Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92143 times)

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #615 on: August 07, 2012, 04:46:49 am »

Hope that's okay, I didn't actually find any ruleset yet, where can I read up on those?

Player: Pandemix
Position: Ranger Lieutenant
Full Name: (Sir) Lieutenant  Elyrion Ashantir

Description: 36, Black hair, Blue Eyes, Stands 5'9 tall, mostly seen in the dark brown cloaks of the rangers with a chainmail underneath.

Bio: Elyrion was born into the north of the country, his father being a low-grade noble without lands who was roaming the country as a free knight an dhis mother a commoner, he is still not a bastard though as his father legitimately married his mother, noones knows why he would do such a thing effectively lowering his state in the society by not going in any political bonds. However, he continued to roam the lands searching for opportunities to increase his rank and maybe gain a fief. He grew up in this travelling society until his father was hired by the current ruler of the Northwatch (If that's okay for that player).

His further life was pretty much the same as the one of every male noble, learning the rules of court and training with the weapons of a knight soon followed, Elyrion showed exceptional skill in the use of swords, especially in the use of a sword and a dagger as a defensive weapon which is a not very often seen combination these days, many people preffering a actual shield. His skills in the usage of a bow are a bit more than decent.

As his father had no fief himself and not much money he could not equip Elyrion to live the life of a noble like he did himself, altough the pay was good it would still not be enough. In this current time threat of the north was a thing spoken about very often, and plans to set up local militia units in villages to stand up against this thread were quickly becoming load. Elyrion decided this was his chance and requested to be put in command of such a militia unit. His request was accepted, temporarily though to see how he would perform, and so he travelled to the village of Reithan  to train the local volunteers. His unit was the most northern of any of the units.

THey have been granted a village in the far-north, the village of Reithan, their original recruitment place to supply themselves and have since then been the defenders of the north in varous skirmishes. In recent time they have been more or less forgotten, Elyrion is now serving the Ranger Captain of the North as the commander of a local unit.

Traits:
Two Hand fighting style: +1 on melee related attack rolls with swords

Respectable person: Both the age of Elyrion and his appeareance grant him a +1 bonus on respect related things such as listening to suggestions.

Army:
Rangers (Infantry I)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:52:49 am by Pandemix »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 07, 2012, 04:59:15 am »

Wiki magic!

1. The exact same position (Ranger Captain of Northwatch) has already been taken. Mind serving Osport  ;D? Well that, or your subservient to adwarf.
2. Your combined traits, holdings and units put you at a cost of around 6-7 ducats. For reference, all characters are limited to three. A holding implies nobility (which is a trait) and your ranger militia by itself takes up 3 ducats.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:02:11 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 07, 2012, 05:05:49 am »

Edited to serve the current Ranger Captain as commander of a local ranger force stationated in the far north.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 07, 2012, 05:08:49 am »

Well now your sheet looks better...but I'm sure that the militia STILL costs 2 ducats. 1d for upgrade, 1d for the actual unit. Tough, eh?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 07, 2012, 05:10:10 am »

Uhh..what upgrade?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 07, 2012, 05:11:29 am »

Archer 1.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 07, 2012, 05:12:54 am »

Kay. Reducing that to simple Infantry I then, there is a way of upgrading them later, right?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 07, 2012, 05:15:22 am »

Yeah, spending ducats.

EDIT: Just a piece of advice; there is an upkeep cost to units, including the first.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:25:03 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 07, 2012, 05:27:49 am »

OK since Dwamrin has continuosly forgot about me is it OK if I just say the conversation carried on and my character just stayed in local inns for the duration of recent events mourning his families fourtunes?

And might I say, WOW, we have a lore thread

Perhaps you can quote your post, to help out?

We'd have to if we wanted more land, and since we are all pretty equal it's not like a civil war would abrupt any time soon, now if we had new land to quarrel over, then they're might be some in-fighting, though probably covert and of the sneaky lies and rumor variety, though you may get some work.

Also it appears dwarmin's doing that thing again.
Dwarmin's thing is King.  :P

Also...wow, I now have PC Vassals. Hurrah!

And Kestrel, I rolled for information just so you'd know, I was undecided on what stance the person you were speaking to would give.  :P

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 07, 2012, 05:32:34 am »

Why not (I'm assuming you mean on the play thread)

However it would seem out of time.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:34:52 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 07, 2012, 05:34:45 am »

Why not (I'm assuming you mean on the play thread)
Yes, I mean quote your action//last request and post it up here if it was lost, or link it using the url option.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 07, 2012, 05:36:02 am »

Crap, I put it on the play thread

Here it is
Galhard reacted as if he had been struck, his once noble hous redused to bandits and housewives, impossible, "Are you, sure? I mean surley there must be something left aside from myself."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:53:32 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 07, 2012, 07:13:33 am »

Two problems, Pandemix:

-A sargeant is too low in grade to command a regiment.
-You may not have much to do up north unless you actively participate in politics... Which may be hard to do for a foot soldier

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 07, 2012, 07:17:53 am »

Two problems, Pandemix:

-A sargeant is too low in grade to command a regiment.
-You may not have much to do up north unless you actively participate in politics... Which may be hard to do for a foot soldier
Pande, you could speak to the reigning marquis there. Surely he has a mission you'd want!  :P

But, yes. Agreeing with Shoot. Not much to do at the current springtime in the chilly cold north.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 07, 2012, 08:15:58 am »

Come on, fellows. It's all well and good to say something might not work, but then you should at least present an alternative.

-As mentioned, sergeant is a rather low rank to play; perhaps beefing yourself up to a knight (following in your father's footsteps) would be better.

-It can be very, very tempting to join the game on the outskirts of civilization, and focus on external, NPC threats. Resist this temptation! No one will blame you (OOC) if you show up in the middle of the nation, ruining their plans. The game is about interaction between players, and to a certain degree this requires geographical proximity.
So serving the northwatch is okay- but serving in the northenmost of the northwatch's northern outposts... is probably not. Maybe move your character closer to home, or, heck, have him serve the Marquis directly: errand-knight may not be the most glamorous of positions, but it'll be sure to get you work, and plenty of opportunities to interact with others (and maybe arrange for a promotion).
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 111