Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672791 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #3990 on: December 20, 2014, 06:58:42 pm »

EDIT: I'm putting together a team. I was thinking that I wanted a Metagross, a Salamence, and a Swampert to be on it, but I'm unsure what else would be good.

Ideas? I'm terrible at team-building.
Type-wise, you have a pretty balanced team. It looks like a rather offensive team, but you could probably use a really fast Pokemon. Dragon Dance can let Salamence get pretty fast, but something innately fast would be good. If you're looking to stick to native Hoenn pokemon, you could go with Starmie, Manectric, Alakazam, Absol, or maybe Crobat. Mega Metagross/Salamence/Manectric are really fast too, if you're looking for items.
Planning on going Mega on either pseudo-legendary. I'm going through the Contest circuit with an Absol right now, so I'll use heart scales later to retcon her into a battler, because Absol's pretty cool. Manectric sounds like a good electric-type pick, and I'll see if I can borrow my sister's 3DS long enough to trade over a Torchic from my Y.

Team set up.

Also, have any of you guys found the trick to getting a Feebas?

Also also, I discovered today the sheer AWESOMENESS that happens when you get the audience's excitement up all the way with an Absolite-holding Absol today. That's the most badass contest thing I've ever seen, period.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: December 20, 2014, 07:02:40 pm »

My most was 96 turns with a resttalk/whirlwind into hazards Snorlax.

Impressive was Snorlax tanking a Close Combat from Hitmontop, then resting off all the damage. By the time Serene got down to his Cresselia, he was out of PP for everything but Psycho Shift, and Snorlax couldn't break Cresselia.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: December 20, 2014, 09:09:33 pm »

Holy crap, the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
encounter is scary as hell.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: December 21, 2014, 01:38:53 am »

That's pretty mean, Bellydrum slurpuff is pretty popular in RU.

Any tactic that makes people forfeit after one thing goes wrong I consider a dumb tactic.

Or any actic that I may as well forfeit after one thing, like dropping shadow tag calm mind gothitelle on my forretress.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:46:12 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: December 21, 2014, 01:50:46 am »

Forretress has volt switch for exactly that reason.

I prefer Ferrothorn to Forretress though... if only because I keep naming it Big Zam. No rapid spin either but fuck that shit. When you run 5 walls and a poison-type you don't need to clear hazards!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: December 21, 2014, 02:04:09 am »

Oops, I meant ferrothorn.  He taunted and all I had for it was gyro ball whose damage formula is really confusing.  Sometimes it hits like a semi truck made of grenades, sometimes I think it should hit hard and it does nothing.

I have latias for clearing hazards.  Defog is more fun than the rapid spin wars of old, though I miss having defiant bisharp to troll defoggers.
Shoes...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: December 21, 2014, 02:41:15 am »

Oops, I meant ferrothorn.  He taunted and all I had for it was gyro ball whose damage formula is really confusing.  Sometimes it hits like a semi truck made of grenades, sometimes I think it should hit hard and it does nothing.

I have latias for clearing hazards.  Defog is more fun than the rapid spin wars of old, though I miss having defiant bisharp to troll defoggers.

It's not just based on the user's speed, it's based on the speed difference. Just like Electro Ball, but in reverse, up to a maximum of 150 if the user's speed is 25% or less of the target's.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: December 21, 2014, 07:18:59 am »

I know how it works, it just doesn't seem to always work predictably.

Probably part of the problem is for safety's sake I usually assume most pokemans that aren't ferrothorn or obvious stallwalls have max speed EVs.

I dunno how I feel about things.  I feel like things are pretty centralized but I guess that's probably partly that ORAS is still pretty new and things might not have settled much yet.  The aforementioned Voltturn Rotom/Lando is in almost every team and as long as Talonflame is a top tier threat that's never gonna change.  I kind of like voltturn grappling though.  I was never much for hard walling, I've always been more of a pivot and prediction guy, I think it's more fun, kind of the equivalent of playing a rogue or archer in a game versus a tough warrior.

It's got a fun razor's edge feel to it where it's never really clear who's on top at any given moment and the advantage shifts back and forth until somebody gets on top and blows it up.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:53:47 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: December 21, 2014, 12:49:45 pm »

Do you never use stealth rock or something?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: December 21, 2014, 12:59:20 pm »

I do, that's also part of it.  Keep wearing htem down by forcing switches until I can sweep.
Shoes...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: December 21, 2014, 01:47:47 pm »

Speaking of entry hazards, does anyone know if Clear Body prevents Defog's hazard-removing effects, or just the evasion drop?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: December 21, 2014, 11:25:06 pm »

I changed my mind.  Every team's the fucking same right now. 
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: December 22, 2014, 01:40:01 am »

Baton pass Ninjask
ENGAGE.
NERD.
RAGE.

Baton Pass Ninjask makes me sad. But then, I am an NU player, and a wily one. Did you know Ninjask could OHKO every single Chlorophyll user in the last generation, plus probably lots of the new ones? And it can OHKO Jynx, Primeape, and Scolipede! Three Pokemon that pretty much overran BW NU in stage 9. I practically wrote a book on Ninjask in the BW NU subforum. I never liked the Baton Pass set. It's one-dimensional and easy to play around.

Oh yeah, and all those people complaining about the end of days when Mandibuzz came to town. Oh no, it walls Choice Band Sawk! Oh no, Primeape can't hurt it! Guess we can't use those Pokemon anymore! Golurk isn't even viable! Except you can totally use Pokemon however the fuck you want in NU because winning is the meta. I ran 184 Spe Jolly Banded Golurk to bait out Mandibuzz, and when people caught on and threw a few speed EVs on their 'buzz I cranked it up to 192. People switch a setup sweeper into my Swalot expecting to get rolling and sweep, and WHAM. SPECS SWALOT. WHAT. CAN'T. EVEN. DEAL.

When I played Ubers I used a Swift Swim banded Head Smash Relicanth because it could OHKO a lot of things and nobody ever expected it to. I could have used something faster, or with more damage, or both, but sometimes you have to play your opponent to play the game.

I play the game to make stupid things work, and that's why I only play NU now.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 463