Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 64958 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now
« Reply #555 on: September 02, 2014, 01:00:01 pm »

Just so you know, the Emperor Edition beta patch is live now, doesn't include any of the new content like the new campaign yet, but includes the reworked production chains and game fixes and whatnot.

Of course, opting in to the beta branch will break all your mods that aren't updated, and will break any saves you have.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 02, 2014, 02:29:51 pm »

Just so you know, the Emperor Edition beta patch is live now, doesn't include any of the new content like the new campaign yet, but includes the reworked production chains and game fixes and whatnot.

Of course, opting in to the beta branch will break all your mods that aren't updated, and will break any saves you have.

Double installations ho!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 02, 2014, 07:17:51 pm »

Double installations ho!

Yup. Copy/paste r2tw from steam to different location. Change the exe (heh shrug) so it doesn't load steam. Then play steam version beta and modded version. :) otherwise when its officially released, it forces an update even if updates are turned off...which is lame. I've opted into beta, steam updated it but haven't had time to try it.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 11, 2014, 05:06:25 pm »

Been playing as Libya. Start as client to Carthage, but as soon as they declared war I broke it.

Took Carthage (city) as soon as I could. Went west all the way to new Carthago. Took them out, with help. Made client states of all African nations except Egypt and Numidians. So a huge African alliance.

Going up into what used to be Seleucid lands, but a barbarian faction took them and Armenia went to war after that. My goal is Antioch, even if I have to attack Armenia for it.

Libya is a lot of fun. But I lost first time. Waited to long to take city of Carthage, and lost. A key city for Libya to take. Really weakens Carthage too.

But got all of Africa (includes client states) and up east to Jerusalem. I won't have any non-african client states, but maybe give Seleucids Antioch back and client state them. That be only exception. I really want the city though. But love Seleucids. Otherwise "maybe" client state Armenia. But no one else.

What you guys think?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 24, 2014, 11:17:04 am »

Fired up my 80%-complete Roman Empire world conquest save in Emperor Edition. I expected it to be a bit buggy, but I never foresaw the hilarity of Civil War one turn on, with my biggest, most experienced armies (incl. all border armies in regions where there's no other armies to fight them off) going over to the rebels.

Needless to say, I love it. The only formidable force not boxed in by rebels is in Hispania, which, uhh, is a bit worrying. I'm bound to lose Italy, Greece, the Balkans and Anatolia. Britannia is already lost; the south went to rebels with its only army and navy, and one Scottish city isn't going to raise an army against them. Germania might be saveable if I blitz across Gaul. Aaaaaaah. Those bastard rebels will probably change my city set-ups/construction too. LEAVE MY STEPPE AUXILIARIES ALONEE

Hehee. Very nice.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 24, 2014, 11:26:12 am »

So do you have to defeat all of them to win? That seems kinda annoying.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 24, 2014, 11:35:10 am »

Emperor Edition = finally out of beta lol

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 24, 2014, 12:08:00 pm »

So do you have to defeat all of them to win? That seems kinda annoying.

I'm not sure, but possibly. It's not supposed to hit this late in the game, I think - the previous one was much earlier, with only a handful of (new, randomly generated) legions. That civil war bugged out after the save undergoing several major patches, but it didn't seem like it was going to be too difficult.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 24, 2014, 11:44:57 pm »

Looks like the next Total War game is going to be a Mongol or Hunnic one.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 25, 2014, 02:24:00 am »

So what is the mod of choice to make battles last longer instead of guys dying super quick? Hardly any time for tactical maneuvers as it is.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 25, 2014, 03:03:37 am »

Looks like the next Total War game is going to be a Mongol or Hunnic one.

Huh? Is there a trailer or something out?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 25, 2014, 05:54:44 am »

Man that is one big head.
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 25, 2014, 09:24:07 am »

Though I've liked the game from release, I have to admit the version of today is much, much better than that. Even basic and very useful things such as legionaries automatically throwing their javelins when charged (previously only when attacking) and the withdraw button seem to have been added only now. Loose/tight spacing also only came in a while back.

I don't mind so much - better late than never, and I'm happy CA has kept adding and improving the game for this long (and giving me free DLC, oy), but... yeah, why wasn't all this stuff in at release?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41