Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131312 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2012, 10:45:40 am »

"My King, I have come here to pledge my bow and the men of the Ranger Guard to you as I did your Mother before you." Trent said stepping from the shadow of the pillar and walking out in front of the King to kneel. He spoke with his head bowed, "As is my duty, and as was those before me, I am tasked with protecting this realm from threats and while the Ranger Guard has weakened over the years I swear to bring it back to its former glory for this nation. As is tradition my allegiance is to you, and should you call for me, my men and I will come to aid you in any battle you may face." With that Trent stands up straight, and looks the King straight in the eye, "I Trent Nethal Commander of the Ranger Guard pledge my allegiance to you and this great nation may it prosper under your rule. Now if we may I'd like to move on to a request I have of you, my King. My forces are stretched thin on the border, and as we are currently housed in Northwatch we are tied to it, this makes our border to weak and leaves vast stretches of land on either side of Northwatch itself undefended except for our patrols. Forgive me for asking this of you right from the start, but I need funds to construct a second fortress near Northwatch, and begin recruiting more men into the Ranger's Guard. If your Highness would be so grand as to gift me with the funds to start this then my men could better serve this nation." With that he looked down at the bundle of cloth in his hand and clutched it tighter as he waited for the King's response.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2012, 11:21:13 am »

The King rubbed his chin.

"Let it be done, then. Our border will never lack for defenders. And your service to my Mother is not forgotten.

Talk to Edgard, my treasurer-give him your estimations, and he will make the funds available for you. If there are any problems...bring them to me."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2012, 11:30:03 am »

"My friend, I sincerely doubt you ever lack of tales to tell." The King says with an easy smile.

So invited, is the pair...

Rusty gave a bow and a smile to the king, "Thank you, your highness."

After the dinner, Rusty heads to the Iron Hound for a drink, ordering Kylila back to the manor to guard the Crown of the South. He keeps his eye out for anything strange or suspicious, looking almost desperately for a fight.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2012, 02:18:46 pm »

"Very well Marquis. I hoped that when you become a duc, an alliance of equals could be sealed, instead of a vassalage, that would be only temporary. I'm after friends and supporters, not servants and toadies.

But I will hold your word as true. You can count on me if needed."

With that, he let Harald go.

Strange fellow, to reject open overtures after he made one himself. Perhaps he was bidding his time, or tried to extract something form Edgard. Either way, word of a nobleman was worth only as much as his deeds show them to be. Edgard was after something more solid.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Elise and eleanor took the sea route, lounging in their ship, sailing down the arendal to the capital. Edgard decided to take horses and ride to the capital, hoping for some time alone to think.
His riverside place was waiting, watching over the river and the southern bridge to the capital, with its walls and towers making a great impression. Spring was almost over, and with that early hunting could begin. Albert won't be in capital for long, so his sisters had precious little time to do their work.

Edgard did his best to get into the feast organised by albert to honour the winners of the tournament. This time around he was accompanied by two ladies, whose origin was easy to discern, when looking at their faces and the way they talked with each other.

"Salutations to the champion of the tournament! and to you Your Majesty."
Edgard managed to aquire a seat relatively close to the king and his two guests, making sure that him and his siblings were in constnt view of the king.

"May I present to you two lovely ladies, Elise and Eleanor, my beautiful sisters. They could not wait to come and taste the life in the capital, as well as to mee t some suitable people..."

The ladies did present themselves attractive enough. Auburn hair, green eyes and soft face on one, and blue eyes on the other. Both smiled beautifully and talked freely with the other guests, leaving the male half of the table more than interested in them.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2012, 03:12:04 pm »

"Thank you, your Highness. Now if you'll forgive me I have much to do and little time to do it in." With that Trent bowed and spun around walking quickly out the door, as he left he remembered that woman knight from earlier and smiled as he though, "Potential candidate, or at the least a very valuable ally, this kingdom will not stay calm much longer as these nobles begin to carry out the plots they were to scared to carry through with under the Iron Queen's rule." With that he headed off to meet Edgard, hopefully this man didn't cause problems when Trent tried to acquire the necessary funds for his project.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2012, 03:50:18 pm »

Rusty took a deep drink from his cup, thinking it best to get as drunk as possible in the shortest amount of time, before glancing up slowly, casually from the plate of food to look Edgard over, giving him a small bow of his head, almost lifting and dipping the crust of his slice of bread into his cup of wine, before he catches himself and drops it back onto his plate.

"Hello there, Sir...? Regardless, it's a honor to meet you once again." his tone is respectful, crisp and light, a smile tugging at his lips under the bandages.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:51:57 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2012, 10:17:04 am »

" Hello my liege, I am Tiakath Ador. I will not waste your time. I am here to propose something that will help you incredibly. Quite frankly, our country needs spies. Your soldiers may fight wars, but spies are the soldiers of the invisible war. My proposal is this. With a small amount of money, I can find and train spies, and do any actions requiring subtlety and espionage.. I would require no payment. An intelligence report would be presented to you every day, and You could sleep soundly knowing that any spies would be in their graves. What do you think Your Highness? I am welcome to any changes to this plan.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2012, 11:50:33 am »

" Hello my liege, I am Tiakath Ador. I will not waste your time. I am here to propose something that will help you incredibly. Quite frankly, our country needs spies. Your soldiers may fight wars, but spies are the soldiers of the invisible war. My proposal is this. With a small amount of money, I can find and train spies, and do any actions requiring subtlety and espionage.. I would require no payment. An intelligence report would be presented to you every day, and You could sleep soundly knowing that any spies would be in their graves. What do you think Your Highness? I am welcome to any changes to this plan.

The King rubbed his brow.

"Well, this is certainly hasty, Ms. Ador. And not what I expected...I'm sorry to say I don't you know you quite well enough. Nor do I recall you at my coronation. Guard, bring me her credentials..."

He frowns.

"It says here you were vouched for by Marquis Rakam...and your listed as a suitor, not a spy. And your name is Lady Elvira.

Please explain, Mi'lady? Have you taken it upon yourself to infiltrate my own castle before I even hired you? How do you know the Marquis?"

The King doesn't seem angry (Except at the mention of Rakam), but he does seem curious. The guards close ranks, ambling casually with lunging distance of Tiakath.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ladies did present themselves attractive enough. Auburn hair, green eyes and soft face on one, and blue eyes on the other. Both smiled beautifully and talked freely with the other guests, leaving the male half of the table more than interested in them.

The King seemed to like their presence, taking an immediate liking to Elise. He seemed to enjoy the both of them-well trained, well bred-the sisters worked together in a hypnotic choreography.

"Such beauty you are Lady, even a King must pause and take a breath..." He said, charmingly. "Tell me about yourself. I would hear you, and hear you well."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2012, 04:12:02 pm »

Elise turned to the king, with a ready smile and ready answer.

"Your Majesty, you are too kind. I am merely accompanying my brother here. He insisted that Eleanor and I come to the capital with him. But I must say, I'm positively surprised by everything I saw so far. Arborvent is beautiful, but your court is so much bigger and there are people from all across the world that flock to your doors. It must be interesting to live here, among all those talents and worthies."

Edgard meanwhile remained silent and observed the scene, ennjoying the moment. Eleanor briefly looked at both of them, and returned to chatting with several nobles, whom all semed eager to know the sister of Duc of Arborvent.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2012, 07:00:38 pm »

Tiakath had a cared expression on her face. When multiple armed guards attacked you, you certainly get scared. She began to think this was a bad idea. If this didn't work, some other method would have to do...

Exactly, think about this. A woman found her way inside your castle. I could have easily been anybody. And I do not know of this " Marquis Rakam". Is he important? And I do not remember ever talking to the lady you mentioned. Do not take me as a rambling crazy person. Imagine, if I had hidden a weapon, then you could be bleeding on the floor right now. I was not at your coronation because I am not of noble blood. This may be hasty, but you are wise. You know I speak the truth.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2012, 07:26:00 pm »

"The Guards verified your identity by sight Mi'lady, and your features were described threin to most of our watch captains and sentries as the woman who attempted to gain entry with one Marquis Rakam. Your description here is spot-on.

...But I suppose you make a good point. You were not judged a threat due to your credentials. Then again, if I can't trust my own advisor, I'm in a row, aren't?

This is a risk I run, trying to do things differently. I meet people face to face. I listen. You notice I am not unarmed myself. And generally, threatening to harm the king...is not terribly wise. Though I will forgive you it this time, since you are no doubt quite intimidated and outmatched here. I did not wish to frighten you...but that's their job."

The King sighed. He waved his guards to stand back.

"....if you are truly not a Noble, then you must have a Noble patron to vouch for you before you can be allowed in these Halls. While I have given thought to allowing more power to the common people, I doubt this would be taken very well in the current climate.

Tell you this. I will arrange a meeting between you and Renart Lionel-he is one of my generals, and my friend. He has need of the services of someone who I believe you to be-thought you might find yourself assigned out of country, if he wishes. If you accept this, you will find work in his employ.

Earn his trust-and you earn mine. You surely understand, I must keep you at arms length until then?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Your Majesty, you are too kind. I am merely accompanying my brother here. He insisted that Eleanor and I come to the capital with him. But I must say, I'm positively surprised by everything I saw so far. Arborvent is beautiful, but your court is so much bigger and there are people from all across the world that flock to your doors. It must be interesting to live here, among all those talents and worthies."

The King leaned back in his throne.

"Not as you might think. Stormstead is a fine city...but it's no match for home. It's all a bit...impersonal, you know. And, all these swelled heads do not make the air any clearer, my own not the least of them.

Tell me of your home, Lady Elise, and what you rather be doing right now-than entertaining a King who shines to you, because it is something of duty. If you were not making politesse with me in this drafty court, where would you be right now?"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:31:14 pm by Dwarmin »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 27, 2012, 02:44:23 am »

" I understand my lord. I will not let you down my lord! I shall meet this general as soon as it is arranged. Please send a messenger to " The Iron Hound" As soon as this general becomes available. Unless he's available now of course."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 27, 2012, 02:53:22 am »

The lord of Osport had waited long enough. Henry Conricht was sick in bed with a sudden illness. Time was of the essence and could not be wasted...

Osir climbed the Tower's steps, trudging through the castle halls, and went for the royal hall. There he requested entry from the guard. The guard said the king was allowing applicants right now. Interesting.

Osir entered the royal hall and discovered his majesty in conversation with a lady of sorts. Hmmm....he couldn't remember who it was, but she looked familiar...Well of course she was familiar, he was taught about the noble houses after all.

Osir politely waited for the king to finish before speaking himself.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 27, 2012, 05:22:35 pm »

"Thats not true at all, your Majesty. Arborvent is my home an I love being there, but one cannot stay home forever, no matter how cozy it is. I care much more for the people, especially those whom I get to know well. and royal courti is the place to meet new people. My visit to your court was rather overdue, but my brother did not want to put me in "danger" of meeting Queen Mother. No offence intended, Your Majesty.
And I must say, that talking to you is a a pleasure a much as it is duty. Young royals are in short supply in our kingdom, and to meet one is always interesting..."

Edgard knew it was his time to leave. He would let Albert and Elise get to know each other, whereas he could get into details of running a royal treasury. his other sister, Eleanor would get her time as well. For now she served well as Edgard's eyes and ears when he was away. she gave him a knowing look as he was leaving.

On his way out, he noticed the Lord of Osport, standing and waiting to speak with the king.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 07:57:44 am by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 27, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

((Tiruin and Az, I'm so sorry. I realized I'd left you waiting tuesday while leaving my house.... Apologies.))

"Most of the kingdom's nobility is northerner by bloodline if not by location. Hopefully, a civil war can be avoided, provided most of the powerbase of the kingdom remains loyal to my brother. I will discuss with him about his foreign ambitions soon enough. Until then, we should - ah, pardon me, mylords, I -"

Richard stopped talking. He had moved his broken rib while speaking, a painful mistake.

"I am afraid we'll have to continue on a latter date. I am - ah - unwell, you could say. I will voluntarily teach you a few things, of course, Renart. Simply meet me in a few days."

Teach Renart Logistics (you get more rolls with a trainer): 112354 (+10)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 101