes the fog husk swordsman in the head, pulverizing the skull and liquifying the brain.
The +stupidnamium bolt+ has lodged in the wound
The fog husk swordsman has been shot and killed collapsed into a singularity.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 10:19:31 am »

Husks are the incarnation of awesome. I'm going to tell a little story of something I did a few weeks ago. I had started out with a Demigod adventurer. After some time, a couple of hundred notable kills, having learnt the Secret and such, I stumbled upon a non-hostile bandit camp. I saw a female bandit, had big muscles and such so I figured, well, I'll recruit her, see if she's any useful. Also to test how bandit followers react to other civilizations, and vice verse.
Anyway, after just a couple of fights, in which she surprisingly enough slaughtered no less than five armed soldiers in a keep, without taking a scratch, I decide to have a look and notice that, shit, she's become a Swordsmaster! One hell of a bandit woman I picked up, obviously, even if she's got a Silver Longsword. Anyway, I decide that she is now my bodyguard.
About fifty dead soldier and not a scratch later, I decide that her stats are good enough. So I find an evil swamp and uh, well, I find some heinous fog. I don't enter it, but she starts chasing some raven husks chilling in the fog.

Short story shorter, I now had a high stat Swordmaster husk bodyguard with +200 notable kills. She could chip BC's with her silver longsword (although I did have to savescum once, after I was killed by a web-shooting Spider Titan), slaughter entire fortresses without a nick. Well, she did get some hits, her back broke, arm was twisted, nothing big for a husk. I wasn't too careful since I'd savescummed, since this was all just an experiment and we were both already dead as far as I was concerned. I decided to go after the local deity. I resurrected no less than FOUR Titans and a Roc that we had killed, became a Husk myself and headed out. Then in one little village, it happened.

She turned on me. I don't know why. We were both busy killing innocent civilians when all of a sudden, she calls me out. I'm like, "Bitch what?" and think there's some sort of mistake. I mean, we were tight, we had a history of hundreds of goblins and soldiers and half a dozen titans. So she just waltzes up to me, in a casual husk-like way, and sticks her silver sword right though my brain. I figure that now it's on, and try to give back. I'm also a Swordsmaster, but she gets lucky and before I know it I'm missing a leg. Then goes my swordarm, and then my other hand! I'm starting to get a little worried now. Through a stroke of luck I manage to catch her sword with my arm somehow, and take her sword away.

Now you gotta understand that when two unarmed husks are fighting, it's not stopping anytime soon. Soon we both lay there in a pool of mud and blood, surrounded by corpses. Undead titans and skeletal rocs are tearing apart villagers in the dozens around us while we are on the ground, kicking and biting each other into broken sacks of bone. After in-game hours we've bitten off any less durable limbs involved in this scrap - legs, arms, ears, noses. There we lay, biting and tearing and pushing, with gigantic undead monstrosities guarding our eternal struggle.

I saved then, and haven't loaded it since. I like to imagine that they're still there, trying to best one another.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 10:25:21 am »

It's official.  Husks are the new Spawn of Holistic. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2