Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Visual novel thread  (Read 45043 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Visual novel thread
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012, 09:46:19 pm »

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is the thing in the original post, I've read the site, and the posts here, but I don't want to put anything on my comp that could get me in trouble.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2012, 09:52:12 pm »

It is the game of Katawa Shoujo.
It will not put any viruses into your computer.
It does, however, have some *questionable* content, if that's the kind of trouble you're talking about.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2012, 09:56:34 pm »

Unless you have some issue with cripples, KS shouldn't be a problem. You can turn adult content off.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2012, 09:58:08 pm »

Okay, well I don't want to get my ass chewed out by my mom, that would make high school a living hell.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2012, 10:00:36 pm »

This is definitely true. Nasu's writing is some of the most -- meandering? Rambling? I don't think either of those words really accurately describes it. It's the opposite of a prototypical galge. Tsukihime is even worse than FSN in that regard.
I haven't gotten that far into Tsukihime but it's felt better in this regard so far.  It hasn't had the extremely long irrelevant lectures of FSN (the only lectures have been on the nature of vampires and that actually seems kindof interesting and relevant, unlike the bizarre philosophy and magic system infodumps in FSN).

The main consolation is that UBW is a clear improvement on Fate in almost every way, although there are still some useless scenes.

Okay, well I don't want to get my ass chewed out by my mom, that would make high school a living hell.
Maybe try something else then?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2012, 10:34:42 pm »

hmmm I started playing Kamidori Alchemy Meister but I keep being distracted by Dota 2, Sin of a Solar Empire Rebellion and Ten Desires.

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »

I would suggest Sekien no Inganock for those that actually look for a story though its a bit grim.

HenAi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 06:14:25 pm »

So visual novels have lately started getting on Steam. There's Sakura Spirit which was released recently, Go Go Nippon which was released a while ago and now MangaGamer announced they'll be releasing a number of new games on Steam. Higurashi will be getting a re-release with new sprites, too.
Seems Valve is now fine with releasing all age versions of adult titles on Steam, so I guess this trend will probably continue.
Oh, and euphoria will actually be getting an English release.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 06:20:42 pm »

Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 06:22:06 pm »

Seems Valve is now fine with releasing all age versions of adult titles on Steam, so I guess this trend will probably continue.
Is it?  None of those games were adult before.

HenAi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2014, 06:30:04 pm »

Is it?  None of those games were adult before.
Chou Dengeki Stryker was.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2014, 06:39:18 pm »

None of the good novels are coming to steam, move along. None of the stuff MG announced is worthwhile, move along.
Comyu was decent, though. Certainly not more than a 6/10 or so, but better than most of the crap MG puts out.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2014, 06:48:56 pm »

Higurashi is good.

HenAi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2014, 06:49:16 pm »

None of the good novels are coming to steam, move along. None of the stuff MG announced is worthwhile, move along.
Comyu was decent, though. Certainly not more than a 6/10 or so, but better than most of the crap MG puts out.
Now I wonder what kind of VNs you prefer...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2014, 07:04:45 pm »

Higurashi's already released in varying capacities, and if the art bothers you it's probably less your speed. I prefer vns that have actually good writing. I'm not reading novels for waifu fap bait.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16