Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673524 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5760 on: December 11, 2016, 10:38:22 pm »

It has rock slide now instead because rock slide with sheer force is something like 100 power, and it's not fast enough to flinch anyway.  Dragonair has been rejiggered with waterfall, so it should be able to beat ground for me instead.  Toxapex is gunna have scald/surf/or liquidation (which one depends on practical testing) too, but I can't imagine toxapex is gunna do much to anything that isn't poisoned.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: December 11, 2016, 10:44:18 pm »

It has rock slide now instead because rock slide with sheer force is something like 100 power, and it's not fast enough to flinch anyway.  Dragonair has been rejiggered with waterfall, so it should be able to beat ground for me instead.  Toxapex is gunna have scald/surf/or liquidation (which one depends on practical testing) too, but I can't imagine toxapex is gunna do much to anything that isn't poisoned.
Does your Toxapex have recover? Because that's all you need as that thing is basically immortal. It has two protects, recover, uses toxic sludge to heal, and has slots for two attack moves if you want.

Or rest if you want to be ultra, maximum-level lame.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: December 11, 2016, 11:12:49 pm »

Yep recover is part of the plan.  Toxapex is one of the pokes that I only have a soft plan for.  It will have recover and the poison protect.  But other moves are up to what works out in practice. Currently considering the aforementioned water moves, but there's also venoshock and toxic spikes.  I'm thinking venoshock on something poisoned with merciless might actually be able to do some damage despite the poor offensive stats.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: December 11, 2016, 11:16:53 pm »

Oh, I found out something else about Mimikyuu as well, since we were discussing it a couple pages back.  It appears that Fake Out and Knock Off are not the only secondary effects that slice through Disguise; Nuzzle will as well, and paralyzing it should have a wee bit of an effect on its "set-up and sweep" capabilities.  It seems probable that almost any move with a practical secondary effect should give it an interesting time. 

It's probably old news, though. :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: December 11, 2016, 11:53:56 pm »

Oh, I found out something else about Mimikyuu as well, since we were discussing it a couple pages back.  It appears that Fake Out and Knock Off are not the only secondary effects that slice through Disguise; Nuzzle will as well, and paralyzing it should have a wee bit of an effect on its "set-up and sweep" capabilities.  It seems probable that almost any move with a practical secondary effect should give it an interesting time. 

It's probably old news, though. :P
Anything that has a secondary works on Mimikyu I believe.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: December 12, 2016, 05:58:37 am »

I haven't checked, but do multi-strike moves - Fury Swipes, Double-Slap, Arm Thrust, etc. - cause damage to Mimikyuu on the second+ hits?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: December 12, 2016, 06:26:24 am »

I haven't checked, but do multi-strike moves - Fury Swipes, Double-Slap, Arm Thrust, etc. - cause damage to Mimikyuu on the second+ hits?

Presumably, yes. Those can break substitutes, and Mimikyuu's disguise functions like a substitute except that it only blocks one hit of damage, not secondary effects. I haven't actually encountered enough Mimikyuu to test, but it's probable that it does break Disguise.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: December 12, 2016, 07:46:43 am »

None of those moves work on Mimikyu. Because Mimikyu is ghost type.

Bullet seed and stuff like that work.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: December 12, 2016, 10:28:18 am »

Isn't Fake Out a nomal move? How would it bother Mimikyu at all?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: December 12, 2016, 10:57:45 am »

Isn't Fake Out a nomal move? How would it bother Mimikyu at all?
As far as theorizing is concerned, Foresight, Scrappy, or the like.  Of course, no one runs Foresight or its clones competitively (and using these would block Fake Out due to the first-move requirement), and as far as I know, the only Scrappy Pokemon that learn Fake Out are Kangaskhan (which prefers its Mega for Parental Bond) and Mega Lopunny (which isn't available in SuMo as far as anyone has determined thus far), so that's a bit of a wash. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:59:40 am by Culise »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: December 12, 2016, 05:45:39 pm »

Also Pixilate/Galvanize/Aerilate/Refrigerate, but I'm not sure if anything gets those and fake out.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: December 12, 2016, 05:58:58 pm »

They don't.

Not to change the subject, but how do regional variants work in the Pokemon data structure? Is there a data flag that puts a given Pokemon from being from a region with a variant(assuming its expanded for regional variants beyond Alola's), or is it specific to the game? If a non-Alolan Pokemon, such as Ratata, is traded into Sun/Moon then evolves, does it evolve into Alolan Raticate? What about Pokemon that don't have a regional variant, but evolve into one that does(such as Pikachu)? If a non-Alolan Pikachu is traded to SuMo and evolves, does it become Alolan Raichu?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: December 12, 2016, 06:22:47 pm »

From what I heard once, default Pokemon brought in from other games will, upon evolving in SuMo, take on Alolan forms unless they are holding something. I think it was Eviolite but I can't really remember.

Not that it really matters at the moment, since AFAIK there isn't a way to bring Pokemon from older gens into SuMo yet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: December 12, 2016, 07:13:34 pm »

From what I heard from teh haxorz (and a couple sentences on serebii.net), stuff like normal Vulpix and normal Sandshrew evolve into normal versions but Pikachu, Exeggute and Cubone evolve into the Alolan version.

An imported (non-Gen7) non-Alolan pokemon with an Alolan form will breed to produce the Alolan form unless it's holding an everstone. Acquiring normal Raichu, normal Marowak, and normal Exeggutor is only possible through importing.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: December 12, 2016, 09:25:55 pm »

Pokemon Go's Christmas event has started, at least in part. All Gen-2 baby pokemon with the exception of Tyrogue are now available in-game, and until the 29th wild Pikachu will sometimes spawn with Santa hats, which they will keep after capture.
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 463