Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131212 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Winter 937 AAL
« Reply #1350 on: November 02, 2012, 10:44:31 am »

"Perhaps my Lord, but schemes need time to make, time we do not have. I will got to recall the scouts and have them bring ever person they can from the villages, or at least convince the people to flee for a time being to safer places. The Band is at your command, be it a hundred or ten thousand we will crush them here."

With the Trent turned, a slight glare of hatred passing over the mercenaries, and made his way out of the keep to give orders.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 02, 2012, 10:50:37 am »

"Very well then Marquis, We'll get to work then." With that, the mercs started to leave the throne room, ready to begin operations...

The drakefangs sneak out the castle during the night, hoping to slip by the besieging army's lines.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 02, 2012, 11:55:34 am »

((Of course, the Haegar are already gathered around our area - the villages are empty and all that and now this reminds me of LoTR.

Blargh. DX))

"Our last stand holds at Northwatch Keep, mind you we fight for all of our people. They will kill women and children as well as the elderly - every person who can wield a weapon must fight. We are in desperate times."

He nodded to Adrien and dismissed the man before turning back to his own pavilion. There was a letter with the mark of Osir on it, and surprisingly, his second. The very man who asked for refuge in his own lands.

"My dear friend. Requesting a meeting as you come upon my lands, bearing weapons suitable for war and death other than hunt and mirth." Thinking on the topic, Haegar huntsmen were no different from warriors...

"And you want me alone, hmm? Let's see your definition of Honor, then."

Renart strode out of his camp, looking once to the keep and ordering the people - armored or civilian - to follow the directions of his soldiers as final, last minute preparations were made before getting a white cloth and improvising it as his pinion, thinking that the white flag would communicate better than his words at a crowd of heathens.

They were alone. Only with one band of mercenaries and nobody from the outlying lands for aid. Northwatch stood alone - serving its purpose as a first barrier against the Haegar. But he feared, it would not be enough to stop this tide of death.

Proceed to Osir's camp, alone and armed only with my heirloom spear and a white pinion, including my family crest and shield.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:29:11 pm by Tiruin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 03, 2012, 03:22:59 am »

"Renart...we do not meet on the best of circumstances."

Osir paused to look at Sigurd, who nodded back. He continued, if in a slightly more sombre tone.

"I offer you a chance to surrender. Disarm the keep and your men and I will only take you into custody; your men will keep their heads. I'd let you go too, but I truly doubt the Regent would be pleased with that...If you don't, I'm afraid I'll have take your keep Renart, and kill every man who stay with you. Decide wisely."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 03, 2012, 04:57:17 am »

Renart held his spear calmly, now in the midst of his enemies.

"And what of the rest of Windheath? Will you give them the same chance you have given me?"

He took a deep breath before he continued. His thoughts drawn on how many people his eyes did see - from eye to eye, a mass of camps and men, war machinery being constructed and weaponry being sharpened.

They were more than he had ever thought.

"Why have you given me this chance, Osir? And what have you, Sigurd?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 03, 2012, 06:37:04 am »

Osir looked Renart straight in the eyes and answered.

"That depends on what they do, Renart. If they oppose me and my mission, then they will have to be crushed and their homes razed...otherwise, I see little reason to fight, it's but a waste of time in my view. I only want the head of the traitor prince, that is all."

Osir looked to Sigurd. He seemed to be waiting thinking himself. His second-in-command was quite dangerous, now that Osir thought about. Something to think about.

'Renart, I don't want to fight you. Besieging your keep would be but a waste of time and truly you cannot think to hold out, just look around you;" Osir raised his hands to the surrounding camp "I have the axes of the North all around me, each with the vigour and ambition to wage war. You're men, as brave as they are, would stand little chance. Save them and their families Renart and surrender Northwatch or even aid me...otherwise I shall have to eradicate all signs that Northwatch ever stood. Still, the choice is yours."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 03, 2012, 07:27:00 am »

Renart continued his questioning, keeping his breathing steady as he was taught by his Father before him in times of decision, especially when pressure was mounted on you, your head must be clear of any confusion.

"Before I give my decision - whether yea or nay - I find it curious that you ask me to either stand by as my fellowmen and people will die, for there will be inevitable death, or to join you in your hunt of this traitor prince. A prince, who I suspect, you have known through only word and rumor.

"Enlighten me, Osir, for I know that you are no man of cunning or deceit. Let us speak plainly like we did during the Hunt of the Cold Drakes. What is your intent on attacking Windheath during Winter, of all seasons, and who is your target in doing so.

"Why is it of any benefit to you, and what would you plan to do afterwards?"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 03, 2012, 09:10:34 am »

After several days of riding, Ascalon finally was in sight of Stormstead. He rode down to the main bridge, his squire bearing the winged bear and stars of Minstead twenty paces ahead. The banner had been granted to him by old king Arvin himself. Each of the star was a victorious battle during the War of the Hounds.

Without stopping, Ascalon rode to the step of the palace, announced himself and asked for an audience with the Regent.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 03, 2012, 09:17:52 am »

Regent was infomred of a visitor, requesting an audience. And it wasnt a peasant or a burgher this time,rqequesting more firewood or extra rations for his part of the city, but a knight. Regent was intrigued; he didn't get many nobles this time round.

Edgard sat in his chamber, wrapped in furs and with fire roaring in the fireplace. Ascalon was ushered by guards into the chamber.

"Yes, what is it, knight?"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 03, 2012, 09:30:12 am »

Ascalon entered the chamber and was surprised. Audience should not happens in private chambers. However, it was just as true that guests should not comment on their host's behaviour. Without so much as a moment of hesitation, he knelt in front of the Regent.

"I do not think we have met before Sir Edgard, for you were scarcely a toddler when I withdrew from the world. Yet I'm sure you've heard the name of Ascalon of Minstead, for a man of your learning must know everything pertaining to the War of the Hounds, in which I was lucky enough to accomplish some small feats of arms.

For thirty long years I was out of this world and managed my demesne, but some grave news have come to my ear. The peasantfolks whisper that a great host has assembled to the North, ready to plunder and arson our fair countryside. Such a thing cannot be allowed to pass, and if it is in the power of an humble knight to help, perchance gaining some glory on the way, then he cannot hold back.

As such, I have come to put my sword at your service and see where I could be of more effect in the struggle against the Haegar."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 03, 2012, 09:48:21 am »

"Why yes, I recall, your deeds are mentioned along king Arvin and his valiant victory in the war. I am honoured to have you here. Alas, I have little forces to spare at the moment. I will gladly accept any advice you have though. I have some money to spare, and if its possible to hire some men, I will gladly oblige."

Edgard knew that such men as Ascalon are rare and their presence could prove to be a powerful boost to whoever's side he was on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 03, 2012, 09:58:49 am »

"Well, I myself may not have a purse large enough to raise an army, but I still have many friends among the noble families. If you are willing to advance the coin, I am sure I can convince many a gallant knight to serve under the bear of Minstead.

However, I do not think we have time to go around recruiting troops. Northwatch is a fine keep, and I remember holding it for months at a time, but I was not facing forces nearly as strong as the rumored Haegar armies. My advice is the following my lord: send me to the Prince with whatever forces you can spare. Perchance the memory of his father will be enough to make him move, and I'll be damned if the Royal Army cannot crush the Haegar against Northwatch like a hammer against an anvil.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 03, 2012, 10:18:37 am »

"Very well. Its not much, but take my regiment of archers and join forces with the prince. I hope you will be succesful."

Ascalon is given a regiment of Edgard's archers to lead them to Northwatch.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 03, 2012, 10:20:28 am »

"I would rather die than disappoint you my lord."

March North as fast as possible toward Northwatch. Try to link up with the Prince.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:29:53 am by Sheb »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 03, 2012, 03:59:18 pm »

Osir stared at him blankly as if he were talking to a fool.

"You don't know why? Renart, think of it. No one attack in winter, Haegar or Adranic. Food is scarce and most people, lord or slave, stay to their homes. Any enemy we find who has not braced themselves for the winter will not be able to stand a siege. And this way, Stormstead is much more vulnerable."

"As I have told you, my target is the prince Richard, for that is my mission...As for afterwards, well I've got to pay these men for following me down to the Lowlands...I promised them gold, Renart. The prince must have a treasury, and if not, then it seems I'll have my head lopped off by Spring."

Osir smiled slightly.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 101