Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 288660 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Servers
« Reply #570 on: August 26, 2012, 10:01:34 pm »

The frames quarry is now 128 block breakers which activate every couple seconds or so to carve an 8x32 shaft downwards. I think we're gonna need higher resource processing capacity. :P

Also, I added a dimensional anchor to the processing we have so we don't need 2 people for quarrying.

For those trying to build a resource processing system, this is what true fear looks like.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, Darkchaos, your buffer chests are full now. :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:25:23 pm by alway »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 27, 2012, 12:30:28 am »

The frames quarry is now 128 block breakers which activate every couple seconds or so to carve an 8x32 shaft downwards. I think we're gonna need higher resource processing capacity. :P

Also, I added a dimensional anchor to the processing we have so we don't need 2 people for quarrying.

For those trying to build a resource processing system, this is what true fear looks like.

Also, Darkchaos, your buffer chests are full now. :P

*reads up abut frames*

Moving contraptions? Oh. Your. God. I did not know about these. Well, so much for uni work.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 27, 2012, 12:32:22 am »

Hmm. How do you get frames to work without having to constantly reposition the frame engine?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 27, 2012, 12:39:52 am »

Youtube the 6-axis frame engine.  It's really quite marvelous.  There's basically two schools of frame transport, the caterpillar engine and the drive box.  Caterpillars work inchworm style, where the engine pushes a section of frame with a motor onboard, and then the now-moved frame pushes the first one.  The drive box style works by having one engine push another engine, and ONLY another engine, no other frames are moved during the first stage.  Then the now-moved engine drags the whole frameship along, and re-aligns itself. 

Just keep in mind that a frame motor can push other motors, so long as they're attached to frames themselves.  Once you realize this, multi-stage movers become easy.  An airship that also has a hangar door can be built.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 27, 2012, 01:46:26 am »

Just keep in mind that a frame motor can push other motors, so long as they're attached to frames themselves.  Once you realize this, multi-stage movers become easy.  An airship that also has a hangar door can be built.
Or, in the case of my ship, an airship which both moves and has a retractable solar array.

Also, it is no longer 128 block breakers. It is now 172. I added a second ender chest (with its pair at the processor; it still needs to be hooked up, so get on that) for these, as 128 is probably about the limit you can put in one ender chest and still take things out fast enough.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 27, 2012, 02:00:01 am »

GOOD GOD.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 27, 2012, 02:06:32 am »

*Gets self-propelled platform working in Creative Mode*

Moving fortress. Moving fortress with forcefield. Moving fortress with forcefield underwater.This changes everything.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 27, 2012, 09:14:16 am »

Don't try frames underwater.  They kill the water currents.  Though a mobile fortress, I've really wanted to put together.  It would ideally be a whole chunk, or multiples of a chunk, like 2x2 or 3x3 or somesuch, and be built like a proper fortress with turrets and walls and courtyard and gate.

Ideally, I've had fantasies about having a fortress with an extendable "courtyard" of a sorts.  The fort would have a small interior defensive area, but then when it landed it would extend a panel to the side, which would conform to the terrain smoothly and make a convenient walkway to the outside world.  Because of this, it would be ideal to land on smooth hills or beaches, so that the extending platform would be able to connect with smooth terrain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #578 on: August 27, 2012, 09:20:30 am »

not sure if it is possible (probably not) but would there be a way to, say, pipe the water from in front of the submarine to the back so it doesn't cause currents?
Not...really. You could have deployers in the back loaded with water source blocks though, that would probably work.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 27, 2012, 09:21:51 am »

alway: You could also just use multiple filters, multiple retrievers (no items in the filter), or even multiple filter/enderchest combos to pull stuff out as fast as is needed. The maximum theoretical bandwidth of an enderchest transport system is 1728 (9*3*64) items per filter pulse. I'm guessing about half of that can actually be used for a jumbo-quarry, because you'd get items that don't stack with the others on occasion. You'll need to expand it to 864 block breakers before saying you need to use another enderchest. :P

Actually, probably more than that since the actual bottleneck is the whole thing moving side to side as it digs... hmmm...

---

Why wouldn't the RP2 pumps/liquid pipes work to move water behind the sub?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #580 on: August 27, 2012, 09:24:07 am »

Why wouldn't the RP2 pumps work to move water behind the sub?
Because they don't pull the nearest sourceblocks, they pull the farthest ones in range iirc. I think you'd just end up making ocean holes.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 27, 2012, 09:25:51 am »

Ah, yes that would be a problem.

You could use water buckets in the back and empty buckets in the front, plus some retrievers, and it should work as long as you have your timing right... Of course, that would probably make it only able to move in one direction.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 27, 2012, 09:28:27 am »

However, it should be possible to use Deployers, I think they're called.  If given an empty bucket of water, they will "perform a right click action" and suck up the water directly in front of them into the bucket.  The bucket can then be pushed to the back of the sub and another deployer can empty the bucket in the rear.

But you'd still effectively have a "tunnel bore underwater" and you'd need side to side motion.  That would get a little messy, since water acts different than stone.  I'd personally wait until Eloraam develops frame+pipe in one block before going for submarines.  Not that I'm sure if those will ever be added...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 27, 2012, 09:29:49 am »

I'm going to have to make some recyclers just to deal with all the cobblestone junk I'm getting (I could throw it away, but I hate waste). I mean, everybody makes infinite cobble generators just to get recyled matter, right? What's the point in even keeping all the cobble from a quarry :P

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 27, 2012, 09:35:52 am »

No one keeps the cobble from a quarry.  Generally 2x recyclers for 1x BC quarry works well.  RP2 frame-quarry is much heavier though, I'm not even sure what you'd need to keep up with it.

Maybe we should have an ender chest color combination for scrap materials?  It would just dump it all in town and recycle it.  If we were feeling fancy we could even use a carpenter to package scrap into crates for easier storage.  Although something tells me it would end up getting dumped into fertilizer for a crap-matron while we try to figure out how to use those things.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 220