Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673559 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5745 on: December 09, 2016, 12:22:20 pm »

So, the earlier statement about being able to get all of the HAs in game was a falsehood?

Dammit, I had gotten my hopes up, too :<
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: December 09, 2016, 12:25:39 pm »

So, the earlier statement about being able to get all of the HAs in game was a falsehood?

Dammit, I had gotten my hopes up, too :<
Maybe, maybe not.
Primarina can't have her HA at this time in the game...but thanks to QR codes....Maybe she can get Luiquid Voice in the future,
But even then, without external codes/events/etc, no you can't obtain them all in-game.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: December 11, 2016, 02:39:03 pm »

The popular Game Theorists did an interesting theory video claiming that Pokemon GO takes place before the other games, and might be building up to the mysterious Pokemon War that military guy mentioned.  I haven't really played any but GO, but it seemed pretty well evidenced?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N9EEH_iDXU

Main points:
Fossil pokemon aren't extinct yet
No sign of Ditto or Mewtwo yet, though Ditto got added recently!  Relies on theory that Ditto are failed attempts at Mewtwo
Professor Price looks similar to an old Willow, and his middle name is Willow
Rare candies seem like contraband in most games, but are everywhere and species-specific here.  Does the current candy-system get outlawed due to the war?  Are rare candies Mew candies?

And then he said Instinct and Mystic would ally to defeat Valor but I think that was a joke (:

It can't be true, though.  Lt. Surge claims that electric pokemon saved him during the war...  And electric is complete balls in GO :P
Vaporeon is why we can't have nice things :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: December 11, 2016, 05:50:39 pm »

Game Theorists is full of crap. The fossil pokemon are pretty explicitly prehistoric, some of them even have Pokedex entries mentioning them being extinct for 100,000+ years. You would have to argue that the games take place so many millennia in the future that all traces of our modern society have been completely wiped away while somehow leaving humans and the vast majority of pokemon species pretty much exactly the same, which just raises more questions.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: December 11, 2016, 06:02:40 pm »

Game Theorists have always been full of crap. "MARIO: EVIL?" "NESS: DEAD?" etc.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: December 11, 2016, 06:03:39 pm »

Keep in mind that this is the guy who played one or two cases before declaring Phoenix Wright a criminal who steals evidence and claims that Sans is a dead Ness.

Fakedit: Dammit Reudh
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: December 11, 2016, 07:11:02 pm »

He's often full of crap (the Halo armor video was much ado about a very minor theory, though the cosplay was nice).  But as someone who Wants To Believe (tm), the videos can be fun...  Also I think his sign-off disclaimer that it's "Just a theory" counts for a lot :P
He sure gets excited about trivial stuff sometimes though.  That's pretty much the point of the show, heh.

Game Theorists is full of crap. The fossil pokemon are pretty explicitly prehistoric, some of them even have Pokedex entries mentioning them being extinct for 100,000+ years. You would have to argue that the games take place so many millennia in the future that all traces of our modern society have been completely wiped away while somehow leaving humans and the vast majority of pokemon species pretty much exactly the same, which just raises more questions.
Mmokay good, this is the sort of thing I was looking for!
I wanted to argue that the fossils are old but the extinction could be recent, but Ruby kinda shuts that down by calling Omanyte "ancient and long-since-extinct".
And the show says they went extinct tens of thousands of years ago, but I was ready to doubt the show :P

Well, poop.  Guess it was a long shot anyway, but it's kinda sad - the game mostly makes a lot more sense as a prequel.  Guess they were lazy about the lore.
And lazy about adding ditto, because it's actually at all different...
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: December 11, 2016, 07:15:52 pm »

I did my first Wonder Trade today. For some stupid reason, I had captured a second Salandit and worse, both are male. And even worse, both were captured with nigh-irreplaceable Quick Balls(I've yet to figure out where, if at all, they're sold besides FC). Sent one on his way via Wonder Trade, received... Ratata. Enjoy the useless lizard, Ratata's OT.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: December 11, 2016, 07:37:56 pm »

Go doesn't need lore, it's a mobile tie-in game. It needs to have no relation to the main series other than including the appropriate mons and items.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: December 11, 2016, 07:48:40 pm »

Bleh, I guess.  Niantic put a *crazy* amount of lore into Ingress, I guess I was hoping for... at least a bit of story, here.  But it's like they're barely in contact with Nintendo.
She/they

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: December 11, 2016, 09:03:40 pm »

Well.

I don't think I've ever said "what the fuck" out loud in response to a Pokemon game before, save for some lousy hax on the AI's part in battles. Until just now.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: December 11, 2016, 09:35:01 pm »

Alright, out of all the things I did not expect to encounter in SuMo...
Spoiler: Malie Garden spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: December 11, 2016, 09:40:46 pm »

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER

In all seriousness though, I've gotten a Gible in a Beast Ball via wonder trade, i've been pumping them out from the nursery, so if anyone wants a dope-ass beast ball Garchomp they're more than welcome.

Also just caught a Dratini, so I'm gonna be trying to breed more Dratini.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: December 11, 2016, 10:21:10 pm »

I have a doubles team in the works. Selazzle, toxapex, Kommo-o, Dragonair(yes DragonAIR), Crobat, Braviary.

I bred all I need and started leveling pokes,  first one is the braviary, because I always wanted to fit a braviary into a team somehow.  It was meant to beat ground types, since selazzle is weak to ground.  It had steel wings to beat ground!

Then after fully training it, took hours because I don't quite have anything high enough level to have the E4 on farm yet. I came across 2 problems:   1) Even with sheer force buffing it, steel wings is weak as all hell.  2) It turns out...GROUND IS NOT ACTUALLY WEAK TO STEEL.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: December 11, 2016, 10:24:20 pm »

lol... I was wondering why you said steel wings is strong against ground.

Yeah, it's a terrible move.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 463