Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672792 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #3961 on: December 15, 2014, 03:18:22 pm »

Mmm... rock polish...
Only thing that would have been funnier is Weakness Policy.  I love the World Turtle, in spite of its 4x Ice weakness. :3

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: December 17, 2014, 09:42:09 am »

I'm starting to get back into Pokum Men, but I dunno where to even start with all the new stuff.  Mainly the mega evolutions.

I'm thinking about putting together an RU team where things don't appear to have changed much and there's a more centralized meta to keep things simple.  Any suggestions?  Right now I'm looking at Moltres along with Shiftry and Slowking.  I still need a hazard setter (Rhyperior?) and I guess I should have a mega too. 
Shoes...

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: December 17, 2014, 11:44:40 am »

I'm starting to get back into Pokum Men, but I dunno where to even start with all the new stuff.  Mainly the mega evolutions.

I'm thinking about putting together an RU team where things don't appear to have changed much and there's a more centralized meta to keep things simple.  Any suggestions?  Right now I'm looking at Moltres along with Shiftry and Slowking.  I still need a hazard setter (Rhyperior?) and I guess I should have a mega too.
Megas aren't really any different from normal pokemon, except for the fact that they can't hold items (minus Brokendrake) and you can only have one. Only get them if you feel that you have the need for a pokemon like the mega in question. :)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: December 17, 2014, 12:30:32 pm »

Yeah.  Right now I basically have no idea what I'm doing.  I remember how to play but I'm fuzzy on a lot of typing and obviously I have no idea what most of the pokemon do anymore.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: December 17, 2014, 03:03:05 pm »

M-Beedrill in action.

Faster than a higher level Jolteon. Can 0HKO Aurorus with a non-STAB attack after a swords dance.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: December 18, 2014, 07:29:23 am »

At first I knee-jerk hated the idea of mega evolutions but as time goes on I like it more and more.  So many ass pokemon are suddenly not ass anymore.  Charizard in OU, people actually using Beedrill at all, we live in some strange times.

Decided that while RU has a smaller meta it's also generally pretty fucky.  Guys like M-Sceptile and Moltres who are stronk but can't handle OU just kind of stomp on everybody and there's not as much in the way of resources to help me learn.

Went to OU with a new team, Bisharp and Mega-Gallade as Punch Lords with Wotom, Clefable, Latias, and Talonflame as their Punch Vassals.  Winning a lot of games actually, won my first after a long, long fight I thought I was gonna lose until I realized their team was all at like 50-70% HP and their wall was down.  The Punch King punched and it was good.

Another guy had a team of all ghosts and straight up forfeited when I started Bisharp.  Another when his defiant popped on intimidate.  I love that guy.

God I love this team.  It's a heavy offense team with more pivot than stall-wall and that's really my jam.  My prediction game is off the chain. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:52:07 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: December 19, 2014, 06:57:17 am »

I got Alpha Sapphire yesterday.
And it looks like I'm late for the party.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: December 19, 2014, 07:57:03 am »

Why the shit is Primal Groudon/Kyogre allowed in BATTLE SPOT of all places? It makes no sense.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: December 19, 2014, 08:39:15 am »

Why the shit is Primal Groudon/Kyogre allowed in BATTLE SPOT of all places? It makes no sense.

well, the real question is M-RAY allowed? because /that/ would be really broken.

primal groudon/kyogre are powerful, sure, but they're not nigh-uncounterable broken
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: December 19, 2014, 08:57:35 am »

well, the real question is M-RAY allowed? because /that/ would be really broken.

primal groudon/kyogre are powerful, sure, but they're not nigh-uncounterable broken

No, of course not - I just wish that Ninty would at least be consistent - if legendaries besides trios are banned from Battle Tower/Maison/Whatever, why not Battle Spot?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: December 19, 2014, 11:12:11 am »

I've never played online battles (except the Eevee tourney, which had its own special restrictions on Pokemon), but Kyogre, Groudon, Dragon Gear Ray, Jirachi, and Deoxys are all banned from Ratings battles in spite of the Hoenn-only season.  I'm actually more surprised if Mega Ray is banned from Free battles, since I thought those were conventionally a field in which anything goes.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:13:57 am by Culise »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: December 19, 2014, 11:50:38 am »

There's a reason why I stopped playing the MP on the games themselves and only play on Showdown.

Mewtwo everywhere. Xerneas everywhere.

The ranked battles?

Hacks everywhere.

Edit: Also the actual game won't let you type-chat like this.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: December 19, 2014, 04:04:20 pm »

that was some impressive sweep
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3974 on: December 19, 2014, 07:21:43 pm »

So, a few days ago I got the Eon Ticket, and I decided to try and do something I had never done before: Soft Reset for a shiny legendary.

Now, several days later, I have a Shiny Latias. Despite having a Timid Synchronize lead, it ended up with a Quirky nature. Quirky also happens to be a completely neutral nature, so nothing was really lost there. According to the IV checker in the battle resort, it only has the 3 perfect IVs, though every non-breedable interaction or gift Pokemon in this generation has 3, random perfect IVs. (HP, Attack, and Special Attack in this instance.) I haven't bothered using an IV calculator.

Overall, I'm happy with the outcome.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 463