Poll

Which of these mods would you prefer

None
Civilisation Forge
What Has Science Done?!
Suika Fortress
Other (please specify)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Boatbusted, a Civ Forge Succession Game. Absolutely No Experience Required.  (Read 10941 times)

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel

slowpokez your turn man :)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

Should i do my turn first since I know what I'm doing?
I'm having a problem with the file.  It pops up for the "Continue Playing" part of the menue, but when I select it, the game crashes.
u guys missed this?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

I'll see whether I can fix the file... is it just a crash that's happening? The file is quite large, and maybe that's causing the trouble.

EDIT: Well fuck, I think I get what's wrong with the save. The thing is probably too large for people's computers to load. I'm on a Mac, which in my experience, improves the crashworthyness of DF. That's also why its harder for me to zip the whole folder and send it to you. If we can't keep this going, do people want me to embark somewhere else on the same world, or regen the world to get some more civilisations in it?

EDIT 2: Yes, I did download the .zip file and the thing loaded. Now time for me to delete the surplus files and start over...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:05:32 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

That's what my problem is.
Also, can I be re-added to the end of the list?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile

I'll see whether I can fix the file... is it just a crash that's happening? The file is quite large, and maybe that's causing the trouble.

EDIT: Well fuck, I think I get what's wrong with the save. The thing is probably too large for people's computers to load. I'm on a Mac, which in my experience, improves the crashworthyness of DF. That's also why its harder for me to zip the whole folder and send it to you. If we can't keep this going, do people want me to embark somewhere else on the same world, or regen the world to get some more civilisations in it?

EDIT 2: Yes, I did download the .zip file and the thing loaded. Now time for me to delete the surplus files and start over...
My computer can't handle it... I tried loading it and crashed upon selecting it from continue game. I think we'll either have to re-embark on a smaller area or else i'm out i'm afraid :P

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very well. I am going to regen a world and restart the game from stage one. I will copy over everyone to play in the order they signed up. Do people want to use the same mod (Civilisation Forge + Spawn of Hollistic and Mountain Barbarians)?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do. And same name, because Boatbusted is epic.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

I'm fine with that.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are people OK with me adding more funky stuff [CLASSIFIED_INFORMATION] I mean putting extra content in, either by modding extra (hopefully balanced) things in or copying stuff from other mods in? I was thinking of transferring some safe stuff from Masterwork in. Also Mr Frog put out his own version of the Spearbreakers mod, and I'm thinking I can update what I have with it.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel

The less mods the better :)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's the modding progress thus far:

-I didn't add in Mr Frogs published Spawn mod, but I did add in the maej race. I'll make them adventurer-only, but you actually switch this later.
-Civilisations, except for kobolds, will have a max spawn rate of 10. This will cut down on generating 250 civilisations, 200 of which are elves.
-Will add offensive words back in.
-Forgot to fix the alchemy block stuff before genning a world.
-Magma Alchemists Workshop: Verified that its appearance pre-magma is DF's problem. Apparently magma-workshops that are not hardcoded are available from the beginnings.
-I've taken another look over Masterwork, and decided that its better not to.
-I've copied in the Vilius Mod stuff. Hope this doesn't break anything. I've set it so Vlilus Mod civs can spawn up to 5 times, no more.
-I've noticed we're missing some language files from Civ. Forge. Since these don't seem to have been updated recently, I've changed the languages to default DF ones or the Maej one that Mr Frog provided in his mod.
-Firearms have been added in on account of the Vilius Mod. Dwarves can make them. Note that strangely, this doesn't require the manufacture of saltpeter, potash, or gunpowder. You may range.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:52:40 pm by CaptainArchmage »

BeserkNINJA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

masterwork

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile

masterwork
^ This I want :D But hey it's your succesion fort ;)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Quick Warning: I don't think the maej show up to trade unless you're playing as them, and they're pretty lame to adventure as (no towns, human equipment does not fit any caste). So I'm not sure if they're really worth including in this :( I'm tickled that someone's using them, though, in any case.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel

Complete language files is great :)
But firearms not so.

I will abstain, please remove my turn.

Good luck and Have Fun! : )
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6