Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 64964 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Rome 2 totally has a trailer now
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2013, 07:00:54 pm »

Yup :P

Although I hope they improve the AI so it doesn't have to cheat, hardest difficulty campaign on Rome 1 is pretty damn hard.

I have killed 4 2000 man armies and they are still throwing more at me, it's also mean that all the factions I am at war with seem to only go for me solely, Greeks have lost all of Greece because they kept trying to take bloody Apollonia which is a tiny town yet still worth sending 6000 (4k i killed, then the last 2k killed my Eastern Army :( ) men while the Brutii conquer Greece with ease, and then the Gauls are like, "no fu Massilia is ours" and send hordes at me, not just any old hordes though 12 stacks of units who have experience level 6 and include swordsmen even though its only like turn 20. And then Carthage are being bastards as well! I didn't even attack them but they keep hanging around Syracuse and Messana with 3 20~ stack armies.... and bombarding me with spies to cause unrest :( .

I like challenges but it's ridiculous...bloody Carthage ruining my plans by attacking me!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2013, 07:30:54 pm »

For those of you who are waiting in anticipation, may I reccomend watching the old BBC show Time Commanders. In it a team of 4 people commanded an army reenacting famous battles from antiquity (and a few from the middle ages). They used the RTW engine, with technicians controlling the army for the players so they can focus on orders and strategy instead of learning the controls and interface. Usually they (the teams, not the techs) fucked up hilariously.

One such episode is here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MQ8gIxBj4Y

Warning, this team is possibly one of the worst on the show ever

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2013, 08:40:54 pm »

Meh Time Commanders had potential but having 4 people try to control one army is a recipe for disaster especially if they don't even know what does what. Still I didn't miss an episode when it was airing :P

IIRC most of the time the team won is when they had like a huge numerical advantage.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2013, 02:51:43 am »

Wanna know what sucks? Rome 2 comes out the day after I start college :(
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2013, 06:19:22 am »

It comes out on my one week off. If it wasn't my week off, it'd come out at the start of my jam packed university week.

I'm pretty sure this is a sign from above.

Meh Time Commanders had potential but having 4 people try to control one army is a recipe for disaster especially if they don't even know what does what. Still I didn't miss an episode when it was airing :P

IIRC most of the time the team won is when they had like a huge numerical advantage.

Well, apart from the fact that disaster is funny, there's some pretty excellent winning teams.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:21:10 am by Jackrabbit »

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2013, 07:40:57 am »

College already started for me :(  Perhaps I'll be able to pick up and play this game come Christmas but I don't have time now.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2013, 08:25:22 am »

For those of you who are waiting in anticipation, may I reccomend watching the old BBC show Time Commanders. In it a team of 4 people commanded an army reenacting famous battles from antiquity (and a few from the middle ages). They used the RTW engine, with technicians controlling the army for the players so they can focus on orders and strategy instead of learning the controls and interface. Usually they (the teams, not the techs) fucked up hilariously.

One such episode is here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MQ8gIxBj4Y

Warning, this team is possibly one of the worst on the show ever
Reminds me of a similar show (the name of which I have sadly forgotten), which I believe came out before Time Commanders. Instead of being a competition between two teams, it was more about "re-enacting" ancient battles using the RTW engine. I remember watching that show, and getting RTW later that year or the year after and immediately recognizing it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2013, 08:42:53 am »

Reminds me of a similar show (the name of which I have sadly forgotten), which I believe came out before Time Commanders. Instead of being a competition between two teams, it was more about "re-enacting" ancient battles using the RTW engine. I remember watching that show, and getting RTW later that year or the year after and immediately recognizing it.

You mean Decisive Battles but that was after Time Commanders started

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2013, 11:36:10 am »

Debating if I should pre-order or not...so conflicted...and I have a feeling I will get it anyways at some point...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2013, 11:51:21 am »

If you know you'll get it anyway, and Greeeeccceeeeeee, then yes.
If you may buy it anyway, but do not care for Greece, then just wait.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2013, 12:02:57 pm »

Nah they are bastards for pulling that card...I don't know how I could enjoy the game without Athens or Sparta...clearly my 2 favorite ancient civilizations.

Luckily Green Man Gaming has it for $10 off so that makes it an easy decision.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2013, 12:26:14 pm »

Nah they are bastards for pulling that card...I don't know how I could enjoy the game without Athens or Sparta...clearly my 2 favorite ancient civilizations.

Luckily Green Man Gaming has it for $10 off so that makes it an easy decision.

It's not like they won't exist in the game at all, just that they will be as they were in Rome 1 as the Greek Cities while with the DLC the Greek Cities will be divided up into the 3 factions and you get a few DLC units and buildings etc....

What I'm interested in is how moddable the game will be, if it's as moddable as it's predeccesors I don't really see the need to have DLC.

But then again the the pre-order is probably going to be cheaper then buying the game after release and even the XMAS sale might not be cheaper then it is now, might have to wait till the Easter sale or even Summer sale next year to get it for a cheaper price. Anyone knows how much the DLC would sell for once the game is released anyway?

Also is greenman gaming that much cheaper for you? It's shaving off an amazing £1 for me when compared to Steam Store.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2013, 01:01:12 pm »

Tw has been less moddable at every iteration

I have preordered because rome but so far everything shown is scripted an I really have no faith on the final product

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2013, 01:54:01 pm »

I preordered it from GMG at a $15 discount.

This was back in the beginning of May though. I think I posted it in here. 25% discount I believe.

Total War is literally the only series I'm willing to preorder.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2013, 02:52:52 pm »

I'm destroyed by Seleucid DLC.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41