Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 91963 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 06:56:18 pm »

Just a small question which is really quite stupid: this being a so-called time of chilvary, is everyone actually chivalrous?
Imagine Game of thrones chivalry
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 06:56:56 pm »

Just a small question which is really quite stupid: this being a so-called time of chilvary, is everyone actually chivalrous?

Don't be silly.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 06:59:58 pm »

may as well sign up, this time i will try very very hard to stay active!
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 07:02:06 pm »

I did say it was a stupid question.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 07:06:22 pm »

I'm actually a pretty good guy yeah.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 07:07:53 pm »

I'm actually a pretty good guy yeah.

LYING IS A SIN!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 07:15:11 pm »

Player: Azthor.
Position: Marquis of Drachengrab.
Full Name: Rakom Tengram of Lorvese.
Description: 76, average build, bald , brown eyes, caucasian, short full grey beard. Wears plain robes.
Bio:
Traits/Skills:
- Spymaster 1: +1 to espionage rolls.
- Subterfuge 1: +1 to counter detection rolls.

(Incomplete)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:25:53 pm by Azthor »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 07:47:25 pm »

Player: Criptfeind
Position: Marquis of Ardrics Garden and OathBreaker Fort.
Full name: Henry Conricht The Second

Bio: Henry Conricht is a fairly distant relative to the current ruler. As his father (Henry Conricht The First) and Arvin Conricht were cousins. When Arvin Defeated the southerners and took the crown he awarded a plot of land to his cousin. When Arvin died Henry the First was shocked that his wife took power, and was a vocal opponent to her and even started thinking of a rebellion. Until the rumors reached the Iron Queen. Within days Henry the First found that possible allies no longer responded to his messages. Reports from spys he has placed around the kingdom stopped coming in. Mercenaries that he has been in talks with suddenly disappeared into the country side.

He received a simple letter on Royal stationary. It simply stated that the old keep of Oathbreaker Fort was uninhabited and that the crown was looking to sell the land to a noble house. For a outrageous sum. Henry knew he was defeated, his life was only spared because of his relationship with the dead king. His also knew the price of disobedience would be the removal of this protection. Henry was forced to sell all his other assets and to move to the edge of the country where he could do no harm. A traitor was out of the way and the royal treasury was enlarged. In only a short few years he died, leaving Oathbreaker Fort and the surrounding lands to his young son Henry Conricht The Second.

Henry grew up not knowing his father or the treachery that had moved his family the outpost on the edge of the kingdom. When he grew of age and took over the running of his lands he proved somewhat adept his governece combined with a shrewd marriage saw his lands grow from a tiny fort to a respectable holding. This relative wealth allowed him buy his way back into the court. Once back in civilization he learned of the cause of his fathers exile. He was at first angry over the Queens actions, but came to realize that they were most likely needed for the stability of the realm. At the court he proved to be a exceptional diplomat, and he proceed to procure himself a place as a royal diplomat.

Now with the Queen Retiring and a new King he finds himself conflicted. Lately he has had thoughts about where the crown would have been if his father succeeded... But he is still loyal to the crown and hoping to advance his career among the royal diplomats.
Traits or resources: Nobility. -1d
Diplomacy 1: +1 to diplomacy rolls -1d
Defense 1: +2 to defending
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:30:50 pm by Criptfeind »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 08:12:38 pm »

Player: Elfeater
Position: Displaced Nobleman
Full name: Mathias of Tearsbrook
Bio: Mathias lived the life a a petty nobleman's son, his father died, and he inherited the small estate of Tearsbrook. After a few years of some bandits began harassing the small village. He trained a group of loyal men, and set off into the forest to put the bandits down. When he returned from a unsuccessful hunt, he found a man he had outlawed years before for poaching in the kings woods, he had been gathering support, and had taken control of the village. The outlaw had hired the thugs to help him muscle Mathias out. The bandits, entrenched in the town were not dislodged after multiple assaults. By the time dawn broke the next day, the outlaws had gathered many peasants to their cause, through intimidation, and bribery. With these reinforcements they drove Mathias and his troops away. As he wandered looking for allies, he made his way to Stormstead. His coat of arms is a Water Drop on a black field.
Traits or resources:
Unit of infantry
Skilled fighter: +1 to combat
1 ducat

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 08:13:48 pm »

Example battle:

On a cold morning of spring, a Northerner cavalry force serving the Conricht family crossed Eastwatch's bridges and arrived at the gates of Altaregia, south of Shipbreaker Isle. While they hoped to pillage the city, they were surprised to see a Southerner army leave the gates and go into position in the field, to meet them in a pitched battle and spare the city of any further atrocities. Both generals were confident that they would win; however, only one could come out of this day victorious.

Northerner forces:
4 Berserker Cavalry regiments: 16 strength, 4 tactics, attempt to split one unit (strength 4 or below, strongest fitting in that category) every round
Southerner forces
3 Cavalry regiments, 1 Heavy I regiment and 1 Archer 1 regiment: 12 strength, 3 tactics, attempt to flank every round

Therefore, Northerners roll their tactics with +1 and southerners, -1.

Battle begins.
Round 1:
Tactics:
N: 4+1
S: 5-1
Both succeed, 1 southern cavalry regiment fights alone

4+16 vs 6+3+1 [Roll + Strength vs Roll + Strength + Flank]
Southern Cavalry regiment No 1 takes two damage, 1 hp remaining

3+16 vs 2 + 9 + 1
Southern Cavalry regiment No 2 takes two damage, 1 hp remaining

Round 2:
Tactics:
N: 3+1
S: 4-1
Both succeed. Southern Cavalry regiment keeps on fighting alone.

2+16 vs 2+3+1
Southern Cavalry regiment No 1 is destroyed.

5+16 vs 1+9+1
Southern Cavalry regiment No 2 is destroyed.

Round 3:
Tactics:
N:3+3 (Bonus changes because two southern cav. regiments are wiped out)
S:4-3
Flank fails, split unit succeeds. Last southern cav regiment fights alone.

6 + 16 vs 5 + 3 -1 [Failed flank gives -1]
Last southern cav regiment takes 2 damage, 1 hp left

4 + 16 vs 6 + 3 - 1
Heavy I unit take 2 damage, is destroyed

Round 4:
Tactics:
N:5 + 3
S:5 - 3
Flank fails. Last southern cav unit fights alone.

5 + 16 vs 2 + 3 -1
Southern cavalry unit is destroyed.

4 + 16 vs 3 + 1 - 1
Archer unit is destroyed.

The Battle is over.

------------

In a short an brutal battle, the southern general watched astonishingly as the northern cavalry, inferior in numbers but superior in mobility, picked apart the southern troops and massacred them one by one, ignoring the enemy attempting to get against their flank (and often failing, as the southern cavalry started to get torn into bloody bits by the bloodthirsty northerners). Citizens of Altaregia watched with despair as their defending forces got massacred. The victorious horsemen moved in to occupy the city instead of looting it, as had been their intentions. The northern general was named a war hero; two weeks later, a southern army counter attacked by wiping out his army and putting his head on a spike, then set Shipbreaker Isle on fire and ruined most of Eastwatch. The War of the Hounds kept on going, and this one battle was quickly forgotten by most men.

-------------

Alright, students. What did we learn here today?

Also, Cript, it's alright - you can even change the second trait to simply "+2 strength when defending". Diplomacy will be used as charisma.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:16:10 pm by Shootandrun »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 08:15:54 pm »

Player: Elfeater
Position: Displaced Nobleman
Full name: Mathias of Tearsbrook
Bio: Mathias lived the life a a petty nobleman's son, his father died, and he inherited the small estate of Tearsbrook. After a few years of some bandits began harassing the small village. He trained a group of loyal men, and set off into the forest to put the bandits down. When he returned from a unsuccessful hunt, he found a man he had outlawed years before for poaching in the kings woods, he had been gathering support, and had taken control of the village. The outlaw had hired the thugs to help him muscle Mathias out. The bandits, entrenched in the town were not dislodged after multiple assaults. By the time dawn broke the next day, the outlaws had gathered many peasants to their cause, through intimidation, and bribery. With these reinforcements they drove Mathias and his troops away. As he wandered looking for allies, he made his way to Stormstead. His coat of arms is a Water Drop on a black field.
Traits or resources:
Unit of infantry
Skilled fighter: +1 to combat
1 ducat

Elfeater. You have obviously not learned a thing from all the previous times you played this, and from the second post of the main thread which clearly states you must wait for approval before playing. Atleast I believe you looked at the map. Edit out your post and WAIT until I approve your character. What are your plans with this one?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 08:22:23 pm »

Alright, I am sorry for all the things I did wrong, no need to insult me from the get go though.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 08:28:01 pm »

Still, I must ask. What are your plans with this character?

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 08:57:40 pm »

Just read your post directed at me.

I don't plan on heading of again, not quite sure what my plans are really, but I don't intend on being a loner, since last time that resulted in my loss of interest in YAK, so I was thinking of settling down in windeth as asoilder, but I really am not sure what to do exactly
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:07:29 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 10:09:16 pm »

I'm a dirty liar.

Player: micelus
Position: 'Comte' of Osport
Full name: Osir Revechig III
Bio: Little Osir was raised in his 'ancestral' home of Osport, first established by his grandfather as a rest stop for raiders and later as a fortress from where he would store all his treasures. It was situated in the marshlands that separated the Haegar and Adranic, to hide its location. Osir was raised for years in the art of splitting a man in two and captaining ships, subjects that were the ancestral specialties. For much of his childhood, he imagined to follow in the steps of his father and grandfather, fortifying the town for the good of all Haegar and killing the cowards of the south. But then the Iron Queen came and burnt all his father's ships, killed his father's men, tore down the fortifications, and slaughtered little Osir's family. He was twelve at the time. Strangely enough, the Iron Queen allowed him to live...even leaving Osport to him. Of course, in return, Osir was expected to receive a 'proper education'. He knew he was a hostage however. Never less, he knew resisting was not the smartest thing to do and so he learned the ways of these Adranics, eating their food and worshiping their gods. By the time he reached his majority, he seemed little like a barbarian heathen haegar, and a well-mannered Adranic. Osir guess he did change...but he still yearned for his hearth and for the smell of the seas. Even so, the Iron Queen kept him near, never allowing him too far from the blasted capital, nor even ruling his home from afar. And so, when she finally abdicated, Osir was still in the capital at the age of 31.
Traits or resources:
'Nobility' -1d
Haegar (+1 to diplomacy/charisma rolls with Haegar) -1d
Admiral (+1 to tactics during sea combat) -1d

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:29:33 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111