Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245023 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #870 on: July 27, 2016, 02:01:11 am »

I lucked out and got 75% off platinum for a daily reward, so for $12.50 I got around 1k plat.

Does anyone have any advice for the 3rd mastery test (melee), I don't appear to be able to manage it at the moment, the grineer shield guys keep wrecking me (not to mention that they are massively overleveled and knock down 810 shields in about 3 shots.)  I've got a maxxed Skana with some decent mods, a Chronus at rank 17 with very mediocre mods, and an unranked Scindo.  Also my only warframe is still Mag.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #871 on: July 27, 2016, 03:01:08 am »

I lucked out and got 75% off platinum for a daily reward, so for $12.50 I got around 1k plat.

Does anyone have any advice for the 3rd mastery test (melee), I don't appear to be able to manage it at the moment, the grineer shield guys keep wrecking me (not to mention that they are massively overleveled and knock down 810 shields in about 3 shots.)  I've got a maxxed Skana with some decent mods, a Chronus at rank 17 with very mediocre mods, and an unranked Scindo.  Also my only warframe is still Mag.
Rhino absolutely wrecks that test. Iron skin kicks ass.
Jump, look towards ground, melee. Should knock them to the ground. Ground finisher move should do it.
I used dual heat swords at lv 17
If in doubt, run and replenish.

2nd level of any relay will take you to Cephalon Simaris. There's an anticlockwise staircase with mastery test practices.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 27, 2016, 08:14:42 am »

Rhino absolutely wrecks that test. Iron skin kicks ass.
Jump, look towards ground, melee. Should knock them to the ground. Ground finisher move should do it.
I used dual heat swords at lv 17
If in doubt, run and replenish.

2nd level of any relay will take you to Cephalon Simaris. There's an anticlockwise staircase with mastery test practices.

Pretty sure you can't use powers any more.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 27, 2016, 09:00:12 am »

Max out pressure point, throw in elementals, max the scindo since its probably got more damage if you have a stance for it. Use lots of slide attacks or knock them down with ground slams
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 27, 2016, 11:36:02 am »

I don't have a stance for the Scindo, my Skana has some elementals and a maxxed stance that can also be applied to the Chronus (if I go ahead and max that),  I'll grind some exterminations and see if I can get the Scindo up to a useful level.  I do have a maxxed pressure point to use, so that isn't a problem.  I've had some luck with ground slams, but I can't reliably pull off slide attacks (fingers don't respond correctly.)

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 27, 2016, 11:41:36 am »

If you don't have a stance for it then probably better off with the maxed single swords & stance, since it lets you fit in more mods. A big melee fight isn't a difficult MR test like the dang solo interception at mr15 anyway, at least.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:43:30 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 27, 2016, 11:44:21 am »

Well, honestly the main problem is that I get killed, because they rip off my shields in three shots, then gang stomp me with their shield bash.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 27, 2016, 12:01:22 pm »

If surviving is the problem, bring both redirection and vitality. Jump over them for dodging or bulletjump over them for minor damage. Rolling has damage reduction. Knock them all down with Pull.

Also, you can do practice tests in Simaris' room. What level are they anyway? I don't remember there being difficult to kill enemies in any MR tests, just problems with time limits.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 27, 2016, 12:18:18 pm »

For survivability with mag, you really want to be building redirection, more as less as high as reasonably possible. You can get a huge amounts of shields that can handle most stuff. Vitality is alright, but doesn't have the synergy redirection has with mags naturally large shield pool.

Pull and ground slams are the best ways to deal with shield enemies I found. Following up with ground finishers is useful if you got everyone who has a shot on you.

((Disclaimer: Haven't played in a while, but this should still be good advice hopefully.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 30, 2016, 12:10:50 pm »

Acolytes are appearing this weekend.
So many invasions...must collect all the mods...

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 31, 2016, 07:34:39 pm »

Got past the mastery test, those pillars make for a good way to deliver ground strikes safely.  The various baddies were all level 15, and inflicted entirely too much damage, losing 810 shields in three shots (I had ample opportunity to count), then getting shield stomped into the dirt  is in no way a pleasant experience.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 03, 2016, 07:35:01 pm »

Updoot. New Nova Asuri skin. Comes with a new skin that fits all Polearm weapons, and a new Syndana.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 19, 2016, 12:51:38 pm »

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/688644-the-silver-grove/

Silver Grove update is here!

-Titania, a new frame. Unleash the butterflies!
-Glyphs. Get your graffito on.
-Quest. Do all the things.
-Weapons. At least 2 new ones! Pew pew!
-Boss fight. Raptor's now raptorier than ever!
-Fusion Core revamp. More simpler, more better.
-Frame Augments! New mods for Nyxie, Nezzie, and Altasie! Available at a syndicate near you.
-PvP Updates! New maps and stuff, yay!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 19, 2016, 02:09:47 pm »

Also, you get endo and credits back for any partial-levels on mods you had before. Legendary cores are unchanged.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 23, 2016, 01:17:43 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 133