Poll

Which of these mods would you prefer

None
Civilisation Forge
What Has Science Done?!
Suika Fortress
Other (please specify)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Boatbusted, a Civ Forge Succession Game. Absolutely No Experience Required.  (Read 10931 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I appear to have a problem with getting the save. It saids the system cannot specify what item I am trying to drag into the folder.

Should I be dragging the MAOCSX instead of the folder "Boatbusted Year 1"?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

The thing came in a .7z file, which was decompressed into a folder, right? In my experience, you just drag the folder "Boatbusted Year 1 Save" to "save" in the DF directory, which is under "data", and you can play the game.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, but when I actually do that it kills itself at random files. Graphics, raws, interactions, these keep stopping the rest of the save being dragged.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The save folder actually doesn't have any graphics, and the interactions are just in a file in the raw folder. All the folder has are the .dat files and a raw folder. You just need to drag the Boatbusted Year 1 save over to the "save" folder and it should show up when you "continue game" in DF.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will have to play around with the cause of this, but for now I wish to be skipped.

The fort's elfination has been delayed. Everyone celebrate.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile

Everyone celebrate.
Yay. *pops the cork off a champagne bottle*

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, did I say .7z file? I meant .zip file. I've tried unzipping the file, and it looks OK to me on my end. Maybe it got screwed up on the upload. In any case, if the problems continue I'll look to further methods of uploading.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

I'm having a problem with the file.  It pops up for the "Continue Playing" part of the menue, but when I select it, the game crashes.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

Should i do my turn first since I know what I'm doing?
I'm having a problem with the file.  It pops up for the "Continue Playing" part of the menue, but when I select it, the game crashes.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:29:05 am by slowpokez »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I realise the file is actually quite large. Is it the memory overload problem? A solution might be to use the large-address-aware patch for Dwarf Fortress.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think that's the problem.  Once I get back from mowing my grandparent's lawn, and other assorted yardwork, I will try again.  If I can't get it to work, I will skip my turn. 

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel

Hi CaptainArchmage,

Since we seem to have issues with the save, we could try a foolproft way of passing it.

- Copy your whole DF folder, including the exe file and everything.
- Delete all saves except for this fort.
- Compress the whole thing, size doesn't matter.
- Send it and give me the link :)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

^^^ this works ^^^

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't et it to work.  Next person in line try.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6