Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: What is the best...Film?  (Read 30162 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best...Vegetable?
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2012, 10:45:12 pm »

DO NOT LET THE LACK OF ONION HOLD YOU BACK! MAKE THOSE ONION-LESS ONION RINGS, DAMMIT!

That would be called a Chiro
You mean a churro? Nah, that's something else entirely.

Deep fried doh? I think that is a Churro exactly

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2012, 10:46:00 pm »

Onion Rings are only good 20% of the time.
You have made a powerless enemy today.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:20 pm »

I have a confession: I hate the texture of onions.

They taste great! But make sure you use onion powder for the flavoring, not onions, else I'll pick them out. 'Cause their texture is gross.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:41 pm »

DO NOT LET THE LACK OF ONION HOLD YOU BACK! MAKE THOSE ONION-LESS ONION RINGS, DAMMIT!

That would be called a Chiro
You mean a churro? Nah, that's something else entirely.

Deep fried doh? I think that is a Churro exactly
Churros tend to be stick-shaped and flavored with cinnamon and sugar. Neither of those things apply to onion rings, regardless of lack of onion. Yet another enemy made in this thread.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2012, 10:50:22 pm »

If potato is a vegetable, that.

Onions... no. Literally the only thing with onions in it I can stand are sour cream and onion potato chips. Otherwise the things taste unequivocally foul to me :-\

It's really annoying. Lots and lots of stuff that looks and smells really good have onions in it, but the bloody things just ruin the experience for me. Even if they're really finely diced or whatever... doesn't matter. If I had a tenner for every time someone told me that you can't taste the onions that was a damn dirty lie, I could have funded my bachelor's degree.

Kinda' like shredded coconut and baked things. I hate shredded coconut with an unholy passion. Get. Out. Of. My. Teeth. You goddamn foul tasting thread wannabe.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2012, 10:50:57 pm »

I have a confession: I hate the texture of onions.

They taste great! But make sure you use onion powder for the flavoring, not onions, else I'll pick them out. 'Cause their texture is gross.

Their texture varies wildly based on how they've been cooked. In a ragout, they've dissolved through the sauce; in a salad they're crisp, sorta like thin slices of apple. I'll agree that roast onions are a bit weird and slimy, but they're no reason to give up on the vegetable entirely.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2012, 10:52:53 pm »

I'll jump on the confession train and admit that I can't stand raw onions. Cooked in some manner, fine. Raw? No thank you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2012, 10:53:32 pm »

Onion Rings are only good 20% of the time.
You have made a powerless enemy today.

Have you tasted badly made Onionrings? Great onion rings are amazing and I'd eat them instead of fries EVERYTIME!

But bad onion rings... what is the point?

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2012, 10:57:27 pm »

May as well be touting the value of wheat.
WHEAT: One of the pillars of all post-nomadic civilization.

Nomads are cool and tall and muscular. City-dwellers are short and flabby.
Humans were shorter in the past. Five to ten inches shorter in the mid 1800's, when the first records of it were taken. You can only imagine how it was back in the days of nomads. Muscular is doubtful too. Limited diet, common disease...

If you want tall and muscular humans, you are only going to find them in the modern day.

Actually the barbarians on the frontiers of Rome and Greece were known for tallness and muscularity. Celts like Hochdorf Man in 500 BC were 6'2" tall. Their diets have been described as mostly pastural, diary and meat, meanwhile most Greeks and Romans subsisted on bread and other agrarian offerings, which are lower in protein.

There have also been other burial mounds from Northern Italy and Ireland showing the tallness of Celtic nobility. However, the size of ordinary Celts with less ample diets is hard to determine, since their burials are rarely recovered. The Greek and Roman literature stereotypes all barbarians as quite tall, though.

In general, nothing about modern man is better than ancient man. Same gene pool, really. Their capacity for height, or muscularity, or for intellect is equal to ours. The only difference is better average nutrition, and even that is just on average.

My favorite fruit is milk.
....Get out.

Come on. It's sweet, like a fruit.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2012, 11:00:16 pm »

Wait, no, I change my mind. Broccoli. Broccoli is awesome.
With you all the way!
Cauliflower is clearly the superior tree-shaped vegetable.
If it tasted more like broccoli I might agree, it does go well with cheese sauce, though.

I'll jump on the confession train and admit that I can't stand raw onions. Cooked in some manner, fine. Raw? No thank you.
How about pickled onions?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2012, 11:01:57 pm »

Being fair, Vat, pretty much everything goes well with cheese sauce.

I mean, like. Everything. All of it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2012, 11:03:34 pm »

Their diets have been described as mostly pastural, diary and meat, meanwhile most Greeks and Romans subsisted on bread and other agrarian offerings, which are lower in protein.

Yes, but how did they cook their onions? It's all about the onions right now.

The milk of the cow is good for the calf. And the juice of the barley for me, etc.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2012, 11:05:45 pm »

Their diets have been described as mostly pastural, diary and meat, meanwhile most Greeks and Romans subsisted on bread and other agrarian offerings, which are lower in protein.

Yes, but how did they cook their onions? It's all about the onions right now.

The milk of the cow is good for the calf. And the juice of the barley for me, etc.

To me knowledge they didn't. The Ancient Romans actually ate vegetables like Onions and Potatoes raw.

Mind you they probably also cooked it...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2012, 11:07:52 pm »

Wait, no, I change my mind. Broccoli. Broccoli is awesome.
With you all the way!
Cauliflower is clearly the superior tree-shaped vegetable.
If it tasted more like broccoli I might agree, it does go well with cheese sauce, though.
Do you know they're the same species? :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2012, 11:09:15 pm »

The Ancient Romans actually ate vegetables like ... Potatoes raw.
I find this unlikely, given that potatoes are native to the American continents.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28