Poll

Which of these mods would you prefer

None
Civilisation Forge
What Has Science Done?!
Suika Fortress
Other (please specify)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Boatbusted, a Civ Forge Succession Game. Absolutely No Experience Required.  (Read 10936 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

This sounds like an interesting game. I would like to take a turn if you're still taking people.

Signing you up. 48 hour turns means you'll be up in two weeks from now or so. These rules are somewhat based on the Sparkgear ones, although the intention is for longer-lived fortresses.

Summer Report:

We have set up the trade depot. Hopefully the traders will not be so stupid as to travel through the swamp. On that note, if they go through the swamp and meet the eerie smoke, we'll have more supplies to last us, at the expense of the trading being listed as a total fucking disaster.

I ordered our carpenter to make some wooden corkscrews for sale, in the absence of any qualified craftsdwarves. One of the corkscrews used silverwood, and I've valued it at 3,960 Urists. Whilst silverwood is rare and valuable, it is ultimately a renewable resource where we are, so I'm not that concerned.

I'm working on the fortress proper now, and we are cutting out the base of the tower into the chalk layer, though we really hit a huge cluster of verdenite. My study of alchemy shows no actual use for the material - surprisingly, it is not an ingredient in making verdant bronze. However, it serves as a useful source of green stone, which might help when trading with elves. (Scribbled beneath: Melting point of Verdenite is 11,500 degrees Gattenbomrek, insufficient to survive magma immersion. Future rulers, remember this.) I have designated the bulk of the initial underground fortress, including earthworks and the road system that will allow caravans to move around underground. Underground structures designated will include storage space and workshops. The mining plans will be executed to a reasonable extent, although the actual intended fortifications will have to be dealt with by future rulers. In anticipation for the next load of colonists, I am going to make some more picks.

The ground floor of the tower should be structurally finished by the end of the year. I was planning to set up some walls but given our rate of progress that may not be possible. We're still expecting a final migrant wave this year just before the caravan arrives, so we will see how our numbers increase.

Facilities in the survival shelter include a dining room, a storeroom for food, a residential area with space for 10 bedrooms or offices, a barracks with more rooms, and the farms.

We're going to need to need more food production, and I will buy some from the caravan. We still have plenty of drinks from the wagon left over, but they may not last that long. In any case, we have barrels and a still set up.

I have dug out two rooms underground in the shelter that could be used as well rooms, or extra storage. At the moment, all the dwarves are busy elsewhere.

11th Limestone - So the Mason decided to go on break. I'm officially taking over the construction of the temporary metalsmithing buildings and finishing the up/down staircases on the ground level.

14th Limestone - More eerie smoke! Once again, my drinking is interrupted by the strange weather at Boatbusted.

Interlude: The Trial

Fikod Crimsongranite lay on the floor of the jail, shackled to centre by a runed chain. Within the cell was a horse - also shackled to the cell wall by means of another runed-covered chain. She had been there before Fikod. On the wall were marks counting the number of days he had been locked up for, along with a copius number of drawings of elves and humans, in no particular order. A miasma of horseshit, urine, and rotting cheese hung over the room.

Two guards entered the room, unshackled Fikod, and dragged him up and out of the trough that made up his bed, over a pile of manure, up four flights of stairs into the court, across the polished marble floor, and deposited him heavily in the centre of the room. A thick trail of mud, horseshit, and the odd fleck of vomit lead back to where he had been locked up for the past two months.

The courtroom was filled with the judge, around thirty honour guards, and a number of elves chained beneath the judge's desk. The jury box was undwarfed, but occupied with wobbling barrels upon barrels.

The judge wore a leather jacket, unbuttoned as far as visible beneath an enormous bushy beard. The limestone desk was a mass of paper, half eaten food, +golden goblets+, and quarry bush leaves. On top of the tallest pile of papers stood a glass bottle, filled with reddish fluid. Immediately in front of the desk were shards of broken glass and decaying cat tallow biscuits.

"Sankis, you stand accused of the following offences against Twilighttours"
"Two counts of excessive sobriety between the hours of ten in the morning and two in the afternoon."
"Three counts of being properly dressed within two Shars of the royal palace."
"Ten counts of being improperly dressed within a booze stockpile."

"Bu-bu... that's... ridiculous"

The judge leaned forward, leather jacket open revealing a gold necklace, clearly visible under a forest of foam-encrusted beard.

"Fikod, in Twilighttours there is no such thing as a ridiculous law."

"That will add to the list of charges three counts of stating a law to be ridiculous. Given the quantity and severity of the charges, there is only one recourse I have available."

"You shall be sent to the newly established outpost at Boatbusted, in hopes that you can reform your life without posing a threat to the mountainhomes."

The judge sat back and tossed a cat tallow biscuit to the elves before motioning to the guards, who promptly dragged Fikod through another set of doors, leaving another thick trail of mud and bodily fluids across the floor.

Captain Mana's Report, 8th Limestone 21

Migrants have arrived! Their appearance is right after a cloud of eerie smoke rolls across the landscape. Fortunately, they made it to the forest safely, and the only casualty was a Giant Pangolin.

The migrants are:

Ral Abanadag, Metalcrafter
Vabok Duraduzol, Suturer
Kivish Monomliruk, two year old
Stukos Rulkulet, Fishery Worker
Minkot Dakasatis, Fishery Worker
Fikot Thestarlolok, Farmer
Stinthad Idenngotun, Cook
Stakud Bakustlitast, Spinner
Tulon Berathel, two year old

The fortress of Boatbusted now has 22 inhabitants!

I've ordered a cleanup of the four corpses from the surface, just in case. The Giant Pangolin will likely provide us with a good deal of meat, and the Giant Ticks will yield us some chitin.

The surface smelter is running now. I'm having some of the bismuth bronze smelted, so we can equip our new migrants with picks to dig out our fortress with. The fishery workers will likely take over some of the mining works, but after we have our food supplies back under control. I will also have Fikot make us some mechanisms, since we are in need of them.

The top of the second downward tower has been excavated, along with a route downwards. I am going to expand the designs a bit.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:19:36 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile

Posting to watch, I enjoyed the story on the OP

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Posting to watch, as I'm always interested in seeing how my mod plays out for other people.

Also, if anyone has any questions on it feel free to ask. I know that the Alchemy in particular can get confusing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm back. Apologies for the whole mess; a few things got screwed up with IRL and I wanted to get the first year through so enough stuff was present in the fortress. I'm done with this now and will update when I get the file on DFFD.

If people want to go for a longer-scale game as a result (7 days to play a year or so), they should post it here.

Since no other preferences for dwarves were declared, I've dwarf'd everyone playing in no particular order, with the exception of Valrandir, whom I've dwarf'd as Melbil Fathbim, the armorsmith who is currently in a strange mood.

I've made that decision to encourage creative roleplaying. And because Valrandir mentioned something about his/her/the robot's/the AI's turn.

Posting to watch, as I'm always interested in seeing how my mod plays out for other people.

Also, if anyone has any questions on it feel free to ask. I know that the Alchemy in particular can get confusing.

Does verdenite have any real use in the game, besides being a bright green stone to make stuff out of?

I've got a rough idea of Alchemy. By the way, I think your magma alchemist workshop thing is screwed up a bit, since it shows up in the workshop options to begin with (I have no magma yet, and the other magma workshops don't show up either).

Recommendations:

Try adding [DEEP_SURFACE] to the metal stuff you just don't want Dwarves showing up with. If you add [DEEP_SPECIAL] to the metal, it can end up in the upright swords. Boatbusted has a blazing incendium HFS sword, but I suppose that's better as blazing incendium isn't really available in-game, whilst [CLASSIFIED_INFORMATION] is.

I think we should be able to use standard DF containers rather than jars to store alchemical stuff, like jugs or vials.

I think you need to cut down on the maximum starting civ numbers, as other civilisations may just not appear.

I also added Mr Frog's extra content from Spearbreakers (note: I copied it from the Spearbreakers save file, this was before the standalone mod was released), after making some corrections to broken content, but I only got the Mountain Barbarians to appear in the game. This was probably a result of the starting civ numbers.

Here's the rest of the report:

13th Timber, 21

Lor has been possessed! I have set up a Leatherworks to deal with the situation.

Update, 14th Timber, 21

Lor grabbed the Giant Thrips chitin and some rough lavender jades, and has begun work on something.

The caravan is also here! Fortunately they came through the forest, so they should be safe enough. I'm having our wooden corkscrews traded.

I've begun work on some weapons. We have a falchion, and some more picks. If all goes to plan, we will have seven miners by the end of the year, or enough to keep Boatbusted expanding for the forseeable future.

Interlude: Vile Presence

In the middle of a large glowing circle, Captain Mana tempered the pick. Fire and magic worked to bind the molten metal to his will. Smoke billowed out into the earth, and across the underground farm, where the plump helmets were just beginning to sprout.

The circle faded abruptly, before flaring up. Mana jumped back just in time to avoid a jet of fire from the forge.

"We're here. We're here. Come to us."

Out of the circle sprang a burning sword, lighting up the room, and searing Mana's eyebrows off.

"We're here. We're here. Come to us."

Mana grabbed the tongs from the forge, and draw a series of runes in the ground. The sword did not approach him. After a pause, a flare of light showed up and-

"Shorast Dorenginet, Outpost Liason from the Mountainhomes. I'm here to-"

"Not now." Mana replied, dashing out of the room.

Archmage Mana's report, 19th Timber, 21

Today, working at the forge, I felt a presence, emanating from deep underground. I have roughly located the point of origin, however, we should be prepared before we investigate.

The caravan has arrived, and I will deal with them after I'm done forging one more mattock. I've made one so far I'm very pleased with.

Lor Luritonel has finished her artifact, Ming abir "The Burn of Romancing", a giant thrips chitin targe shield. This will prove very useful in equipping our army.

Mana's report, 20th Timber, 21

It looks like Lor has also gone on break. I've also nearly finished making mattocks. Once they're done I will look to equipping some more miners.

I'm placing priority on finishing the base of the tower before the end of the year, so the fishers are being recruited into masonry.

23rd Timber, 21

More eerie smoke!

Autumn Report

After sleeping, drinking, and eating, I have traded the weapons for all the food the caravan brought, as well as a crate of medical manuscripts, some gems, and some metal.

I have designated an area further underground which may serve as a storage area, although it will likely not be dug out under my watch.

I have called for the production of some actual furniture.

Either myself or future overseers will have to clean up the wood on the surface, and consolidate it in stockpiles.

Moonstone 10th, 21

I've observed a large quantity of (immobile) giant thrips corpses on the other side of the river. It looks like the eerie smoke was responsible.

It looks like thanks to prioritisation, the furniture isn't getting made. The tower, however, is getting built and I am going to try to secure it by the end of the year. I'll also put up some nestboxes for the giant beetles.

16th Moonstone, 21

A Giant Louse got too close to the trade depot and was eliminated by the caravan guards. It looks like we'll have some more supplies soon.

17th Moonstone, 21

The traders are leaving, and I'm going to arrange next year's supplies from the outpost liason. Meanwhile, the excavation of our proper quarters continues underground. We'll need to recruit a few more miners sometime in the near future.

27th Moonstone, 21

The tower base is complete. I'm putting in some entrances, each of which will have a gate and a drawbridge to seal it off completely.

Cutscene

The view zooms in on the settlement at Boatbusted. The wagon is parked on some green grass right on the shore of the lake, near the mouth of a large river. A number of workshops are sprawled near it, and there is a large pile of wood haphazardly laid out there. To the east of it is a structure that looks like a tunnel running into a purplish pyramid, which clearly is the entrance to the survival bunker. To the east of the bunker is the base of a colossal tower. Some staircases lead up some way, but end abruptly. The tower base is still open to the air - work on the upper levels has not  been completed to any extent. Some goats roam around within the walls of the tower.
Both the tower and bunker are built on an area growing feathers instead of grass. Some of the trees in the nearby area have been felled, but the logs mostly lie where the trees fell. There are two abnormal kinds of trees appearing here; the first has a white trunk and grows feathers for leaves. The second has a silvery trunk, and metallic leaves. In the distance to the west, we can see a vortex of yellowish smoke.

We zoom to one of the workshops, which is apparently constructed out of a blackish substance. There are stone blocks everywhere. The Mason is absent, but we see a exceptionally beautiful geniss door in the middle of the workshop. It is covered in black marks, and there is an empty mug and a plate lying on it. A swarm of flies crawls over the plate. Ral Abandag appears, picks up the door, and drags it through the ground over to the bunker. We can see that the bunker is wide open to the outside, and has two chambers. The first has a dirt floor, but is roofed over. A thick yellowish line runs most of the way across the smooth pitchblende walls, around two or three nogs above the ground, and there are further yellowish stains hanging down . The second chamber has a block staircase leading down, and the ceiling rises up to a point. Ral attaches the door noisily between the first and second chambers, before leaving the door wide open. Captain Mana soon enters from the outside, and takes one look at the door, and walks downstairs whilst adjusting the gold rings on his fingers.

5th Opal, 21

Today was a great day for Boatbusted! My temporary office is finished, and we have a door on the bunker. One of the guildhouses is in the process of being dug out, and it will either serve as a mason's workshop or as a carpenter's room.

7th Opal, 21

Today we had our first major encounter with zephyrs - one tried to sneak into the bunker to steal something. After travelling down the stairs from the surface, one needs to go through an underground hallway. In the future, this hallway will be protected by traps and drawbridges, but today it was filled with giant beetles, which shredded the zephyr. Hopefully the stains will come off the walls.

In the interests of consolidating our army quicker, I have officially created two squads, one containing the militia commander, and the other containing myself as a militia captain. I have armed myself with a falchion of my own making, and have taken up Ning Abir as my shield. I'm considering commissioning some armoured clothing from the bookkeeper before he buries himself in his work (or most likely, I will take over as bookkeeper on stepping down in the near future), but I would rather wait until we have steel available. This means I'm going to have an anvil cast for the finishing forge.

It is midwinter, still very hot and still raining heavily over the swamp. No sign or likely possibility of blizzards or snow or frozen water or the other kinds of phenomena to be expected around Twilighttours.

Opal 17th, 21

We had another zephyr strike today. Once again, the zephyr did not make it through the beetle-filled corridor. Now to get the mess cleaned up.

I've also ordered some more wood turned into charcoal at the Charcoal furnace. We've run out of charcoal for fuel, which will naturally make smelting iron somewhat harder.

Opal 18th, 21

A zephyr thief got into the bunker and was eliminated in the beetle hallway, but not before injuring the Outpost Liason, who was following me on my way to fix up the crucible. The hallway is covered in teeth, but they're not mine, so its OK.

7th Obsidian, 21

We're now well into the last month of the year. Negotiations with the Outpost Liason continue, and I have put in an order for essential supplies such as food, drinks, rare stone, metal, and gems.

9th Obsidian, 21

The Outpost Liason left today, leaving a list of the things the Mountainhome needs. Apparently, they're low on seeds, musical instruments, backpacks, refined coal, and ammunition. Things must be getting really desperate over there.

(Here there is a large stain of what looks like vomit.)

It seems whilst I was negotiating for the future, the zephyrs in the beetle corridor were left to rot. The stench has reached most parts of the bunker. Fortunately, the new residences have been dug out in the actual fortress of Boatbusted, and I'm moving in right away. The sheriff can use my desk and bedroom in the survival shelter whilst we get more rooms up.

Now that I'm free of my diplomatic responsibilities for now, I can get to smelting some of that iron.

17th Obsidian, 21

Haematite is being hauled up to the surface smelter from Boatbusted. Once I have enough steel, I am going to cast an anvil (and possibly some bridges). Other than that, I am not going to push production too far. The surface workshops will need to be moved down, and I'm moving both the stoneworkers and the woodworkers to main fortress.

25th Obsidian, 21

This morning, Melbil Fathbim ran out of his room with a strange look on his face. He's claimed the single metalsmith's forge we have. I wonder what he's going to make. I've made sure he's gotten some steel to start on.

End of Year Report: 28th Obsidian, 21

As of tomorrow, I am stepping down as leader of Boatbusted. In our first year, we have established a survival shelter, and have begun digging out the main fortress.

Future leaders can look towards finishing and securing the tower, and also securing a better trading location. Farming areas are still needed in the main fortress, and we need to set up a dining area.

It will take a while to move the wood down to the stockpile, but we can recruit some of the spring migrant wave to deal with that. There aren't any traps or operating doors in the fortress besides the beetle corridor. In order to breed beetles, we'll need some nestboxes.

The population of Boatbusted as of the end of the year is 22 dwarves.

We have one strange mood in progress, which will result in a piece of armor and a legendary armorsmith.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 05:48:19 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile

We have one strange mood in progress, which will result in a piece of armor and a legendary armorsmith.
Or unused materials and an insane/going-to-die dwarf, if you're unlucky enough.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does verdenite have any real use in the game, besides being a bright green stone to make stuff out of?
No, it's just a bright green stone. I added a bunch of those in  long time ago to give me more colors to work with.

I've got a rough idea of Alchemy. By the way, I think your magma alchemist workshop thing is screwed up a bit, since it shows up in the workshop options to begin with (I have no magma yet, and the other magma workshops don't show up either).

I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

Recommendations:

Try adding [DEEP_SURFACE] to the metal stuff you just don't want Dwarves showing up with. If you add [DEEP_SPECIAL] to the metal, it can end up in the upright swords. Boatbusted has a blazing incendium HFS sword, but I suppose that's better as blazing incendium isn't really available in-game, whilst [CLASSIFIED_INFORMATION] is.
Hmm...I think Blazing Incendium is the only thing like that, so it's not a big deal. But I may do that change anyway. DEEP_SURFACE wasn't a tag back when those changes were made.

I think we should be able to use standard DF containers rather than jars to store alchemical stuff, like jugs or vials.

I think you need to cut down on the maximum starting civ numbers, as other civilisations may just not appear.

I also added Mr Frog's extra content from Spearbreakers (note: I copied it from the Spearbreakers save file, this was before the standalone mod was released), after making some corrections to broken content, but I only got the Mountain Barbarians to appear in the game. This was probably a result of the starting civ numbers.
Yeah, I've been pondering using Jugs or Pots instead of Jars. There is a bit of holdover stuff in the mod from previous versions of DF that all needs to get looked at.

As far as # Civs go, that's more a factor of world size and world-gen options. They all show up fine for me in a medium world. Also, you're free to include any, all, or non of the civs outside of the default DF ones without any issue. Simply by throwing the entity files for the ones you don't want into a subfolder you can make it so they won't spawn.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WHATwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhaaaaaaaaaaaat

The survival bunker doesn't have a roof over the initial corridor. I don't know why I thought it did.

The one thing that's worrying is the presence of some very dangerous species that might attack. I don't think sealing off both the survival bunker and the tower are that unreasonable anymore. Someone can always cut another passage from the bunker to the main fortress someway down. The survival bunker was aesthetically designed to only accommodate a few dwarves comfortably. Since it gives dwarves individual rooms, assuming you have enough beds you can easily have 9x as many dwarves in there. The current capacity at intended comfort levels is 22 dwarves, with room to spare. This means if you turned each room into a dormitory, then you can easily fit 200 dwarves into the survival bunker. The spare weapon, armor, and mining equipment is still stocked within the survival bunker, so if by chance 200 dwarves were trapped in there, they could dig themselves out of the situation.

I'm still at a loss as to why the FPS is hitting 90-100 on a 3x16 embark on a laptop. There are a lot of z-levels too (around 100). I suspect the reason is the linear-vs-square pathfinding thing I mentioned earlier.

That the bunker and fortress are in a Joyous Wilds biome. The lake is Untamed Wilds (I think) and the swamp and marsh are Terrifying. Despite this, there's little difference between the swamp and marsh and normal swamps and marshes, besides the eerie smoke, that instakills creatures. By the looks of it there are no evil plans or evil grass or evil trees or even evil creatures. The biome doesn't raise dead. Overall, this caused me to consider starting over, along with with re-edited raws to cut down the max civilisations of each kind. However, the embark is otherwise pretty good, and I tried to include as much as I could.

Alright here's a bit of a problem everyone's going to run into. Alchemy reactions use blocks of stone, which causes problems because the stone doesn't have a reaction attached to it. This means we cannot make the alchemically-related rocks economic rocks without blocking their use in alchemy, since economic rocks cannot be processed into blocks. This means micromanagement for us.

My proposed in-game fix is to edit the crystal glass reactions, if they're still in the raws, into block-making reactions for the relevant stone at the Alchemy workshop. The crystal glass reactions are now no longer needed, since that bug has been fixed. Do people want me to make the following change before uploading the file to DFFD?

[REACTION:CRYSTAL_MAKING_WORKAROUND]
[NAME:process alchemical stone into blocks]
[BUILDING:ALCHEMISTS_WORKSHOP:CUSTOM_SHIFT_B]
[BUILDING:ALCHEMISTS_WORKSHOP_MAGMA:CUSTOM_SHIFT_B]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:ALCHEMY_BLOCK]
[PRODUCT:100:4:BLOCK:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A]
[SKILL:MASON]

All stones which have block-related alchemy reactions will have [REACTION_CLASS:ALCHEMY_BLOCK] added to their raws file as well.

Hmm...I think Blazing Incendium is the only thing like that, so it's not a big deal. But I may do that change anyway. DEEP_SURFACE wasn't a tag back when those changes were made.

Really? That was left over from 40d then? As far as I know, [DEEP_SURFACE] came in DF2010.

Yeah, I've been pondering using Jugs or Pots instead of Jars. There is a bit of holdover stuff in the mod from previous versions of DF that all needs to get looked at.

As far as # Civs go, that's more a factor of world size and world-gen options. They all show up fine for me in a medium world. Also, you're free to include any, all, or non of the civs outside of the default DF ones without any issue. Simply by throwing the entity files for the ones you don't want into a subfolder you can make it so they won't spawn.

Boatbusted is in a large world, not just a medium world. The civilisations that did not appear were humans and spawn of holistic. I included all the civ forge content. I also maxed out the number of civilisations to be placed in the worldgen parameters.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:29:38 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. Are they not in the world at all or just not races that can interact with you. That's often the case if you have multiple continents.
Come play Mafia with us!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. Are they not in the world at all or just not races that can interact with you. That's often the case if you have multiple continents.

Absolutely, there are practically no other continents. Its a large region that's been modified a bit. They're not in the world at all. Of course I can always double-check legends mode to make sure. I'll also check the entity files to see whether there are specific reasons they wouldn't show up.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK I've uploaded the file to DFFD, and you can get it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6644. I've made the proposed changes anyway, and checked that they work.

Note that [SKILL:MASON] should have been [SKILL:MASONRY] in the raws, and I've corrected that now. All the stones which have block reactions related have been given [REACTION_CLASS:ALCHEMY_BLOCK].

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im up, Boatbusted will enter a new age of culture and commerce under my reign!

Be ready to repair my elvish constructions guys. I aint no dwarf.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

Kill it...kill it with fire.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That was the biggest win I have ever seen in Bay12.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

Then you must have missed Markedangels it's 90% win and 10% youtube vidoes with pro-wrestling.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And so it begins.

The legend of Boatbusted: The fortress where dwarves are dwarves, elves are dwarves, and the kobolds are steel-clad berserkers. What lies in store for its inhabitants? Glory? Wealth? Thousands of -chalk drums-?

Then you must have missed Markedangels it's 90% win and 10% youtube vidoes with pro-wrestling.

I haven't read Markedangels, but I think I may start now.

Captain Mana's Log, 2nd Granite 21: The Cultural Revolution

The time has come. Free of my responsibilities as leader of Boatbusted, I can now sit back and watch events unfold. The new leader, Coral, has proclaimed a new age of culture and commerce. I hope we're going to succeed at the former. At the latter, we need to show the Mountainhomes that we're not running a naive idealistic project.

Those in Twilighttours would have us believe that the Mountainhomes are the center of culture and commerce in the world.

They are wrong.

The reality is that Mountainhome Twilighttours is a hellhole filled with the insane rulers of society.

The reality is, the monarchy are not running things. Everyone in society is either broke, going broke, insane, or getting out of there. Unfortunately, the monarchy have nowhere to go. Its not like that's the most serious of problems either.

Twilighttours is in the middle of a fucking tundra, which means it contains an unusually large concentration of the local population. Combined with this is the general lack of safety in town - even the local vampire population is now at risk of death or serious injury at the hands of mobs and riots. The streets are a mess of blood, vomit, and sewage. The jails are packed full of those who have committed utterly trivial offences, or in some cases no offences at all. Even animals are shoved into jails now, for elves-knows-what reasons. Magical artifacts and the practice of magic is mostly applied to keeping the city safe from its own residents, and so not only does every vandal and thug go free on the streets, but also those who have the capacity to change things are tasked with accelerating the decline of the city. I can predict with certainty that Boatbusted is going to face a large migration wave in the next few weeks, as dwarves leave the Mountainhomes for a better life.

Here in Boatbusted, we shall follow a different road, one which I'm hoping Coral will reveal soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6