Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244986 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #900 on: October 06, 2016, 05:33:40 pm »

Pretty much, yea. But better to use one mod on a sentinel than four mods for two weapons, I guess.

DE is still experimenting, and said that it's still open to changing things around.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:35:49 pm by BlackFlyme »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #901 on: October 06, 2016, 05:40:20 pm »

I don't even have carrier and I'm pissed off. I'm working my way towards getting him, yes, but I don't actually have him.
It just feels like the grinding that went towards getting the parts I do have is now a waste.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 06, 2016, 06:08:58 pm »

I heard that instead of 6 meter vacuum, they opted to keep the (12m) vacuum mod but made it applicable to any sentinel.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 06, 2016, 06:17:47 pm »

I heard that instead of 6 meter vacuum, they opted to keep the (12m) vacuum mod but made it applicable to any sentinel.

They had it as a passive 6m yesterday, but reintroduced the mod today. Probably going to change a few more times until they figure out what pisses off the least amount of people.

Hope that kubs and kavs will get vacuum. Little reason to use one of the furry bastards at the moment. Especially since they still decay every day.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 06, 2016, 06:40:34 pm »

Kubs and Kavs are meant for people who want Tamagachi in their Warframe. So I'd be surprised if they got it.

If they really cared, they should have just taken out the Vacuum mod and increased the default pickup radius of all Warframes. I think it's 1m now, maybe 2. They should have just made it 5 and given Carrier another purpose in life.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 06, 2016, 08:19:13 pm »

Smeeta Kavat can double things you need to actively pick up, like Syndicate medallions and statues and stars and such.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 06, 2016, 08:35:28 pm »

those cat-based red crits tho
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 06, 2016, 09:10:48 pm »

And thus carrier is now part of the useless sentinels group, along with shade & co. Except not quite. Ammo conversion without using weapon mod slots is convienient.

Helios/stealthbrow/lootcat still better companions though.
The decay isn't even relevant if you have any amount of spare credits, unless you don't have the upgraded incubator. Just put your space animal away before the daily login/syndicate rep reset ticks over (or any time you aren't going to play the next day), and then bring them back out next time and spend the 10k credits if you aren't gonna wait the length of one moderate length survival mission.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 06, 2016, 09:14:09 pm »

Hey now, Shade's useful. If you don't mind hugging an enemy's ass, since the stealth range is pretty poor.

Djinn also has the ability to buff the Gazal Machete when it uses Fatal Attraction, so in that one incredibly narrow instance, it's useful. Until it dies from every enemy targeting it because of Fatal Attraction.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 06, 2016, 09:19:56 pm »

Shade was useful until stealthbrow.
Stealthbrow not only has better stealth range and health (and shields, and armor if you manage to have space for all three), it also can has lifesteal mod and revives. And can open random lockers.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 07, 2016, 01:27:21 pm »

As an outsider, this vacuum argument is pretty funny. I don't use carrier any more, haven't since I got a Huras.

Most of the arguments made are that collecting the drops slow down the game. I'm just not seeing it. Most of the mission types, I just 'beast mode' through, never bother with containers or lockers unless they are directly in my path. Static missions like defence, survival, and interception give ample opportunity to just walk over to shit that drops. If you absolutely need a rare resource drop then chances are you will farm a boss that has it high on the loot table, or you will do a DS survival with a loot frame.

Another argument is that an item has clipped through the floor or wall. That isn't a vacuum issue.

The vacuum luxury should be a point of consent. If you are constantly out of ammo or energy and can't make it through the pack of enemies to get the drops, look at your build first.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 07, 2016, 01:49:43 pm »

I think Vacuum would be a luxury, if the standard collection radius weren't so godawful. As it is, the game has the tools to quickly run through areas while feeling like a badass, but if you do you miss out on all of the loot that's the reason to do the levels in the first place.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 07, 2016, 02:21:14 pm »

I think Vacuum would be a luxury, if the standard collection radius weren't so godawful. As it is, the game has the tools to quickly run through areas while feeling like a badass, but if you do you miss out on all of the loot that's the reason to do the levels in the first place.

The reason to run through the levels quickly IS to feel like a badass, certainly that's the way I play. If I want a particular flavour of loot, I'll head to a place where it drops and loiter there until I get my fill. Acquisition of basic resources isn't difficult with even a cursory attitude to loot collection. Animal Instinct has been a better mod for me for collecting any mods that drop, and now endo too.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 07, 2016, 02:23:51 pm »

Animal Instinct is excellent.
And really, you aren't going to miss many drops without vacuum unless you're playing survival. People run all over the place there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 07, 2016, 02:25:50 pm »

As an outsider, this vacuum argument is pretty funny. I don't use carrier any more, haven't since I got a Huras.

Most of the arguments made are that collecting the drops slow down the game. I'm just not seeing it. Most of the mission types, I just 'beast mode' through, never bother with containers or lockers unless they are directly in my path. Static missions like defence, survival, and interception give ample opportunity to just walk over to shit that drops. If you absolutely need a rare resource drop then chances are you will farm a boss that has it high on the loot table, or you will do a DS survival with a loot frame.

Another argument is that an item has clipped through the floor or wall. That isn't a vacuum issue.

The vacuum luxury should be a point of consent. If you are constantly out of ammo or energy and can't make it through the pack of enemies to get the drops, look at your build first.

In a game about mass farming rare materials to craft shit, maybe take a look at the post-game stats of people that do use Vacuum and those that don't.

And that's not even addressing the meta of pickups in a 45 or 50 minute survival match.

Like I said, there's a reason my build need Carrier. When you're pressing 4 10 times a minute and blowing through 300 energy to do so, it's nice to auto pick up that energy as your ability plays out instead of having to run around and hunt it down.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:57:16 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 133