Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245234 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #630 on: May 16, 2015, 01:10:49 am »

Event is currently ground to a halt as far as progress goes. Nef tied it up this morning, and since then the current tiebreaker round (20 uncommon cores vs 50k credits) has been glacially slow yet in Nef's favor. Deathsnacks' site is estimating the round will last into tomorrow at the current rate (17 hours from now, specifically), and theres a tiny bit of talk about how the Strun Wraith's super simple access might've nuked some of the interest in the Karak Wraith.

BTW recommendations on killing 100 kubrows? It seems a mite difficult.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 16, 2015, 04:01:32 am »

Event is currently ground to a halt as far as progress goes. Nef tied it up this morning, and since then the current tiebreaker round (20 uncommon cores vs 50k credits) has been glacially slow yet in Nef's favor. Deathsnacks' site is estimating the round will last into tomorrow at the current rate (17 hours from now, specifically), and theres a tiny bit of talk about how the Strun Wraith's super simple access might've nuked some of the interest in the Karak Wraith.

BTW recommendations on killing 100 kubrows? It seems a mite difficult.

A good melee weapon that swings low. Obex did not work very well, my dragon Nikatana did. If you dont have a good melee weapon then I would go for a high damage power. When trying my obex did not work well, I just took out the groups with ash's bladestorm. Sayrn or any other frame with heavy damage powers should do the trick if modded well.

I originally used the Obex so I could hit the dens without destroying them and spawn some more. Also I would backtract on occasion and check any den I left behind and if they seemed out of spawns before it seems they would eventually start respawning after a few minutes. I got the first 100 in four missions, with the last two doing 35 and 40-something.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:03:25 am by deoloth »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 16, 2015, 11:26:46 am »

Interestingly, while tempo royale on scindo prime would just smash the dens in one go, hysteria left it with enough health to spawn more kubrow. But yeah, bring more people. Also bring a scanner if you want, you cna keep it equipped and use the quick melee key to attack if you are using the scanner to spot kubrow dens.

Also that event round from yesterday is still going. At this rate we'll get the dera vandal just due to stalling or slow progress, which would be silly but not terrible at all.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 16, 2015, 01:58:23 pm »

And nobody who wasn't doing every single round in the first couple days of the event would be able to get one. Great work DE.

EDIT: At long last that round has ended. Now Alad is actually paying more.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:07:14 pm by frostshotgg »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 16, 2015, 05:32:34 pm »

Event is back in motion. 9-8 favoring nef, eta for the current node (50k vs 75k) is ~2 hours.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 16, 2015, 07:53:52 pm »

There's an invasion on pluto with sweet rewards. Catalyst vs Reactor.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 17, 2015, 10:01:08 am »

Promo code DENOFKUBROW valid until the 18th. Gives four days of double credit rewards.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 20, 2015, 07:02:51 pm »

Alad won. Everyone who participated gets a free potato'd karak wraith.

On the bright side, it's an extra inventory slot and a free potato'd karak. On the downside, it's a karak.

Anyone participate in conclave? I find it a bit hectic. Especially free-for-all. It usually feels like I'm getting curbstomped regardless of which mode I try, and the maps get old fairly quickly.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 21, 2015, 02:07:43 pm »

So that was something, a nightmare intercept alert, no shield and level 40 grineer with quite a few exterminus appearing. So many deaths and requests for taxis to there.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 21, 2015, 02:20:27 pm »

What nightmare mod was it for?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 21, 2015, 04:11:12 pm »

There were a couple today. There was a Wildfire, that was a defense I think. There was also a Fortitude, which was a brutal interception.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 21, 2015, 08:34:26 pm »

So, I need advice. Currently, I'm running a Nyx, but that's mostly for the Mastery. It feels so weak after slaughtering everything with Shock spam. I started with a volt, and absolutely love it, such that a volt prime is on the short list of things to go for. What frame should I get after I max Nyx? I was thinking Mag, as its prints are easily farmed and I'm pretty sure I have all the resources already, but I'm not too sure.

Edit: Nightmare Mod is available on earth right now.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:37:42 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 21, 2015, 08:40:02 pm »

If you liked Volt for the 1 spam, I strongly recommend Oberon. His 1 is one of the most fun spammable nukes. Also, Ember, although she kinda sucks.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 21, 2015, 08:51:47 pm »

Oberon is great and I'd certainyl second him. You can spam 1, but also you have a heal (though it drains energy whether or not its helping, since the healbits have to reach everyone to help), and his 4 is a greatly entertaining radial slam with slight blind for nearby non-slammed enemies. And with Rage you can quickly build up for an emergency heal (or reckoning, but you should probably heal first imo.)

Mag mostly pulls enemies about in amusing (but still damaging) fashion and crushes them with the length of Crush's animation (or if you want to be meta, pulls everything, produces overshields occasionally, and sometimes crushes.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 21, 2015, 09:27:17 pm »

Getting Mutalist Alad keys is a pain. I've done about a half-dozen runs so far, and only gotten the Mesa Helmet.

Would it be better to just trade all my junk prime parts and buy mesa in the market?

Farming mutagen samples is also difficult. Rarely seems to drop on Eris, though it isn't too bad in derelicts. With the affinity/resource booster in affect for the next little while, anyone who has been meaning to farm may want to take advantage of it.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 133