Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673463 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5730 on: December 07, 2016, 02:48:27 pm »

Actually on that thought is this gen the only one with implied genders for the legendaries?  I can't think of another example.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 02:51:18 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: December 07, 2016, 03:28:10 pm »

Actually on that thought is this gen the only one with implied genders for the legendaries?  I can't think of another example.
Genders for legendaries, implied or actual is nothing new
Latios is Male and Latias Is female. Heatran can be either.
As for why the dex entries are as-is...
(Big spoiler below WARNING DO NOT READ IT if you don't want a Mega-Class Spoiler!)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: December 07, 2016, 04:17:25 pm »

I'm still progressing through the story and training my Happy Hour Munchlax/Snorlax to farm 4x price money all the way to Elite 4. I want to keep Hold Off as False Swipe alternative. Any recommendation for 2 other move slots? Currently it has Brick Break and Amnesia.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: December 07, 2016, 04:41:28 pm »

If it's the event 'lax, Giga Impact to make use of the Z-Move... assuming you're not stacking Happy Hour with an Amulet Coin or Luck Incense. Otherwise, Body Slam? Actually, when I was raising it, Chip Away was doing some damage, and I think it bypasses Totem Pokemon boosts.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: December 07, 2016, 04:54:03 pm »

That's Chip Away's whole gimmick. It ignores stat changes to deal consistent damage, which I would assume includes Totem Auras.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: December 09, 2016, 02:33:08 am »

Stacking up hazards on an intimidated ninjask when suddenly

[Opposing Gardevoir's Trace!]
The opposing Gardevoir traced Dragalge's Adaptability!
Shoes...

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: December 09, 2016, 10:46:59 am »

Give me four days and I can answer the question regarding Female Trainers as i have a spare copy with a Female Trainer half-way there.
Regarding this conversation, in Pokemon Sun & Moon:

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: December 09, 2016, 11:37:30 am »

Finally started breeding and training a quality competitive team.  Like usual I'm making my own builds and not using any reccomended ones.  I'm actually doing something really unusual.  I like the looks of dragonair, but not dragonite.  So I'm going to try to make a useable stall dragonair with the help of an eveolite. Rest, sleep talk, and marvel scale, paired with a team made for inflicting poison.  Since dragonite does not get marvel scale I'm thinking this may throw some folks off.

It took 2 hours of nonstop sos battling to catch a dratini/dragonair with marvel scale.  My skill swap carbink started the fight at lv 13 and ended it at lv 35.  They definitely decided to make getting HAs a massive pain in the ass...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:41:26 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: December 09, 2016, 11:53:35 am »

They definitely decided to make getting HAs a massive pain in the ass...
They're called "Hidden" Abilities because you -have- to work your rear off for them.
Gen5 introduced them, and they were inaccessible in that generation without online access, Gen6 made them super easy to get but still required Player-to-player connections, and don't get me started on how so many people were hurting for certain safaris!
Now We have the ability to get any Alolan/Gen7 Hidden Ability in-game without having to use Web-connection(Gen5) or exchanging Friend Codes(gen6). But we have to put Effort in.
So honestly, this is better than not having access to them at all, and thus makes them have that much more Value!
(heh, Put in Effort to gain Value: I see what I did there, even though i didn't mean to do it!)

Though I'll be honest, I find Gen7's pokemon HAs to be rather lacking, maybe 6 pokemon intro'ed in Gen7(including Alolan Forms) make best use of the HAs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: December 09, 2016, 11:57:26 am »

Maybe I'm just misremembering but weren't you almost guaranteed to get a 1 poke with a HA in horde battles?

Though yea, now that I think about it, outside those horde battle pokes they were actually a pita.  Looking up ha rates for sos battles though it looks like pokes with hidden abilities don't even begin to show up til your 20th chain.  That seems a bit excessive to me. 10th maybe?  That's still a good half hour grind unless you have something with intimidate, skill swap, and false swipe on the same poke.  It's like I'm pokemon Chara creating a pile of dead dratinis behind my lapras.  Waiting for the next one to just say DETERMINATION. Gain marvel scale and crawl (slither?) into a pokeball.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:04:53 pm by Greiger »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: December 09, 2016, 12:06:06 pm »

Maybe I'm just misremembering but weren't you almost guaranteed to get a 1 poke with a HA in horde battles?

Though yea, now that I think about it, outside those horde battle pokes they were actually a pita.  Looking up ha rates for sos battles though it looks like pokes with hidden abilities don't even begin to show up til your 20th chain.  That seems a bit excessive to me. 10th maybe?  That's still a good half hour grind unless you have something with intimidate, skill swap, and false swipe on the same poke.  It's like I'm pokemon Chara creating a pile of dead dratinis behind my lapras.  Waiting for the next one to just say DETERMINATION. Gain marvel scale and crawl (slither?) into a pokeball.
Actually I can confirm Hordes didn't have a super-high HA rate...I still don't have my nest-ball-caught Sheer Force Nido-family members and I put 4 hours into finding them. Sweet Scent plus Skill swap and all.
EDIT: Cannot confirm accuracy of info here, but According to Some people online. Hordes are like 1/2 or 1/3 chance of the pokemon having it based on their available abilities, so if the pokemon has only one normal ability it's 50% if they have 2 normal abilties it 33.3% and My own experience does support this...Nido-family has 3 overall abilities...so Yeah, it can be a high chance, or a basic chance, based on the sought-after pokemon.

So yeah while available via Hordes and F-safari, Safari was far easier and Hordes were only certain Pokemon.
And yeah Seeking my HA Stufful took me about 45 chain links and 1.5 hours after finding the Stufful, about 45 minutes to find the stufful, only to get...Unnerve on Bewear....BLEH. And 44 KO'd Stuffals
---Remember You're not "Killin'" em, just making them pass-out. Otherwise they'd have far more graves in those graveyards, lol.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:20:18 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: December 09, 2016, 12:14:33 pm »

Hold on now, how does one get HAs in Gen7? The only way I'm aware of is chaining calls for help, and that doesn't work for all species.

Plus, y'know, sometimes the things will basically refuse to chain even when left at 1 HP for a few dozen turns after using an adrenaline orb...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: December 09, 2016, 12:16:43 pm »

Hold on now, how does one get HAs in Gen7? The only way I'm aware of is chaining calls for help, and that doesn't work for all species.

Plus, y'know, sometimes the things will basically refuse to chain even when left at 1 HP for a few dozen turns after using an adrenaline orb...
The chain way is how to get HA pokemon in SuMo, yes. And yeah some don't call for help at all so those abilities aren't available.
SOS battle are not popular among the players, for good reason.

As for the 1 hp + Adren Orb yet no Call?
Use another Adren Orb, it'll have "noeffect" and won't even be consumed, it'll waste that turn though.
I learnt dis da Hard-way

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: December 09, 2016, 12:17:14 pm »

Yea chaining calls for help is the way.  it just takes a LOT of chains, and some pokes are less likely to call for help than others, etc etc...

Off now to catch an infiltrator zubat.  God help my eardrums.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: December 09, 2016, 12:21:25 pm »

God help my eardrums.
Shiinotic...
By Existence: SHIINOTIC'S CRY HURTS MY BRAIN!
So I feel Ya!
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 463