Poll

Which of these mods would you prefer

None
Civilisation Forge
What Has Science Done?!
Suika Fortress
Other (please specify)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Boatbusted, a Civ Forge Succession Game. Absolutely No Experience Required.  (Read 10950 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: A Complicated Succession Game: No Experience Required
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 12:36:10 pm »

Long embark tests shows that flowing water is also going to be a huge weight on FPS. I'm going to change my embark parameters a little, and see where that gets us before we go full on.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 07:12:58 pm »

I would like a turn on this  8)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 08:57:35 pm »

Oh, this is interesting.

waitaminutethat'smymodinthepollwhat
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:02:18 pm by Putnam »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 01:04:25 am »

Oh, this is interesting.

waitaminutethat'smymodinthepollwhat

Your mod is epic. Whats so what?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 02:53:26 am »

Oh, it's just incomplete as hell. It doesn't even have osmium D:

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 04:41:58 am »

I'll have a turn.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 07:03:57 pm »

I would like a turn on this  8)

Added to Turn 6.

I'll have a turn.

Added to Turn 7.

Oh, it's just incomplete as hell. It doesn't even have osmium D:

If people really want, I can merge Putnam's mod with Civilisation Forge, as long as its not terribly broken. I strongly approve of mods that add a large number of new materials. However, its going to require a few changes, such as regenerating worlds and changing the roleplay.

I've located a reasonably good embark location. The 3x16 embark will have a starting FPS of 90-100. When people start to get less than 50 FPS, they should let me know. This may be the point to increase the playtime to 72 hours.

Edit: What is the best way to put up images for the game?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:07:35 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 09:12:52 pm »

It begins...

Because of reasons relating to the English language, I'm renaming my dwarf Captain Mana, with the profession of Archmage.

Here are the six other dwarves for you to pick:

Datan Risenushul, the Militia Commander, a military dwarf with mining skill.

Reg Lolorasdug, another military dwarf with mining skill.

Uzol Enshalathel, a Mason and Swordsdwarf.

Melbil Fathbim, an Armorsmith and Swordsdwarf, serving as our bookkeeper and manager.

Kadol Fikodestun, a Blacksmith with reasonable skill at growing things.

Tulon Lurittekkud, a Carpenter and Boyer.

To conclude the cinematic introduction, we see Captain Mana and the starting seven on the wagon, flying at irresponsibly high speeds through the open gates and into the blizzard beyond...

Captain Mana's Log, 1st Granite, 21

We've arrived at our destination.

I hereby proclaim the foundation of Boatbusted by The Infinite Ship, effective on 1st Granite 21.

This place is hot. Very, very hot. At this time of year in Twilighttours, the aboveground is frozen. Here, there is no frost or snow and likely no chance of having any solidified water.

Captain Mana's Journal, 5th Granite 21.

I've ordered some temporary workshops set up from the wood we've brought with us. There isn't a specific location on the map especially important towards our goals, so I am ordering the construction of a survival shelter to begin with.

Our lands comprise four distinct regions. The first is the lake, which within our borders has a maximum depth of four urists.

The second and third regions are marsh and swamp, of a greatly anomalous type. The reports were sketchy; as far as I can see there isn't anything particularly disturbing or dangerous going on in them.

The fourth region is classed as a "liberal forested zone", which is known in the Mountainhomes as a dangerous place filled with elves, traitors, and vile beasts, but according to empirical scientific research is the safest place to be, as long as you do not annoy the unicorns.

I am going to order the construction of the shelter upon the forested region with the feathery grass. If anyone from the Mountainhomes complains, they can suck my gold nuggets.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 10:00:35 pm »

I would like to have Kadol Fikodestim. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 12:16:13 am »

If people really want, I can merge Putnam's mod with Civilisation Forge, as long as its not terribly broken. I strongly approve of mods that add a large number of new materials. However, its going to require a few changes, such as regenerating worlds and changing the roleplay.

There isn't actually much of a difference, though regenning the world would be required for it and, I guess, roleplay would need to be change for that, yes. Most of the new materials are, admittedly, pretty useless; most of them are based around steel, rare metals like beryllium, or spoilers.

I've located a reasonably good embark location. The 3x16 embark will have a starting FPS of 90-100. When people start to get less than 50 FPS, they should let me know. This may be the point to increase the playtime to 72 hours.

3x16? You are severely overestimating other's computers. My computer can handle 4x4 at 1200 FPS on embark, but my computer is also a fast one.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 09:45:31 am »

3x16? You are severely overestimating other's computers. My computer can handle 4x4 at 1200 FPS on embark, but my computer is also a fast one.

This is a laptop, approaching 3 years old. I admit, its a Mac... but from what I've heard, its the RAM latency that's the issue. My RAM specs are 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, and its pretty much standard in Macs (as far as I know Macbooks don't have much choice for memory). There is no large-scale flowing water on the map, which tends to kill FPS. The only water-biomes in the area are lakes, not oceans, so there aren't any waves or major sources of mist, which also kills FPS.

The one thing that could be a problem is if the river starts producing water (the water is stationary because of game-related bugs).

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 12:16:48 pm »

I'm still getting 90-100 FPS, but it fluctuates quite a bit. Note that my FPS is capped at 100.

Captain Mana's Log, 10th Slate 21

We're nearly half-way through spring now. We've dug out some farms in the soil layer, and are continuing work on our survival shelter. If things go really bad in Boatbusted in later years, we will be able to use the survival shelter to withdraw somewhere safe.

The anomalous biomes show absolutely no sign of major abnormality besides the appearance of some giant insects and a swarm of blood gnats.

After running out of the wood we brought along, I've ordered more wood to be cut. We're going to have a reasonable supply of Featherwood and Silverwood, which only grow in the forest.

The Archmage's Journal, 1st Felsite 21

A cloud of eerie smoke has drifted nearby! Its coming through the marsh to the west.

This only affirms my confidence in my choices.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:50:17 pm by CaptainArchmage »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Captain Mana's Report, Haematite 1st

Spring is over! The shelter is mostly dug out now. I am digging out a barracks area. We have farms set up and have begun planting, sporadically.

Rain continues and will continue over the marsh, lake, and swamp. At least its normal rain.

We've also observed three clouds of eerie smoke rolling across the landscape in the last month, and I now have an idea of what it does. Three giant thrips have been wiped out by one of the clouds, so its safe to say we should avoid them. I'm also reasonably certain the regions don't make dead thing walk so far.

7th Malachite

I've dug out a storage area next to what will be the dining hall, and moved our food into it. I've also roofed over the entrance.

We've also received migrants. They are:

Lor Luritonol, a leatherworker.
Sodel Zuntirdeg, a miner
Etur Risenmeng, 6 year old
Momuz Imkethkadol, 4 year old
Zon Lolokzatthud, 2 year old

I've made Lor the new sheriff.

More clouds of eerie smoke have been seen. We're going to have to watch out for anyone travelling aboveground outside the forested region or lake.

As Autumn approaches, we will need to get the depot set up, and produce some trade goods. I'll also try to start work on the fortress proper.

17th Malachite

A cloud of eerie smoke has drifted nearby! Its right next to us, and I'm putting us on alert until further notice.

Captain Mana's log, 1st Galena, Late Summer

We're standing down from alert now that the cloud has dissipated. It was a close call, but it missed our wagon, and it doesn't seem to move into the forest region.

I'm now ordering the construction of the fortress proper. This will likely take some time to finish. I also want to set up a defensive wall in the immediate area.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel

48 hours is up :)
Let the next player in line start.

I wanna play! :)

Betelgeuse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This sounds like an interesting game. I would like to take a turn if you're still taking people.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6