Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245215 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #540 on: April 13, 2015, 09:38:18 pm »

One thing to take note of: once you upgrade your barracks size you're stuck paying the increased costs for the clan even if you aren't over one of the lower population caps.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 13, 2015, 11:00:49 pm »

One thing to take note of: once you upgrade your barracks size you're stuck paying the increased costs for the clan even if you aren't over one of the lower population caps.

Yep. Which is why I've never taken Finger Blasters beyond a Shadow Clan.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 16, 2015, 06:00:10 pm »

Those Grineer Maniacs were ridiculous.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 16, 2015, 06:44:04 pm »

The first two missions weren't bad. The third was a living hell.

My squad hid in places where the maniacs couldn't reach and just whittled away at them.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 16, 2015, 07:28:04 pm »

BTW on clan note I created the Twelfth Bay clan we have 9 members and a trading post in terms of clantech only have an energy lab up and just started Dera research today. Also most of our members have been inactive for a while. 

I just started getting (back) into this game, and I would be interested in joining the clan. Soooo much has changed, I barely even recognize anything anymore XD

Unfortunately I have the same problem with this game as I do with Payday (but not as extreme). I'm afraid to play online because I feel like I'd be a fifth wheel or just hinder everyone else somehow.

So how do I join the clan? (My name is OzyTheSage in game. I really need a better internet handle)

EDIT: I'm also curious to know... I see a lot of missions have levels associated with them. How do I know which levels are appropriate for me to handle?

Also sorry Ozy.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 16, 2015, 07:48:44 pm »

I wouldn't mind an invite. My name in-game is BlackFlyme, just like on here.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 16, 2015, 07:49:57 pm »

Yeah, I haven't played in a while so if you had to boot me that's fine.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 17, 2015, 08:49:51 am »

Not going to leave my current clan, but if you ever need someone to fill out a squad just send a message my way.

3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 17, 2015, 12:51:47 pm »

Trader is up. Orcus Relay, on Pluto.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 17, 2015, 06:41:21 pm »

Didn't realize some prime items were taken out of the void rewards table. Wish I had known before turning in all of my prime parts for ducats.

Slightly related, how much do you think an entire set of Frost Prime blueprints would cost in a trade?

Also wouldn't mind joining a clan, if we have one.
In updated reference to this with real examples, it took me about two minutes sitting in trade chat to get this deal:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's about the lowest the set's going for at the moment.

3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 17, 2015, 07:08:09 pm »

I'm trying to decide if $20 is a complete rip off or well within the scope of what it costs to buy shit with Plat in WF. I suppose if you stack that against Prime Access, it's a pretty square deal.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 17, 2015, 07:40:07 pm »

Yeah, the overall impact of a Prime frame is pretty damn high on how your progress goes; most of them are cheaper, too, especially if you buy piecemeal instead of as a set. Frost P is only that bad because it's discontinued and only selling as a set; you can pick up most things for 50% or less as individual parts.

Also, Rending Strike alert on Venus! Nightmare mod time is a go.

Man, just barely got mine. Went through 10+ squads with brand new players, ragequitters, &c. and lost all my Loki revives, then got lucky with a squad who knew what they were doing and a good excavator spawn. I miss them being only Exterminate and Assassination. :c
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:19:42 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 18, 2015, 06:24:50 am »

Yeah, the overall impact of a Prime frame is pretty damn high on how your progress goes; most of them are cheaper, too, especially if you buy piecemeal instead of as a set. Frost P is only that bad because it's discontinued and only selling as a set; you can pick up most things for 50% or less as individual parts.

Also, Rending Strike alert on Venus! Nightmare mod time is a go.

Man, just barely got mine. Went through 10+ squads with brand new players, ragequitters, &c. and lost all my Loki revives, then got lucky with a squad who knew what they were doing and a good excavator spawn. I miss them being only Exterminate and Assassination. :c

I had a similar experience with the Rending Strike alert, until I went all leader-mode and told them to wait up on the roof we spawned until a second excavator drop zone showed up in a nice, protected corner. Then I instructed them to SPAM YOUR CCs! and we were all basically Rhinos so we just rotated using stomp until the excavator was done, then we hightailed it to extract. I died, but all it takes is one lone survivor to make it there and we all win, and by god he made it. It was a good day.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 19, 2015, 01:37:52 am »

Finally finished the chroma quest, though I don't quite know how to get a volt helm blueprint to finish it up.

That last defense mission was brutal. Tried it solo a few times, which all failed. I got lucky enough to be paired with someone for the mission, and just barely completed it after trying it with them twice. Frost's snowglobe wasn't large enough to cover the artifact, but trying it with Nyx made it a lot easier, thanks to chaos.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 19, 2015, 07:32:24 am »

Volt is clantech. You need 15k credits and a clan dojo with the helmet researched, you can also pick up Zephyr and Banshee this way. (you also need to build it afterwards, of course)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 133