Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288679 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #555 on: August 26, 2012, 01:00:10 am »

So. The frames quarry works; it's near the quarry girlinhat and the rest of em set up the other day. It takes up 48 blocks each time, feeding them directly into the processor at the quarry.

HOWEVER: The frame quarry likes crashing clients of those nearby, so use at your own risk. It crashed me a few dozen times, it crashed Girlinhat, it crashed groove. Dunno why. So far as I can tell, the only difference between it and my ship are RP2 pipes and block breakers. It always crashes upon movement, rather than breaker activation, with more of a freeze up than anything else. Again, dunno why.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 26, 2012, 05:24:23 am »

Alway, what materials did you use for your frame quarry? :/

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #557 on: August 26, 2012, 06:54:21 am »

So. The frames quarry works; it's near the quarry girlinhat and the rest of em set up the other day. It takes up 48 blocks each time, feeding them directly into the processor at the quarry.

HOWEVER: The frame quarry likes crashing clients of those nearby, so use at your own risk. It crashed me a few dozen times, it crashed Girlinhat, it crashed groove. Dunno why. So far as I can tell, the only difference between it and my ship are RP2 pipes and block breakers. It always crashes upon movement, rather than breaker activation, with more of a freeze up than anything else. Again, dunno why.
Check your timing. The crashing is IIRC a known bug with wireless recievers if they receive a wireless pulse while 'moving'

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 26, 2012, 09:51:25 am »

Check your timing. The crashing is IIRC a known bug with wireless recievers if they receive a wireless pulse while 'moving'
Nope; it's not that. I activated one after it hadn't been moving for a while and it crashed me. It's all manual control atm. I'm currently converting it to wired to see if that helps.

Edit: Wireless is all gone. Still causes crashes with the same frequency.

Edit2: Moved it out of sight of bc2 frames such. Also turned off minimap and smart move. One of these three changes appears to have fixed it. Smart move and minimap I think can be ruled out, as I had those on when using my ship, and it doesn't crash me. So; don't build a redpower2 quarry within sight of buildcraft quarries I guess? Dunno. Whatever it was, it has a really really long range of effect on frames.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:03:37 pm by alway »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 26, 2012, 03:23:29 pm »

Could you try unplugging the BC quarry and trying it?  It may make it stable, but then again the quarry block is still there so it may cause crashes even when idle.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 26, 2012, 03:41:34 pm »

Could you try unplugging the BC quarry and trying it?  It may make it stable, but then again the quarry block is still there so it may cause crashes even when idle.
Tried that. It's out of sight range now though; it doesn't crash any more. As I said; I suspect it's the quarry, but for all I know it could be apiaries or linking books. :P

Frame quarry is at -500, 130; please avoid building near there and do not take it anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:37:56 pm by alway »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 26, 2012, 04:47:40 pm »

Certainly not the apiaries.  My (failed) frameship worked fine with apiaries nearby.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 26, 2012, 07:30:25 pm »

Well, so I clicked on a link book that was named overworld just to get out of the nether, and well. I died in a restricted area. Is there any way I can get these items back?

What I lost:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:07:55 pm by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #563 on: August 26, 2012, 07:39:29 pm »

Well, so I clicked on a link book that was named overworld just to get out of the nether, and well. I died in a restricted area. Is there any way I can get these items back?

What I lost:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
sounds like someonw set up a defense system for their house. Not very nice but not against the rules. I onlu generally do rollbacks or item recovery when there is a bug or glitch. Using an unknown and untested book link is a bit unwise and is neithee glitch nor bug. Sorry, maybe you can figure ouy whose security system it was and ask them.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 26, 2012, 07:47:11 pm »

I'd imagine it's a inactive player by now. But I could be wrong.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #565 on: August 26, 2012, 07:50:40 pm »

do you happen to know the coordinates of either the book or the place you died?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 26, 2012, 07:54:50 pm »

Yeah, I can set a waypoint.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #567 on: August 26, 2012, 07:56:38 pm »

Yeah, I can set a waypoint.
pm me the coordinates and i will take a look

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 26, 2012, 07:59:20 pm »

Done.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 26, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »

Whoever flattened the new Town area and set torches and marked lots with sand, I want to report that it's very poorly lighted. The 5 torches in each lot seem to cover everything except the middle of each street (read: the exact center between two houses), so it's spawning all kinds of creepers.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 220