Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 64984 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Rome 2 totally has a trailer now
« Reply #240 on: August 30, 2013, 06:40:43 pm »

Yes but that is the PC DVD version...so it has to be shipped to you likely after release...if you are pre-ordering to play instantly on release...probably not the best idea...if for the price? then heck yeah...that is a hell of a price

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 01, 2013, 09:48:38 pm »

One day, 4 hours remaining.

You'd think it'd have been better if they had released the game before labour day weekend...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2013, 10:46:20 pm »

Eh it would have been nice but they probably assume a fair share of people are gonna be busy with cookouts and family or whatever

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2013, 12:09:20 am »

You don't ever want to release a game on a weekend really. (First release, I'm not taking about the bullshit that is regional release schedules.) There's always that one chance that things could go spectacularly wrong, and if it happens, you don't want your pants to be down by having all of your workers who could find the problem on holiday. Otherwise you wind up looking like Maxis after SimCity. (Not that that was a weekend situation as far as I recall, but you get the comparison).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:12:03 am by Silent_Thunder »

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2013, 04:23:41 am »

So I just found out I have Tuesday and Wednesday off. AWWWW YES.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2013, 06:21:55 am »

I crumpled and pre ordered.

Would anyone be interested in doing a multiplayer campaign tomorrow ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2013, 07:38:13 am »

So I just found out I have Tuesday and Wednesday off. AWWWW YES.

Lucky bastard lol...I on the other hand will simply be getting no sleep and dealing with the consequences lol

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #247 on: September 02, 2013, 07:54:36 am »

Got given a £50 Steam token as a present. Pre-ordered this, bought "Sir, You Are Being Hunted!". Today I shall flee in terror from robots in tweed, tomorrow my reign of terror shall begin.

I'm usually not a fan of pre-orders but the £10 off, that it wasn't really "money I'd earned" and it was money I had to spend on a game anyway, and that I was deliberately looking for a game to buy kinda sealed the deal. That they've been very open about showing in-game footage and actual recorded plays of it helps. I'd definitely not pre-order if it was all CG-trailers.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:56:09 am by MorleyDev »

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 02, 2013, 09:54:01 am »

You can see the achievements on Steam now, if you're so inclined. They're bugged, I assume as somehow more people have the 500 hours of playtime achievement, then people with 100 hours...

But looking at them suggests the MP aspect is just going to be like every TW before Shogun 2. Which I guess is good for me - I won't have to sink anytime into playing it. :P
Some of the achievements though sound pretty brutal.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2013, 10:02:55 am »

Pre-ordered this, bought "Sir, You Are Being Hunted!". Today I shall flee in terror from robots in tweed, tomorrow my reign of terror shall begin.

Sir is a bloody good game even in it's current state; enjoy staving off your "oh god oh god rome is out TOMORROW" anticipation with it!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2013, 12:15:38 pm »

I won't be able to play it till like the 20th :(

Still I hope in that time that there will be a mod so there are some unit card portraits.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I hate the unit cards and I hate the portrait in the bottom left, I either hope there is an option for it to be old style or a mod to do it.

I am looking forward to city/siege battles, in Rome 1 they were pretty buggy.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 02, 2013, 12:22:46 pm »

I hate the unit cards and I hate the portrait in the bottom left, I either hope there is an option for it to be old style or a mod to do it.

Howcome you don't like them? I think they look really good and stylised.

Well they were absolutely fantastic in Medieval 2, Empire and Shogun 2 so hopefully they shall continue this trend. (I omit Napoleon because holy shit were those sieges buggy as fuck.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2013, 12:36:10 pm »

I can see why he wouldn't like them. The faces look really weird (they look like shaved apes) and the unit cards are hard to distinguish at a glance. When you watch gameplay videos, there are more instances of those freaky faces and it gets very odd. Your advisors for example are quite bizarre.

It's not really a dealbreaker for me though.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2013, 01:44:14 pm »

Howcome you don't like them? I think they look really good and stylised.

Because they aren't very informative as to what unit is what. Should it come down to it I will use the Rome 1 unit cards. I mean I understand what they are going for and can appreciate the thought it but I don't really like it. I would use them if I play a stick figure mod.

Well they were absolutely fantastic in Medieval 2, Empire and Shogun 2 so hopefully they shall continue this trend. (I omit Napoleon because holy shit were those sieges buggy as fuck.)

I haven't played Shogun but even in Medieval the sieges were pretty buggy, and Empire as well with the manning the cannons was interesting but it didn't play out too well with the AI. I think I would go so far as to say the AI in Rome was better at defending sieges then in Empire, im pretty sure I took out a star fort which had like 10 units of regulars with 2 units just going in for close combat all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41